• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Rookie ass move having all the leaks done off of one Twitter account too, and make it very clear where you can get to them

Play dumb games
Win dumb prizes

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i am starting to think that however sabi got their information is not the most legal of ways.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If true (IF), then Nate nailed it when he said Sabi was being too reckless.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
cgT44IX.gif
Lololol

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I love a bunch of people, myself included, thought they were full of shit and almost everything they tweeted so far has happened lol

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just remember, that cute ninty you all love is actually a vicious monster that will fuck you up without regard. Important factoid to keep in the back of your mind when dealing with these companies, that are in fact full of awful assholes.
That's a really weird take considering this situation lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God.

We're incredibly close to the real deal anyway, and Sabi's attitude has been insufferably self-aggrandizing throughout the past couple of days.

Now I can continue uninterrupted as I partake in my annual tradition of overhyping myself and ending up bitterly disappointed.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They called a TON of stuff revealed today, Sabi has been reliable in the past as well.
It's a ploy. Everything this account was posting was just regurgitated leaks from other sources. This Sabi account itself tried to play off all leaks as their own and when that info dried up for today , they're protecting themselves from getting any "leaks" wrong regarding Nintendo pretending they aren't allowed to post anymore. They could leak on burner accounts all they want. Anonymous on chan. Whatever they want if they really knew info and wanted to dump it. However now they gained a bunch of internet cred and followers which was their goal. Don't fail for it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the info is illegally obtained I don't think Nintendo has a leg to stand on.

Let us just leak it and be legends.

A lot times the goal is to just make the person think legal action can be taken against them. They're banking on Sabi not getting a legal expert to get into legal nitty gritty, especially in just 1.5 days.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Could have been a smart ass & said something like "when i saw the cease & desist, i choked up & made a "guh huh" sound"
I just wanna know if Banjo is in.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Like what. Come on. Details lol.
Read through their Twitter feed (unless they deleted everything; haven't checked).

Everything they said about the Bethesda conference was correct, and they got details from Microsoft correct too (like Reeves in Cyberpunk and info about Project Scarlett).

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to know if Animal Crossing is getting a delay or not so I could have an extra day or so to prepare myself

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if Nintendo sent a C&D then that probably means Sabi is involved in some sort of NDA regarding to how she's getting her info.

Not necessarily. I received a C&D from Activision (via physical mail) for a post on GAF and I do not work in the videogame or any related industry -- certainly not party to any NDA

Post was just animated form of some previously released concept art but taken from the vidoc that was uploaded early

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember, that cute ninty you all love is actually a vicious monster that will fuck you up without regard. Important factoid to keep in the back of your mind when dealing with these companies, that are in fact full of awful assholes.
What does that have to do with this lol

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
That's my question too, I don't remember seeing crazy Nintendo rumors recently. At least not Animal Crossing stuff :/
She hasn't leaked any Nintendo stuff but a lot of stuff at the various conferences that have occurred so far (Tales of Arise, Elden Rings, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, and various SquareEnix games which are yet to be confirmed).

She's also said that she'll leak the entire Nintendo Direct once she's got the details so I think Nintendo's taking action for that.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
companies, especially ones like Nintendo, aren't in the business of calling up their lawyers on retainer and spending this kind of money on a Sunday to blast a random twitter person.

It's either fabricated bs, or they accessed something that could potentially be considered illegal, or they are breaking some kind of contract. Its not like this twitter person was big enough at all. Its also not Nintendo's mo to go after this nonsense like this.

Like this wouldn't be worth the cost of the lawyer to deal with.

Regardless of the validity of their leaks or not, this is just dumb, and to blindly believe it is silly. It seems more so like plausible deniability to not have actual information, can't leak shit you aint got.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
let someone sit outside your back door at night with a pair of binoculars then

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily. I received a C&D from Activision (via physical mail) for a post on GAF and I do not work in the videogame or any related industry -- certainly not party to any NDA

Post was just animated form of some previously released concept art but taken from the vidoc that was uploaded early
How did they get your address from a post in 4chan? Lol

Also, as others have said, as long as you are not under NDA, it's legit reporting thus unenforceable.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't this person now just pass their info onto someone else? Make a 2nd Twitter account and leak there?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
companies, especially ones like Nintendo, aren't in the business of calling up their lawyers on retainer and spending this kind of money on a Sunday to blast a random twitter person.

It's either fabricated bs, or they accessed something that could potentially be considered illegal, or they are breaking some kind of contract. Its not like this twitter person was big enough at all. Its also not Nintendo's mo to go after this nonsense like this.

Like this wouldn't be worth the cost of the lawyer to deal with.

Regardless of the validity of their leaks or not, this is just dumb, and to blindly believe it is silly. It seems more so like plausible deniability to not have actual information, can't leak shit you aint got.

Companies use C&Ds as a bluff all the time. They are meant to scare people without actually having to file anything in a court.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised given how loose she was about everything, if you're going to do this you gotta cover your ass or you'll either get someone in trouble or just lose your sources

Oct 25, 2017
It's a ploy. Everything this account was posting was just regurgitated leaks from other sources. This Sabi account itself tried to play off all leaks as their own and when that info dried up for today , they're protecting themselves from getting any "leaks" wrong regarding Nintendo pretending they aren't allowed to post anymore. They could leak on burner accounts all they want. Anonymous on chan. Whatever they want if they really knew info and wanted to dump it. However now they gained a bunch of internet cred and followers which was their goal. Don't fail for it.

Going to need to see some receipts on this. A few default profile pic twitter accounts were saying this too but they said they had proof they were on it before other people.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there was hacking involved, some people here are too naive or just arent paying attention to her twitter account

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If you take what's posted there for face value, I would generally assume the leaker got their info through dubious means.

If you think there is baloney there, then they likely just ran out of info.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Companies use C&Ds as a bluff all the time. They are meant to scare people without actually having to file anything in a court.
Right, sure, but not on a Sunday and not for BS. Like I said, unless they accessed something they shouldn't using ill gotten means, or broke a contract, the cost of the lawyer on weekend hours is too much.

That being said, I could be convinced if the leak they had could materially damage or affect Nintendo's shares. I could be talked in to that. I could see a company thinking hey that could have an impact on shareholders either way and then the costs are mitigated.

And Nintendo is an easy scapegoat to use, them, EA and Activision always seem like the big bads, so you can use any of them as an excuse and people just assume it is true. We should always be more skeptical of these things.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Sheesh, they aren't called ninjas for nothing. Assuming she didn't gain the information illicitly, I don't think she has the means or resources to fight Nintendo on this one, even if she's in the right.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I'm not buying it. She might just be using this C&D as an escape goat because she can't deliver on the Nintendo leaks as she promised.