• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You should play _________ on NSO NES.

• Rygar

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Vice Project Doom

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Shadow of the Ninja

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Double Dragon II

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • River City Ransom

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Double Dragon

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
man, i'd love to play the SNES SMT:if with a new translation, but that'd be a lot of work just for a NSO release

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
2iiyjz.jpg

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
nintendo finding a way to make the games with gold lineup look outstanding

getting the license for e.g. super mario rpg costs money, can't do that. also remember the first fire emblem that was discontinued, no reason to add it when japan has it right?
i feel like this is just providing negative pr at this point, they should stop uploading videos even if they do add games

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is just pathetic. PS and Xbox get a bunch of new games every single month and us Nintendo fans have to beg for a measly three games every 3-4 months and they can't even give us what people have been asking for. Like this line up is beyond pathetic.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, I guess this is the Body Horror update.

I usually find a silver lining in these, but oof. Surely they could have grabbed something else from the various possible games for this service. Even something goofy like Drakkhen would have been nice.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually fine w/ trying out these weird games I've never heard of before... just hoping they're at least decent (I had some fun w/ Psycho Dream from awhile back)

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel (At least for the US stuff)

I guess it's too much to ask for something like Illusion of Gaia or even Soul Blazer to get a release. Nevermind Hagane or even Lufia or Lufia II.

Would even something like SNES Gradius or any of the Parodius titles be too much?

Or even TopGear or TopGear 2000

No idea who owns Top Gear nowadays but the other titles there are all owned by Square-Enix and Konami and they're probably saving those for some sort of collection that can be bought separately.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I guess it's a good thing they've killed any and all interest enough that I don't even get 'angry' anymore at these updates. I'm just that empty to it now that they don't even register.

Saves the disappointment feeling? *shrugs*

It started last year with the re-sign 'anniversary' when we were expecting/hoping for a new system (even GB!) added and got nothing instead. It's like, oh ok thats how its gonna be.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Huh, I guess this is the Body Horror update.

I usually find a silver lining in these, but oof. Surely they could have grabbed something else from the various possible games for this service. Even something goofy like Drakkhen would have been nice.

Claymates is way better then Drakkhen.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I've been pretty appreciative of the weird deep cuts we get on this service because I don't need Earthbound on every system I own. But they might have gone too far here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
guess the next OCEAN NSO game

im betting on Dennis the Menace, unless that's trapped in some film-game license hell

DennistheMenaceU014.png

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Nintendo fan but this is just so bad compared to what Sony and Microsoft have to offer :/

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I got an email about my automated sub renewing in August. I don't think so Nintendo.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, can't believe Super Mario RPG is being left off the service so it can get a remake.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind these more off-beat choices, but not when they're the ONLY choices.

How is Super Mario RPG & Earthbound (and Beginnings) still not on here? I get compilations take away chances of games like Mega Man X & S-E would rather resell each FF individually, but come on.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta wonder what the thought process is behind going out of their way to get the rights for this shit no one's heard of over just putting Nintendo games people actually want like DKC2 and Earthbound.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
This service is such a joke, but people keep paying for it so... who can even blame Nintendo at this point?

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Not really anything that can be done, besides some Mahjong games and Earthbound Nintendo has nothing left, and the big publishers from the 80's and 90's Capcom, Konami, Hudson, Square, and Enix know they can make more money with their own compilations.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That makes Japanese NSO have SMT I, II, and if... now. I wish we could have those officially in English.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I gotta wonder what the thought process is behind going out of their way to get the rights for this shit no one's heard of over just putting Nintendo games people actually want like DKC2 and Earthbound.

DKC2 is on the service, and Earthbound technically isn't a game they can just release whenever they want like Super Mario RPG.

Oct 26, 2017
I always misread Jelly Boy as Game Freak's Jerry Boy, which is called Smart Ball in the west. Will Sony ever allow it? They should if it's under Sony Music Japan and not Sony Interactive Entertainment. Game Freak would work with the former on Click-Medic on PS1.