• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

They've demonstrated some level of verifiable foreknowledge of official information, so regardless of whether the whole leak is true, parts of it certainly are.
  • They knew Rhea's name weeks before its official reveal in either Japanese or English.
  • They accurately described Ferdinand's one-sided rivalry with Edelgard, officially revealed in his bio days later.
  • They've given similar information on a couple other characters, as well as other names, which'll be verifiable in the coming days/weeks.
Could be partial truth mixed with fan fiction, could be wholly true, could be true but for things that changed in development.

Sep 14, 2018
I prefer to go by Saturday since Nintendo will have a Smash and Mario Maker tournament that day. There's potential for announcements so that's 2 weeks and 3 days. Makes it feel closer too lol
Agreed. At the absolute minimum we'll see some cool levels in Mario Maker filled with ideas that most of us haven't thought of. I wish I could be someone that spends hours on a Mario Maker level, but I simply don't have enough good ideas for that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Biomutant game and Darksiders 2 are probably the big third party E3 announcements. I was expecting Overwatch

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think a port of Darksiders would qualify as a big 3rd party announcement.

Even DragonBall FighterZ was given like 3sec of screen time in last year's Direct.

Yeah that'll probably be in a sizzle reel too. No More Heroes 3 is a possible big third party game.

I do wonder if we'll get any new third party exclusive game(s). Like another partnership game we saw with Mario + Rabbids.

Deleted member 52093

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
That Biomutant game and Darksiders 2 are probably the big third party E3 announcements. I was expecting Overwatch
I strongly doubt that. These games, especially a late port of Darksiders 2, are not major announcements by any means. Fortnite and Rocket League worked as those two are some of the biggest games of this current generation with strong ongoing support and relevance. And besides, it will be real tone deaf for Nintendo to give a major spotlight to THQ Nordic...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. At the absolute minimum we'll see some cool levels in Mario Maker filled with ideas that most of us haven't thought of. I wish I could be someone that spends hours on a Mario Maker level, but I simply don't have enough good ideas for that.
Mario Maker is going to be great. Treehouse came up with some really fun stages last time. It's my favorite Nintendo game to watch people play.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would not be surprised if Nintendo starts off with Animal Crossing. It's a huge series and I can honestly see them thinking that's a good way to start the Direct off.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I honestly would not be surprised if Nintendo starts off with Animal Crossing. It's a huge series and I can honestly see them thinking that's a good way to start the Direct off.
I think they might kick off the direct with a new game like they've done in the last couple of directs.. Hopefully its a new Mario Strikers.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I have a feeling the direct is gonna start off with Pokemon. No intro, no forewarning, just a straight slap to the face with a 3 minute trailer showing off the legendaries, the professor, how the new gyms work, 6-7 new Pokemon, the release date, followed by a short blurb by Masuda and Co, and then the rest of the direct.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Here's my prediction

We open with Switch Sports. Shadow drop. Free on NSO but with DLC to come later.

Then Animal Crossing. Massively updated. There's towns you can visit. Way more stuff than before.

Sizzle reel 3rd Party
Planet coaster, planet zoo, darksiders 2, reminder of resident evils and also now 5, FF8, life is strange. DOTA 2. League of legends.

Zelda : Link's Awakening.

Zelda : Link's Awakening : the board game by Fantasy Flight games. More board games to come.

Madden

Luigi's Mansion

Pikmin 3

Pokemon

New Retro game. New IP. 3D platformer.

Stuff that's coming soon sizzle reel : MM2, MUA3 etc.

Ori. Halo 1 remastered. Gears of war 1 remastered. Forza mobile game. Gears tactics. Solitaire.

New Banjo Kazooie. By Playtonic. Now Nintendo Playtonic. For X1 and Switch.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017

I dont know if you are serious or not, but there is zero chance that those 2 games are big E3 party announcements, those two games would probably be weakest showed 3rd party games at Nintendo E3 Direct (not counting some Indies), I mean those two games wouldn't be considered for big announcements even for bad regular Direct.

You need to think much bigger than that, Rocket League was big E3 2017. announcement and Fortnite was big E3 2018. announcement,
Nintendo is probably planning something similar for this year's E3

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
My big prediction is either the show starts with a hardware reveal before the tournament with the tournaments being played on the new revision, or after the E3 Direct during the first Treehouse we get the reveal.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Biggest 3rd party announcements for the Switch were
Skyrim in the Switch reveal trailer
FIFA & Minecraft at the January 2017 Switch Presentation
Rocket League at e3 2017
Fortnite at e3 2018
Warframe at Tennocon 2018
Diablo III in August 2018

Now, what could Nintendo announce at e3 2019 that would be as big as those?
The Witcher III - not happening
Red Dead Redemption 2 - not happening
Rainbow Six Siege - not happening
Borderlands 3 - not happening
Call of Duty - probably not
Apex Legends - too soon
Grand Theft Auto V - maybe
PUBG (Lite?) - maybe
Overwatch - maybe
Roblox - maybe

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't see Playtonic wanting to work on Banjo Kazooie tbh. I've said it many times that Nintendo should work with Playtonic to make a new exclusive game.

I dont know if you are serious or not, but there is zero chance that those 2 games are big E3 party announcements, those two games would probably be weakest showed 3rd party games at Nintendo E3 Direct (not counting some Indies), I mean those two games wouldn't be considered for big announcements even for bad regular Direct.

You need to think much bigger than that, Rocket League was big E3 2017. announcement and Fortnite was big E3 2018. announcement,
Nintendo is probably planning something similar for this year's E3
I was half joking tbh.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket League at e3 2017
Fortnite at e3 2018

Apex Legends - too soon
PUBG (Lite?) - maybe
Overwatch - maybe
Roblox - maybe
Roblox is already out on switch

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I think the next cod is a safe bet. Would be good and as there is no real competition in this Genre it would perform quite well I assume

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is minor, but I do like when Sony shows the logo of the first party studio at the beginning or ending of a trailer. I know Nintendo doesn't really like to do it, but to see "Retro Studios" logo pop up first adds that little more hype before the game trailer starts.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Rocket League at e3 2017
Fortnite at e3 2018

Apex Legends - too soon
PUBG (Lite?) - maybe
Overwatch - maybe
Roblox - maybe

If you count Warframe, you can add to that list Doom, Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein 2 also.

IMO we talking about Overwatch or Apex Legends for this E3, but that doesn't mean that some other game also couldn't be announced, like CoD or GTAV.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my prediction

We open with Switch Sports. Shadow drop. Free on NSO but with DLC to come later.

Then Animal Crossing. Massively updated. There's towns you can visit. Way more stuff than before.

Sizzle reel 3rd Party
Planet coaster, planet zoo, darksiders 2, reminder of resident evils and also now 5, FF8, life is strange. DOTA 2. League of legends.

Zelda : Link's Awakening.

Zelda : Link's Awakening : the board game by Fantasy Flight games. More board games to come.

Madden

Luigi's Mansion

Pikmin 3

Pokemon

New Retro game. New IP. 3D platformer.

Stuff that's coming soon sizzle reel : MM2, MUA3 etc.

Ori. Halo 1 remastered. Gears of war 1 remastered. Forza mobile game. Gears tactics. Solitaire.

New Banjo Kazooie. By Playtonic. Now Nintendo Playtonic. For X1 and Switch.

Love these predictions, great stuff.

Let's double down on those board games!

Pikmin (Catan)
Federation Force (Space Hulk)
Mario Kart (Flamme Rouge)
Smash Brothers (Heroscape)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo have never given THQNordic a spot on any Direct and E3 Direct will be same. Their games do not even appear Nintendo's "upcoming third party games" lists.

Actually, The Witcher 3 is the only game that was leaked on that list. By a French wholesale site. It was pretty legit, they also listed AC3 Collection and that came out true.

Deleted member 50366

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I know it's a Nintendo Fanboy Cliche, but I really want the freaking Mother 3 localization, the motherfraking new F-Zero, and finally, if Iwata wants, I just want Metroid V or Donkey Kong 3D. I've been wishing it for 5 or 6 E3... or maybe more.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Nintendo have never given THQNordic a spot on any Direct and E3 Direct will be same. Their games do not even appear Nintendo's "upcoming third party games" lists.

Actually, The Witcher 3 is the only game that was leaked on that list. By a French wholesale site. It was pretty legit, they also listed AC3 Collection and that came out true.
Can the Switch even run it tho? Even Xbox One and PS4 versions don't go higher than 30 fps so it's really hard to imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.