• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Is Nook Miles basically the achievement system? I feel like they patched this sort of thing into New Leaf and I was hoping they'd bring it into the new game from the jump. A good way to add tiny goals to such an open ended game.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think these animal crossing changes look very substantial. I've been waiting for this new game for so long! I'm also glad they seem to have kept the same general vibe.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
They need to speed up gameplay in this. New Leaf is hampered by so many dated design choices (walking into the store and exiting being forced to listen to the shop keeper).
I'd kinda hoped they'd be able to just flat out ditch loading screens and transitions at this point (visiting other towns an exception of course).

Game looks really pretty though.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Did you not see the flipping over the rivers? That's going to take off at least like 10 seconds of finding the bridge! ;)
I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a prompt
"OH! I see you want to jump the river, is that right?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No or Not Sure*
*Select Yes*
"I see you've chosen yes! Are you ready to jump?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No"
"Here we go! 3...2...1...JUMP!"
Then the animation.
Upon landing:
"Wow you did it! Would you like to jump back?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No*

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Nice that you can get the different wood types without chopping down the tree fully.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Same system Co Op? Holy shit. I am so glad this is back on a console.....this is the type of gameplay I was hoping for in the Gamecube version!

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a prompt
"OH! I see you want to jump the river, is that right?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No or Not Sure*
*Select Yes*
"I see you've chosen yes! Are you ready to jump?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No"
"Here we go! 3...2...1...JUMP!"
Then the animation.
Upon landing:
"Wow you did it! Would you like to jump back?"
*Dialogue Box: Yes or No*

I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. You're going to need to get the short stick first, which will let you jump 1 river a day. You'll need to get the long stick at hour 15, found after it washes upon the shore, to be able to jump back.

I love Animal Crossing, I really do.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck.

I wasn't really interested in it. What they've shown so far, including local co-op, basically means that I have to get it.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm.. they mentioned this person have a house on the same island as them. Multiple islands confirmed?

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. You're going to need to get the short stick first, which will let you jump 1 river a day. You'll need to get the long stick at hour 15, found after it washes upon the shore, to be able to jump back.

I love Animal Crossing, I really do.
I knew I forgot something. Thanks for clarifying.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So Nintendo have nothing huge in store for December right?

August : Astral Chain
September : Link Awakening
October : (hopefully luigi mansion 3)
November : Pokemon
December : ???

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Squid researcher smiling and toting an axe. Is this Animal Crossing... or Dead By Daylight?

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
This seems like such a huge departure from previous Animal Crossing games. I really hope they let us just chill in a village like past titles

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
So Nintendo have nothing huge in store for December right?

August : Astral Chain
September : Link Awakening
October : (hopefully luigi mansion 3)
November : Pokemon
December : ???

Luigi will probably be December. It'll actually probably be 2020. Lol. It was too vague of a release to be October, I feel.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
That map is TINY. Goddamn.

Please tell me we can have huge islands. I don't want like a four screen Island.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like such a huge departure from previous Animal Crossing games. I really hope they let us just chill in a village like past titles

I bet the progression mechanics are you literally building the village.

People (myself included) would restart the game multiple times to get a randomly generated town layout they liked. Instead, I bet this game lets you place buildings wherever you want.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
I'm calling it right now, AC is going to come close to pushing 20 million copies sold.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People were originally against the crafting when it was first shown, but I'm really digging the added detail it adds to the world and how items can interweave to create better things.