• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm hoping for by E3 next year is some new bigger budget franchise, hopefully singleplayer. Like I'd love to see Nintendo continue their creative after Splatoon and ARMS. Either that or collaborate with another third party company for an exclusive new IP(s) like how they did with Octopath Traveler, Wonderful 101, Sushi Striker. Shame Code Name Steam didn't sell well because I'd love to see Intelligent Systems give themselves another shot at a new series. They're probably too afraid now and have been sticking only to Fire Emblem and Paper Mario, and paper mario hasn't been doing so well either. Maybe HAL can give Kirby a break for once lol

The lineup for Switch though is looking pretty good though, very diverse in genre, gameplay, art style, etc. I can't wait to see what the next big reveal is. I just hope to see some new fresh blood IP in the lineup as well like Daemon X Machina. Crossing fingers for that new Monolith Soft game to be just exactly what I'm looking for

W8koJfq.gif

Hal did that for Boxboy though, which had two sequels

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This list is still on the weaker side for me.These are mostly second-tier titles. It needs a headliner besides Metroid Prime 4, or a couple of other meaty second-tier games like Paper Mario + Pikmin + 2D Zelda.

Animal Crossing is second tier to Bayonetta and Metroid? In what universe? Because it has a lower budget?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This is said almost every single year and almost every single year is a let down. Games will get pushed back.

In 2017, no games got delayed despite everyone being sure Xenoblade 2 wouldn't make it. For 2018, only Yoshi and Fire Emblem were delayed. Even then, we got surprised games like Aces, Let's Go, and Mario Party.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Before proclaiming that next year will be awesome, I need to see some studio really bring their A game. They did it with Zelda, Splatoon, Mario 3D in 2017, but since then I don't feel like we've seen Nintendo at the top of their game, there's always something holding them back in a way (either rushed, a bit incomplete, technically lacking...). I hope Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion are all as good as they can be.

Splatoon 2 also suffered from lack of content, like having only five stages with one of them being a return stage, and called an uprise port. So it got the same criticisms as Aces. Also, none of the Switch games this year feel rush since they were purposely going the Splatoon rollout method.

MrGab

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 2 also suffered from lack of content, like having only five stages with one of them being a return stage, and called an uprise port. So it got the same criticisms as Aces. Also, none of the Switch games this year feel rush since they were purposely going the Splatoon rollout method.

Splatoon 2 launched with 8 stages, with only 2 being return stage.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of the specifics people were definitely pushing the "undercooked sequel" angle pretty hard for a while there

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mention Splatoon in the incomplete category because we all knew that eventually it will become a great game. You can't possibly compare it to Aces or SMP. Aces updates are just a few characters and a mini game so far, it's still as barebones as it was, very few modes, options, bad online... SMP is even worse because there isn't any updates planned (and they have no reason to keep them secret so they're probably not happening).

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Animal Crossing is second tier to Bayonetta and Metroid? In what universe? Because it has a lower budget?
->
*cough* MZM-syndrome *cough*
This is exactly what I'm talking about. :)

Also, I wouldn't assume just because one is a more cinematic action game stuff exploding and the other is a bright slow simulation game where you plant trees that the former has a higher budget than the latter.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
It's 2019 speculation time already... yay.

In addition to everything listed above that seems likely (Yoshi, Fire Emblum, Animal Crossing, Luigi's mansion and Pokémon) I expect that we will see another Nintendo x Warriors collaboration and another Ubisoft collaboration.

(Still irrationally hoping for that DK hero shooter in the style of Far Cry or Ghost Recon Wildlands that will never happen)

We should likely be due Tantalus's next game as well. Since we haven't heard of anything about them and 3rd party ports it's fair to say that a first party game/remaster is in the works

(Best guess' are Metroid Prime trilogy or OoT Remade in Unreal 4)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It's 2019 speculation time already... yay.

In addition to everything listed above that seems likely (Yoshi, Fire Emblum, Animal Crossing, Luigi's mansion and Pokémon) I expect that we will see another Nintendo x Warriors collaboration and another Ubisoft collaboration.

(Still irrationally hoping for that DK hero shooter in the style of Far Cry or Ghost Recon Wildlands that will never happen)

We should likely be due Tantalus's next game as well. Since we haven't heard of anything about them and 3rd party ports it's fair to say that a first party game/remaster is in the works

(Best guess' are Metroid Prime trilogy or OoT Remade in Unreal 4)
They have just released Cities: Skylines two months ago.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I liked it, but it's not the Paper Mario the series started off as. That battle system with the cards was not good and barely needed to grow your paint.

True. I quite like the way they mix things up a bit with that series though. I really enjoyed Super Paper Mario too and I think that game has some of the most humorous dialogue I've seen in a video game. I didn't play the N64 originals though so that could be part of why the change in gameplay style didn't bother me.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
In 2017, no games got delayed despite everyone being sure Xenoblade 2 wouldn't make it. For 2018, only Yoshi and Fire Emblem were delayed. Even then, we got surprised games like Aces, Let's Go, and Mario Party.

Actually huge majority of 2018. Switch lineup if we talk about Nintendo games, wasnt announced before start of 2018. You mentioned Aces, Let's Go, and Mario Party, but Smash Bros was also announced in March of 2018. also Labo, DKTF, Hyrule Wariors and Captain Toad are all announced in 2018. Only confirmed 2018. games before 2017. were Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Octopath Traveler and Bayonetta 1/2 (December announcement).

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I expecting that next year we will have some kind of Zelda game, 2D (top down) Zelda or port of Zelda WW/TP HD (or maybe of 3DS OoT/MM HD), and Pikmin 3 port,
and at least one more or two 3rd party exclusives (maybe that rumoured Ridge Racer) beside Deamon X Machina.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
2019 forecast
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
NSMBUD
Pokemon
Shin Megami Tensei
Yokai Watch 4 (Japan at least)
Yoshi's Crafted World

TBC
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4

Granted, I'm not sticking to just first party games, but on the exclusives front this is stellar.

They will still have a few unannounced 2019 releases (as Reggie confirmed, yes, but I don't take what he says seriously unless he writes it in crayons), so next year is looking pretty air-tight for my tastes. The Square and Capcom legacy releases are the icing on the cake - when FF7 is in my hands I will no longer know the distinction between ecstasy and having a stroke.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has a lot of momentum going into next year. Super Mario Party was a nice game for October. Now Pokémon in November and Smash in December. They start 2019 with NSMBU Deluxe in January. Let's see how they go from February and on.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2017 was great, no question there. 2018 is hardly the standard I would like to come to expect, I personally found it to be very lacking.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that Sony won't be at E3 2019. Nintendo can try to get Sony's space to setup the "World of Metroid Prime 4"- an experience relatable to Botw, but better.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
2017 was great, no question there. 2018 is hardly the standard I would like to come to expect, I personally found it to be very lacking.

It was lacking, I'm with you on this mate. Even the original content such as Kirby, Ace and SMP where sub-par in terms of content or quality. And if like me you do not like smash or Pokemon, Nintendo really didn't have much this year. Next year looks better so far, but not nearly as good as 2017.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a difference between forum/internet hype and actual sales. From a business perspective, next year should be gangbusters for Nintendo just based on what we know now. From a fan perspective, I can understand if nothing confirmed for next year has you hyped (yet).

I am actually looking forward to 2019 a lot. Even if Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4 don't make it, it looks like a very good lineup already. My only concern is that Pokémon Gen 8 isn't as much of a step forward as one would expect on console-level hardware. Something on the level of Dragon Quest XI should be the minimum.

Nov 3, 2017
Now that Sony won't be at E3 2019. Nintendo can try to get Sony's space to setup the "World of Metroid Prime 4"- an experience relatable to Botw, but better.

Oh my god, I never even considered that the space Sony occupied is up for grabs. Now I'm really excited for E3 2019 in hopes that Nintendo or Microsoft creates something cool with that extra space.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so freaking excited for Retro's game in 2019. The games that haven't been confirmed or seen for 2019 are very exciting like Retro's game or a possible Pikmin 4 or a possible 2D Zelda game.

I'm sure all the Animal Crossing fans can't wait to see the first footage of it.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
2019 forecast
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Luigi's Mansion 3
NSMBUD
Pokemon
Shin Megami Tensei
Yoshi's Crafted World

TBC
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4

Granted, I'm not sticking to just first party games, but on the exclusives front this is stellar.

They will still have a few unannounced 2019 releases (as Reggie confirmed, yes, but I don't take what he says seriously unless he writes it in crayons), so next year is looking pretty air-tight for my tastes. The Square and Capcom legacy releases are the icing on the cake - when FF7 is in my hands I will no longer know the distinction between ecstasy and having a stroke.
SMTV isn't confirmed 2019.
I expect a Q4 2020 release date tbh

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2019 forecast
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Luigi's Mansion 3
NSMBUD
Pokemon
Shin Megami Tensei
Yoshi's Crafted World

TBC
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4

Town is a 2019 game from Game Freak.

But yeah the Final Fantasy games coming to Switch are huge for me. I'm buying all of them. Finally real FF is back on a Nintendo system. I'm very ecstatic for them. 2019 is just crazy good for me from what we know and don't know.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if F-Zero comes out next year.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh my god, I never even considered that the space Sony occupied is up for grabs. Now I'm really excited for E3 2019 in hopes that Nintendo or Microsoft creates something cool with that extra space.
What a huge waste of money. Remember that space costs money and isn't just "eh, wanna put your chairs over here?" Neither MS nor Nintendo will randomly expand their space to double the size or whatever this late in the game. Mostly because why on earth would they? It does nothing for anyone. You'll maybe see the ESA split the space up into smaller booth chunks for those mid-/baby-sized exhibitors.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still maintain that Nintendo should implement something like Breath of the Wild's physics/chemistry system into Metroid Prime 4. The original trilogy already drew a lot from immersive sims, going further in that direction is only natural, especially since they now have the means to implement them in a satisfying way. Not to mention that it would encourage the same type of experimentation as we've seen in BotW.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I still maintain that Nintendo should implement something like Breath of the Wild's physics/chemistry system into Metroid Prime 4. The original trilogy already drew a lot from immersive sims, going further in that direction is only natural, especially since they now have the means to implement them in a satisfying way. Not to mention that it would encourage the same type of experimentation as we've seen in BotW.
I think you're essentially asking for Prey.

2V7V.gif

RigidOilyHawaiianmonkseal-size_restricted.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F383829%2F2e1aa1a5-35e4-45a5-840f-0aebb78a1b0d.gif

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
If there is a direct this week it's probably on Wednesday. I can see them announcing a switch port of ocarina of time that day

Damiani of Easy Allies has speculated about a Switch version for a while now.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Intel still insists there is going to be a second direct. I wouldn't count it out just yet. So far they have not been wrong about the direct announcements.

I am not saying the port drops this week.
If there's another Direct I can only see it happening the last week of November aka next week. In the past Nintendo has only done directs in the first half of November or the last week of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.