• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I don't consider SMP to be "huge" in general, but even going by that, SMP actually IS a smaller hitter than Let's Go and Smash.

Most franchises are small compared to Pokémon and Smash. They're in fact, among the biggest franchises in gaming.

And Super Mario Party has been shown to be huge since again, it sold 5 million copies in a few months and it's still selling.

Nov 3, 2017
https:///takahashi-assures-investors-nintendo-switch-games-scheduled-for-2019-wont-be-delayed/

Has this been discussed? It seems like a pretty big promise to make.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https:///takahashi-assures-investors-nintendo-switch-games-scheduled-for-2019-wont-be-delayed/

As long as something completely unexpected doesn't happen, isn't it realistic to have the release dates locked down for the next 10 months? I'd imagine they're pretty confident.

Also, I think releasing games with free updates later to add in features is something Nintendo is used to.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

The article speaks nothing but positives about their development process, going as far as to point out how successful Smash Bros Ultimate was despite being developed by several different groups

Thus, Takahashi says first party games are rarely delayed and launch on time, and he assures the investor that all Nintendo Switch games planned to launch in 2019, including unannounced titles, will launch as planned without delays.
Miyamoto felt the development of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a game that involved many companies and developer, was smooth from start to finish.

But reading this I can't help but wonder how Metroid Prime 4 fits into all of this. I suppose everything above could be true if development itself was going fine, but they found that the product being developed just wasn't very fun? An issue with vision moreso than anything else

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But reading this I can't help but wonder how Metroid Prime 4 fits into all of this. I suppose everything above could be true if development itself was going fine, but they found that the product being developed just wasn't very fun? An issue with vision moreso than anything else
The answer from Takahashi & Miyamoto seem like assurances that MP4 is an isolated case. Or at least that's my read.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow the fucking Patriots won. Garbage ass Rams. There better be a Direct this week now. Seriously ruined my week.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IUNO what to think of Jonneh's post. On the one hand, he typed the word otters, but on the other, he didn't actually post an image of an otter.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Advance Wars is going to be on the back-burner regardless of Wargroove. Fire Emblem's business requires batches of new characters to introduced on a fairly regular basis, so that will always be priority one for IS and Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Advance Wars is going to be on the back-burner regardless of Wargroove. Fire Emblem's business requires batches of new characters to introduced on a fairly regular basis, so that will always be priority one for IS and Nintendo.
Nobody said Fire Emblem isn't priority...

There will always be priority games, but if they feel like AW can sell they would make it. They make more than just Fire Emblem at IS.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the meaning of otter? If Jonneh posts otter image, does that mean this week will have direct?
Basically if he posts otters that usually means something will happen soon. Tho I prefer to wait for the other insiders to start dropping by as well before I get truly excited.

But when the otters arrive is when I start watching the thread with notifications :P

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically if he posts otters that usually means something will happen soon. Tho I prefer to wait for the other insiders to start dropping by as well before I get truly excited.

But when the otters arrive is when I start watching the thread with notifications :P
I don't think his otter comment was a hint ☹️

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
i wont believe a nintendo direct is happening until we have a thread saying how disappointing it was

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody said Fire Emblem isn't priority...

There will always be priority games, but if they feel like AW can sell they would make it. They make more than just Fire Emblem at IS.
They only have so much bandwidth now that they're nearly exclusively on Switch development. They simply won't be able to release as many projects as they could on the 3DS.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If Wargroove makes over a million dollars, I think IS is going to give Advance Wars another go. If not, they will probably keep churning out Fire Emblem games as those games make the big bucks.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's lucky that I don't care about the Super Bowl in the slightest. My week is neutral so far, so i'm hoping a Direct will make it a good one.
Apex Legends is apparently dropping tomorrow, so that makes this week already off to a strong start for me! Wish it'd come to Switch, but it's EA and I'm pretty sure the Source Engine doesn't support the Switch.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
If Wargroove makes over a million dollars, I think IS is going to give Advance Wars another go. If not, they will probably keep churning out Fire Emblem games as those games make the big bucks.
1 million dollars isn't that much compared to a full scale Advance Wars game on Switch with HD visuals.

Wargroove is what $20?
So ~$13.00-14.00 after store holder take.
72,000 copies for $14 return on each game sold or 77,000 for $13
And this is really simplified assuming it's only US currency with a very specific rate between all online stores people buy the game from. It doesn't take much to make 1mil dollars. An HD Advance Wars game today would be like 3 million possibly, who knows

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What IS should revive, is Card Hero with a Fire Emblem Cipher cross promotion.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They had four million seller games between March and October.
Few of those multi million sellers.

I argue that it was more than almost nothing.
Still, the gigantic titles of the year (Mario Party, Pokemon, Smash) were all concentrated in the last quarter of the year. Nintendo had major titles throughout 2018, but 2017's heavy-hitters was more evenly distributed with BOTW and Mario covering the first half and second half, and arguably Splatoon 2 in the middle. 2018 would have felt like a better year if, say, Smash made a fall release date. I don't think that would have been possible, though.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but apparently a new Yu-Gi-Oh! game is coming to Nintendo Switch, SOURCE:
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/yu-gi-oh-legacy-of-the-duelist-link-evolution-announced-for-switch
It was announced in the latest V-Jump issue, and surpirsingly its published by Konami (no shock seeing they own the Yu-Gi-Oh! iP).
Seems it due out in 2019.
Hyper Sports and Yu-Gi-Oh! Everyone's favorite Konami video game franchises. Yippee. (At least we're getting a new Dance Dance Revolution arcade game this year. That's neat, I guess.)

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but apparently a new Yu-Gi-Oh! game is coming to Nintendo Switch, SOURCE:
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/yu-gi-oh-legacy-of-the-duelist-link-evolution-announced-for-switch
It was announced in the latest V-Jump issue, and surpirsingly its published by Konami (no shock seeing they own the Yu-Gi-Oh! iP).
Seems it due out in 2019.
What does this have to do with Nintendo first party?

What even is this thread anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.