Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The update to the store that now shows rotating screenshots of the game when you hover over the game's icon is good in theory but in reality it just means that you can't see the title of the game you are currently highlighting... It's kinda dumb...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The update to the store that now shows rotating screenshots of the game when you hover over the game's icon is good in theory but in reality it just means that you can't see the title of the game you are currently highlighting... It's kinda dumb...
Now even less time passes between "Wow that artwork looks cool" and "Wow those graphics are bad."

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off Shinsekai today. It was such a blast to play, the exploration side of things rocked though I felt some of the weapons were barely used to any effect. The combat though was the weak link, near the end of the game you have to fight a series of enemies and its easily the worst part of the game. The rest of the game though was a blast. Not quite sure what I'll play through while I wait for SoR4's release next week.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it has already mentioned, Flashback 25th Anniversary is 95% off. ($0.99/€0.99)

An absolute classic.

bradigor

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
This update?

Oh I see now. The problem is not all categories display the game's title in text below the image. Yeah I imagine that'll be fixed pretty soon.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Anyway, I bought Kuukiyomi: Consider It on a whim since it was on sale and I heard James Jones talk about it on an episode of Radio Free Nintendo a few months ago. The only negative seems to be that some knowledge of Japanese culture would help but I was looking for an oddball Wario Ware style game.

Kuukiyomi is pretty good and made me laugh but the developers other game Toridama is a lot better I think. Plus it offers a lot more replay value with a worldwide leaderboard if you perform well at the mini games.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Any opinions on Irony Curtain. Its currently $1.99. I see the switch reviews mention technical issues but there are so few of them to know if the opinions are one off examples.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I believe it will.

I don't think she's too keen on wanting to spend more than $10 on any single game that isn't named Animal Crossing (and a beat 'em up no less) but that's definitely an option. If the impressions are good, I'd just pick it up for her.
Brawl brothers in SNES NSO has a cheat code that changes it into the original (and superior) Japanese release(that among other things doesn't have the maze)

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Brawl brothers in SNES NSO has a cheat code that changes it into the original (and superior) Japanese release(that among other things doesn't have the maze)
First, I've never even heard of this game, so thank you for that. Second, I just gave this a shot and wow, that's freaking wild.

I played through the first stage and the game seems legit, too. Will definitely let her know about this. Thank you again!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
First, I've never even heard of this game, so thank you for that. Second, I just gave this a shot and wow, that's freaking wild.

I played through the first stage and the game seems legit, too. Will definitely let her know about this. Thank you again!
You used the cheat code right? Because the Japanese version is almost a different version as it removes a lot of the cheapness they threw in the international version. Joe and Mac 2 is a side scroller platformer with coop too, single vertical plane but with plenty of Dino's and cavemen to beat up

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
You used the cheat code right? Because the Japanese version is almost a different version as it removes a lot of the cheapness they threw in the international version. Joe and Mac 2 is a side scroller platformer with coop too, single vertical plane but with plenty of Dino's and cavemen to beat up
I did. Turned into Rushing Beat, which I have heard of before. Got to the 3rd stage before I turned it off and I enjoyed my time. Simple but good fun. Also, thanks for the Joe and Mac recommendation.

Man, I kinda forgot how good the NSO SNES app is. Playing these games online is still kind of wild to me. Now if only they'd release Turtles in Time. They could literally not release anything else and I'd be fine, haha.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I've totally slept on the Picross games and see that S4 is now out. Should I just right to this one or start at the first one? Which one is considered the best/most feature rich of the 4?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
You'll need to start with Picross S to fully understand the intricate story and follow the character development throughout

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I did. Turned into Rushing Beat, which I have heard of before. Got to the 3rd stage before I turned it off and I enjoyed my time. Simple but good fun. Also, thanks for the Joe and Mac recommendation.

Man, I kinda forgot how good the NSO SNES app is. Playing these games online is still kind of wild to me. Now if only they'd release Turtles in Time. They could literally not release anything else and I'd be fine, haha.
Good to hear and yeah it's awesome. Personally I expect the next batch of games in the next month with things being quiet till XBCDe. Personally I'm more curious to see what additional third party gems they somehow manage to wrangle onto the service over the expected first party stuff. That or super scope. Not that I expect licensed games but there's some second tier Enix stuff that'd be amazing that has a chance like Evo, Robotrek, Tactics Ogre. Not to mention Bomberman and Goemon from Konami

Week April 23rd
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR
JP Article

• Itta - Armor Games Studio - $14.99/€14.99 - 270 MB
  • Picross S4 - Jupiter - $9.99/€9.99 - 168 MB
  • Help Will Come Tomorrow - Klabater - $19.99/€19.99 - 412 MB
  • Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown - Pineapple Works - $19.99/€19.99 - 132 MB
  • Smile Basic 4 - SmileBoom - $24.99/€21.99 - 181 MB
    ittaycjp0.jpg
    picrosss4tikxl.jpg
    helpwillcometomorrow61kbo.jpg
    legendsofamberland28jcl.jpg
    smilebasic4ork1v.jpg
  • Damaged in Transit - Everook - $14.99/€13.59 - 238 MB
  • Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition - Digerati - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.6 GB
  • MetaChampions - Octobox Interactive - Free-to-Play - 2.5 GB
  • Guard Duty - Ratalaika Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.5 GB
  • Archaica: The Path of Light - Drageus Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.5 GB
    damagedintransitg8klh.jpg
    sunlessseazubmarinereodj88.jpg
    metachampionsg4kev.jpg
    guarddutywhjmz.jpg
    archaicapathoflightiujt5.jpg
  • Trials of Mana - Square Enix - $49.99/€49.99 - 10.5 GB
  • MotoGP 20 - Milestone - $39.99/€49.99 - 9.6 GB
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - Road to Boruto - Bandai Namco - $49.99/€49.99 - 12.2 GB
  • Tube Panic - Arcade - Nichibutsu/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Broken Lines - Super.com - $24.99/€24.99 - 3.9 GB
    trialsofmanaasjey.jpg
    motogp20btk50.jpg
    narutoshippudenultimaiukn7.jpg
    arcadearchivestubepanfhjjq.jpg
    brokenlines8vkt5.jpg
  • Little Busters! Converted Edition - Prototype - $44.99/€44.99 - 4.1 GB
  • Code:Realize - Future Blessings - Aksys Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 5.7 GB
  • Yumeutsutsu Re:Master - Degica - $64.99/€64.99 - 5.0 GB
  • Yumeutsutsu Re:After - Degica - $49.99/€49.99 - 1.9 GB
  • Where Angels Cry - Ocean Media - €9.99 - 803 MB *EU*
    littlebustersconvertejgjin.jpg
    coderealizefutureblesbojsr.jpg
    yumeutsutsuremastereyjjx.jpg
    yumeutsutsureafter17jay.jpg
    whereangelscry18jbv.jpg
  • Debtor - Drageus Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 53 MB
  • The Copper Canyon Dixie Dash - Black Dragon Studios - €6.69 - 1.7 GB
  • eSports Legend - Coconut Island Games - $11.99/€10.99 - 1.1 GB
  • OMG Police: Car Chase TV Simulator - RedDeerGames - $4.99/€4.99 - 186 MB *04/27 on EU*
  • TaniNani - WhyKev - $4.99/€4.99 - 137 MB
    debtorz4jyn.jpg
    dixiedashiijxw.jpg
    esportslegend0pjyw.jpg
    omgpolice-carchasetvshbjgl.jpg
    taninaniprka4.jpg
  • Shadows - Ultimate Games - $7.99 - 222 MB
  • Animal Fun for Toodlers and Kids - Winterworks - €6.99 - 56 MB
  • Hang The Kings - QUByte Interactive - $0.99/€0.99 - 158 MB
    shadowsfgkao.jpg
    animalfunfortoddlersav5kc6.jpg
    hangthekingsqujii.jpg

- Japan

• Yoiyami Dancers - Mediascape - 1,000
  • Battle of Elemental BURST - Amzy - ¥600
  • Bokuhime Project - Nippon Ichi - ¥7,678
  • G-Mode Archives 02: Ai to Roudou no Hibi - G-Mode - ¥500
    yoiyamidancers1rjjs.jpg
    battleofelementalbursk1koa.jpg
    bokuhimeprojectrejg7.jpg
    g-modearchives02aitorj6j6p.jpg

- Late Releases

• Offroad Racing - Buggy X ATV X Moto - Microids - $19.99 - 2.8 GB *NA*

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Kuukiyomi is pretty good and made me laugh but the developers other game Toridama is a lot better I think. Plus it offers a lot more replay value with a worldwide leaderboard if you perform well at the mini games.
I have Toridama on my wishlist be after I saw peeps recommend it. I had a feeling it was the same developer behind it. I only played the Considerate mode of Kuukiyomi and found what I had to do in each instance confusing at times, quirky at best. I think it's okay, nothing amazing. It could be a fun game to bust out to play with friends. Otherwise, I think it's one and done game. I'm not big into leaderboards stuff but that's good to know.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Finished off Shinsekai today. It was such a blast to play, the exploration side of things rocked though I felt some of the weapons were barely used to any effect. The combat though was the weak link, near the end of the game you have to fight a series of enemies and its easily the worst part of the game. The rest of the game though was a blast. Not quite sure what I'll play through while I wait for SoR4's release next week.
I second the recommendation for Shinsekai, really enjoyed it. Agreed on the end section being rather weak, but as you said the rest of the game was a blast.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I second the recommendation for Shinsekai, really enjoyed it. Agreed on the end section being rather weak, but as you said the rest of the game was a blast.
What was your take on the combat? Its one of the games I think that could have benefited with almost/zero combat as I never really felt it added to the game. The exploration and light puzzles were where it shone for me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys whole shit ITTA is fucking awesome. It's like a pixel art bullet hell Shadow of the Colossus.

Dec 2, 2019
Guys whole shit ITTA is fucking awesome. It's like a pixel art bullet hell Shadow of the Colossus.
This makes me want to play the game lol

But not this time, it doesn't make any sense to buy another full price game just now. When it goes on sale, though. Yeah, the Switch eShop has quickly become a overwhelming place with way more games than I have time to play. So I don't buy almost any new game at full price but I see Flashback at 1€ and pick it while shrugging

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me want to play the game lol

But not this time, it doesn't make any sense to buy another full price game just now. When it goes on sale, though. Yeah, the Switch eShop has quickly become a overwhelming place with way more games than I have time to play. So I don't buy almost any new game at full price but I see Flashback at 1€ and pick it while shrugging

It's got a launch sale. I think it'd be only around $15 US right now.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone have performance impressions of either Sunless Sea or Legend of Amberland? I have them both on PC but as always, double dip if they run and look good.

FYI they are both good. Amberland is similar to the old Might and Magic games (4/5) and about 30-40 hours of content. It's not as deep as the 90s games it was inspired by and not nearly as hard, but it seriously is like a lost game from the past :)

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have performance impressions of either Sunless Sea or Legend of Amberland? I have them both on PC but as always, double dip if they run and look good.

Not the best of impressions as I just played Sunless Sea about half an hour, but found no problems so far. The only issue is the one that's common to many Switch games: small text. Readable, but small.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Not the best of impressions as I just played Sunless Sea about half an hour, but found no problems so far. The only issue is the one that's common to many Switch games: small text. Readable, but small.

Great thanks. I'm always leery of stuttering/unstable FPS and have been burned several times on Switch (haven't we all lol).

Rossonero

Nov 6, 2017
Apologizes if this is the wrong thread, but I just got a Switch 2019 with a pro controller and Link's Awakening.

Was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for couch coop games?

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Apologizes if this is the wrong thread, but I just got a Switch 2019 with a pro controller and Link's Awakening.

Was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for couch coop games?

Overcooked 1 and 2, Heave Ho, Death Squared, Snipper Clips and presumably Moving Out.

Death Squared can be found for like 2 bucks pretty often on discount and is a steal for that price if you enjoy puzzle games. Heave Ho and Sniper Clips have been discounted recently. Overcooked is on sale right now.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Not that it has ever been an issue for me (don't own any game with unreadable text), but I'd like to think "Switch 2" will have a 1080p screen and there will be no unreadable text ever.

Rossonero

Nov 6, 2017
Awesome, thanks a lot for the suggestions all! My wishlist is long now.

Damn what a good game Link's Awakening is.

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked up SmileBASIC 4.
It's really cool so far! While I'm no good at programming, there are tons of neat games to download.

I've started posting game clips on my twitter account. https://twitter.com/PVJ_Reviewer

How is this for someone that's interested in programming and creation as a side hobby, but has almost zero knowledge? Is it a good place to start, or should I comeback after a course or two?

May 30, 2018
dragon quest xi, trials of mana, xenoblade chronicles 2.
if you havent played xenoblade2 i would say wait and play the first one when it comes out in may. its way better than xenoblade2 imo.

Thanks for the recs. Never played XB1, but I know if Shulk from Smash haha

Though I had XCX on the Wii U but didn't enjoy it all, but just from a quick glance it seems incredibly different than XC1/2, so I'll wait for XB1

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished ITTA.

Definitely liked it. It's a bite sized chunk of good ideas all wrapped together, but it also crashed like a dozen times.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo... good game mechanics, not so good programming?

Yeah there's one boss where the hurtbox for his teleport attack activates instantly as soon as he teleports, which makes a difficult fight all but impossible, and this is the fourth or fifth boss you face.

Otherwise the game is a genuine blast to play.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Finished yesterday's new release, Gunbrick: Reloaded (by Nitrome), and I figured I'd give my thoughts to anyone considering picking up the game.

----

Absolutely worth picking up. Once again, Nitrome have crafted an excellent puzzle-platformer by taking a simple idea - the Gunbrick - and building upon it through incrementally harder level designs and gimmicks.

You control the Gunbrick - a brick with a gun on one side, and a shield on the other. You rotate as you move through stages, and to progress, you often need to orient the Gunbrick in some way, to aim the gun in the right direction. If you aim the gun down at the ground, you can propel yourself upwards; aim it sideways, and you push yourself in the opposite direction (the recoil). The game gets complex when you need to figure out how to use these ideas (rotation and recoil) to get yourself to face a certain direction in order to progress. The review from EGM sums the idea up far better than I have.

The game starts off simple, but by slowly increasing the complexity of the required movements and then by introducing new ideas into levels, the game ends up feeling very satisfying to progress through, with a great sense of cohesion between levels. Levels are short and fairly focused, usually focusing a core idea or two. The game features 48 levels, 12 of which are unlockable through the main campaign, plus the original 10 levels from the Flash version of Gunbrick (all the way from 2012). The only levels which stick out as bad are the 3 boss levels, at the end of each Pack -- they're just a bit clunky and not overly engaging to play through. The game lasts roughly 5 to 6 hours, if you go for 100%.

The game has the same general art design as Bomb Chicken, Nitrome's earlier Switch release, which lends it a simple yet charming look. The music is equally "simple yet charming" - nothing you'd listen to on repeat, but enough to lend each set of levels their own identity. The new content in this Reloaded edition are the 12 new isometric levels, which are far more complex than the majority of the main campaign. They have the same great design philosophy as the main campaign, but I do feel they run on for too long.

In all, this game is great and well worth playing! My only other complaint is that the level select is a bit... weird at times. The developers are aware of the bugs with the level select, however. They won't stop you progressing, but your cursor can get stuck if you flip between worlds when picking a level.
Thank you for this, sounds interesting.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Cosmic Star Heroine is pretty damn good. I'm not sure how or why I slept on this game but I've been playing it all day and cannot put it down.
Noticed the Capcom sale. Ive only played RE4, yall recommend any other RE titles from what they have up for sale?
The Top 3 RE games on Switch are:
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Resident Evil / Resident Evil HD Remaster
3. Resident Evil: Revelations 2

All of them are on sale right now and Capcom has an RE sale like every other week.

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up Alien Isolation on sale and holy crap this gives me some serious Metroid vibes! Play it y'all! I'm only a few hours in and I'm not sure Prime 4 will be able to top it.

Status
Not open for further replies.