• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
I joined this forum for the hype, but I stayed for the endless, absurd, existential wait for a future that will never meet our idealistic expectations.

tumblr_inline_mswvjqpkBl1qz4rgp.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem gameplay should definitely come before Animal Crossing. If any game gets its own direct, for example, it would be Fire Emblem. It has the spring release and the Fire Emblem series is a very big deal for Nintendo now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think that Team Ninja is going to promote it when they got two games releasing in less than 2 months.
Unless it releases in 3-4months obviously (which doesn't seem to be the case).
True but that's a pretty big point in its favor. Also the game looked fairly far along and KT/Team Ninja are known to churn out games pretty quickly.
Yeah H1 is expected and we got full gameplay reveal and no cg out of the gate, combined with being published by Nintendo

Also Nintendo as publisher(likely partnered with Marvel in the west) has full control of advertising and release window(it could be gold already) so they can advertise it whenever they want since it's for their benefit not Tecmo koeis

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is when I say "name checks out," right?
I couldn't resist a Gatsby reference when it's practically delivered into my lap like that. It's pretty dang on the nose for this thread too.

Funny enough, I originally thought of using Gatsby as my online handle, but decided to go slightly more subtle.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Oh so this is where the crazies was!

What have I missed?
I firmly believed a direct was.due for tomirrow but seems I arrived this thread as the hope fades...

Plum

May 31, 2018
So when are we all expecting a Direct now? It's not March so it must be February, right?

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Jan = Nindies, Feb = Animal Crossing, Mar = General, Apr = Pokemon

I guess that's how it's going down.

Means the next Fire Emblem news is in March... so if it's going to stick to its Spring window, it's likely May/June for the release. (Even though June is Summer, but it's still Q2 so they count it as Spring...)
They won't wait til april to reveal Pokémon. A new gen is generally revealed in January/February. They want enough time to market the next gen (assuming a release date in November). If no Pokémon direct is coming in January, it will probably come early February. A Nintendo direct may come anytime after that (I am thinking Early March).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh so this is where the crazies was!

What have I missed?
I firmly believed a direct was.due for tomirrow but seems I arrived this thread as the hope fades...
King Zell heard that it's still "soon", but probably not this month.
king zell said:
Ok here is what i got guys, and Indie Showcase next week, the Direct is still "Soon" but i doubt its in January.
I didn't actually quote the post since I don't want to add to the insanity of his notifications.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
If we have to wait to March, we would be
Yeah unless something nice is announced in the inevitable direct, it'll be a slow start of the year. They could still surprise us for what's coming from spring onward. As long as they don't repeat 2018 I'm good.

Same here.

What makes me think is the fact that they still want to reach the 20M goal in this fiscal year...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
wait, i understand that king zell saying not this month, but why do people think march instead of feb?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Jan = Nindies, Feb = Animal Crossing, Mar = General, Apr = Pokemon

I guess that's how it's going down.

Means the next Fire Emblem news is in March... so if it's going to stick to its Spring window, it's likely May/June for the release. (Even though June is Summer, but it's still Q2 so they count it as Spring...)
I'm still thinking that MUA3 will come out in April to line up with Avengers: Endgame, so I'm mostly expecting a February Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.