Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to what Kirby's "next phase" turns out to be. Hoping for a 3D platformer, but really, I'll be happy with a new traditional game :P

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
You can ignore every Smash thread on here as they pop up, and if you use Twitter you can just block the word 'Smash' and other related terms.

I already ignore the dedicated smash thread here :) I'm glad it exists and is clearly labelled.

It's tough to ignore smash when all news outlets go crazy whenever something is announced, it feels like it gets more coverage than any other franchise in history.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Doctre81 back at it again with the LinkedIn scoops. Apparently Ubisoft Chengdu is working on an unannounced Switch game. Could just be another board game conversion, though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Her attitude is kind of rough if you read her Twitter lol. We'll see what comes of what she's said for Microsoft and Nintendo.

I have to say her gossip tweets does sounds like she is drunk tweeting xD

I'd take Rare's games on the Switch if just because they have bots, haha. Conker and Perfect Dark had excellent multiplayer modes that'd be a lot of fun to boot up and blast, archaic graphics and all.

But really, the Rare dream is two things;
1) Banjo/Kazooie in Smash.
2) Blast Corps sequel.

We don't need nintendo for number 2, just need someone on microsoft to notice how obviously a graphics powerhouse will be the amount of particles a blast corps sequel can generate xD

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I already ignore the dedicated smash thread here :) I'm glad it exists and is clearly labelled.

It's tough to ignore smash when all news outlets go crazy whenever something is announced, it feels like it gets more coverage than any other franchise in history.
It's a weird complaint tbh. Smash could end up being the biggest game released on Switch, and it is the most hyped of all Nintendo franchises probably. Of course there will be tons of discussion in Nintendo and general gaming topics.

It's like saying you are annoyed that you keep getting wet after jumping in the swimming pool.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
It's like saying you are annoyed that you keep getting wet after jumping in the swimming pool.

I'll reply to this discussion one last time. It's ok not to like things and it's ok to voice an opinion. It's ok for y'all to disagree as well :) I'm not complaining about everyone discussing smash, rather just I wish there was some magical filter that would erase it from my reality.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Doctre81 back at it again with the LinkedIn scoops. Apparently Ubisoft Chengdu is working on an unannounced Switch game. Could just be another board game conversion, though.

I'd be shocked if Ubisoft decides to port a current gen game after the Steep catastrophe. I think they will stick to safe stuff like Mario + Rabbids and Starlink. Starlink doesn't have a future though, bombed real hard. I hope Nintendo do the right stuff and give them the StarFox IP to create a proper Fox game. From what I played, I can safely say they're much better Starfox makers than Nintendo themselves and Cuthbert's Q Games.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
You guys are so gullible lol

Pro tip: any "leak" that says "HOLY SMOKES RARE'S GAMES COMING TO NINTENDO CONSOLES" or "BANJO IN SMASH CONFIRMED!" are automatically fake. Have we learned nothing from the Grinch Leak or that Gaming Intel thing that reported the N64 mini being announced after the Smash Direct?

Also, LMFAO at "Miyamoto hated the Stamper Bros!"
Seriously, I'm tempted to make a twitter account and just start spouting any old rumor just to get people taking and prove a point.

I think we're so starving for information that we're jumping on any rumor, any fake leak—anything that sounds like news we want to hear.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
There are lots of outlets covering the MS/XBL stuff so there has to be some truth to it. It could be as little as replicating what's currently available in Minecraft (achievements etc) to full blown collabs as people are suggesting.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
You should just be a good person and donate anyway.

I never thought I would get another 3D Mario game like 64 again; and it took me months to get over Ridley and K. Rool being in Smash. Nintendo knows how to please me.

That doesn't mean that Rare games will be on the N64 classic, or that Rare content is coming to Smash. It also doesn't mean that Miyamoto personally hated the Stamper Bros and insulted them behind their back, or that he hated Donkey Kong Country and held a grudge against Rare for it being more successful than Yoshi's Island. How would this person even know about something like that?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That doesn't mean that Rare games will be on the N64 classic, or that Rare content is coming to Smash. It also doesn't mean that Miyamoto personally hated the Stamper Bros and insulted them behind their back, or that he hated Donkey Kong Country and held a grudge against Rare for it being more successful than Yoshi's Island. How would this person even know about something like that?
I wasn't really referring to their industry gossip; I don't care about that stuff in the slightest. Rare games being on the N64 Classic isn't as impossible as you think it is, and Banjo in Smash is my dream. Let me have this.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

For Switch, every rumor is too good to be true. If someone came up and said "rumor has it Capcom is porting Resident Evil 5 to Switch" everyone would lose their shit. I know I'd lose my shit. It's Resident Evil 5 on a portable system how awesome is that?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really referring to their industry gossip; I don't care about that stuff in the slightest. Rare games being on the N64 Classic isn't as impossible as you think it is, and Banjo in Smash is my dream. Let me have this.

I'm just pointing out that this person may not be the most reliable. Believe what you want.

For Switch, every rumor is too good to be true. If someone came up and said "rumor has it Capcom is porting Resident Evil 5 to Switch" everyone would lose their shit. I know I'd lose my shit. It's Resident Evil 5 on a portable system how awesome is that?

I feel like these aren't very comparable at all. I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Possibilities, from most to least likely:

- BK/Joanna Dark in Smash
- N64 mini collaboration.
- Rare Replay Switch
- Goldeneye remaster collaboration
- MC Collection Switch (pls)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Broke: Banjo Kazooie on the N64 Mini

Woke: Diddy Kong Racing on N64 Mini
They probably wouldn't want to upstage Mario Kart 64 that badly.

Realistically though (assuming Rare games are part of the N64 Classic) I could see really only see Banjo-Kazooie (no duh), DK64 (guaranteed regardless of any other Rare support) and Diddy Kong Racing. Goldeneye is a no-go because of licencing, Conker and Perfect Dark would bump up the rating too much, Banjo-Tooie might be overkill for 3D platformers and I just can't see Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not onboard with all of this. She seems really salty about MS in general. One of her tweets dismisses Sea of Thieves as a failure (very active game on Twitch and constantly getting updates), saying Rare belongs with Nintendo, and then tweeting the song Coming Home with a picture of the rare logo.

I'm sure MS and Nintendo will do more work together in the future after Minecraft but I wouldn't put stock into everything said. N64 mini and Banjo are always attention grabbing bets and certainly in the realm of possibility but the very angry tone about MS owning Rare discredits the story in my eyes.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
You guys get your hopes up every damn time. I'm tired of it

XBL being on Switch has nothing to do with Rare. It's been on Switch for close to a year through Minecraft and that has led to nothing else outside of Minecraft. Now 3rd parties will have the tools to incorporate it themselves and from what we know that's it
XBL would be on PlayStation too if Sony allowed it.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Small brain: Rare games in N64 Classic

Regular brain: Rare Replay Switch port

Planet brain: Banjo in Smash

Galaxy brain: Diddy Kong Racing 2 first on Switch

Universe brain: Banjo Threei Switch exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.