• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
How important is familarity on a weapon? If I find a better weapon with better stats but no familarity should I then switch to that, or keep using the one with more familarity?

Don't focus on it early or mid game whatsoever. Always be looking to upgrade your weapons as soon as. Soul matching at this point of the game is pointless and besides costs way too much. I'd even argue your entire full first play through is pointless, like Shanaynay said above - wait for NG+

Eterno

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I've been having fun with this so far but the second region is starting to show some patterns that really annoy me. I don't remember Nioh having so many stupid jump scares attack. Sometimes I feel this is Resident Evil. It'd be fine if they didn't drop on you and take 75% of your like, aka instant death if you're not full. Simply not fun and it feels very unfair. Sure I could always look up, down in the bushes but that's even more of a bother. And then the difficulty is starting to be more and more "let's throw as many Yokai as possible in the smallest, camera friendly place" kinda thing. I hope it's just a bad pacing in this second region and it doesn't keep on because it's hurting my enjoyment of the game for sure.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having fun with this so far but the second region is starting to show some patterns that really annoy me. I don't remember Nioh having so many stupid jump scares attack. Sometimes I feel this is Resident Evil. It'd be fine if they didn't drop on you and take 75% of your like, aka instant death if you're not full. Simply not fun and it feels very unfair. Sure I could always look up, down in the bushes but that's even more of a bother. And then the difficulty is starting to be more and more "let's throw as many Yokai as possible in the smallest, camera friendly place" kinda thing. I hope it's just a bad pacing in this second region and it doesn't keep on because it's hurting my enjoyment of the game for sure.
The worst fights in this game are when fighting yokai with fast and wide swinging animations in the tightest of spaces. 100% cheap.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this so far, even if it's suuuuper iterative on the first game. I will say that so far the bosses in the second region are much easier than the ones in the first region. That damn snake is the only boss that's taken me more than an hour so far.

Damn, hype for second region deflated. I also thought snake boss was most challenging encounter so far. I have only bunch of side missions and one twilight mission before moving to second region.

Jehuti

Oct 29, 2017
You can't summon a visitor if the visitor hasn't beaten the mission, right?

Really not a fan of how limiting the two coop modes are.
Its actually not limiting at all. The coop is done brilliantly in my opinion. You can summon a visitor so long as they have the same mission unlocked as you do, regardless of its completion status.

Make a Room, set a condition, set a mission & go!

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Its actually not limiting at all. The coop is done brilliantly in my opinion. You can summon a visitor so long as they have the same mission unlocked as you do, regardless of its completion status.

No, summoning a visitor requires the visitor to have cleared the mission, doing expeditions is the one where you make a room and then can progress together.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love the Nioh franchise boy does it make me weep for the Ninja Gaiden sequel we never got.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Stop calling me Hiddy you weirdo. Yes, I know who I am supposed to be but doesn't make it better.

arit

Oct 29, 2017
Whenever there is a chance to drop down onto a yokai enemy, I wonder if it is just a malicious trap and the enemy will not be staggered and just pummel me to death.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever there is a chance to drop down onto a yokai enemy, I wonder if it is just a malicious trap and the enemy will not be staggered and just pummel me to death.

I do wish they added a special plunging attack animation like Dark Souls has for when you land on an enemy's head. It's so easy to just bonk into the ground right next to an enemy and get killed instantly when they counter right now.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
For anyone using tonfas, apply the (add element to active skill) perk on pulverise. You can get it from the shiftling tree. Combined with the Monkey spirit, which adds purification to strong attacks it makes for easy confusion/discord to yokai. Or just use a water talisman beforehand or something. Medium stance, strong attack combo into pulverise is insta discord for pretty much anything.

Everything is stunlocked.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I know Nioh gets easier as time goes on, but maaaaan how on earth is everything in the mid-game such a cake walk compared to the damn Snake boss? Team Ninja you dicks lol

I'm stuck there right now, glad to hear that it's a tough part for some.

And kudos to those beating the snake first time, no fucking joke right there

Kokonaute

Jan 23, 2019
France
Ok I think I'm done with the snake boss. I've done it 20 times by being summoned but the smithing text for the Shrine Maiden set doesn't drop. I'm worried that if I do it too much I will be overleveled (maybe I already am...). It was fun to repeat this boss so many time, I know all its moves now. I've also see some bad things from people I played with like players that don't use yokai counter at all or others who hide in a corner in the boss room and let the summoned players do all the job alone.

Oct 25, 2017

That's the expedition's though right? If you fail at the boss, you have to start over.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the game so far, I'm at the boss of second main mission (I need to find last Kodama and explore few other areas before attempting it again). Maybe I am doing it wrong, but sometimes burst counters don't seem to register even though it does in other times (timing is pretty much same). Has this been issue to anyone else?

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Loving the game so far, I'm at the boss of second main mission (I need to find last Kodama and explore few other areas before attempting it again). Maybe I am doing it wrong, but sometimes burst counters don't seem to register even though it does in other times (timing is pretty much same). Has this been issue to anyone else?

Do you have enough anima to perform them? (Purple bar below ki)

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the skills that said "effects certain active skills" was better explained.

Edit: Oh wait you need to apply those per skill in the customize skill menu after getting them.

Last edited:

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
In chapter 2, Okehazama now and I am having serious deja vu. Wasn't there a very similar location in Nioh 1? The caves, the ridges, there is even a stupid Tengu patrolling the area.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I wish the skills that said "effects certain active skills" was better explained.

Edit: Oh wait you need to apply those per skill in the customize skill menu after getting them.

yeah, it's not properly explained. Very confusing. And you can only apply an effect to one skill as well.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
I just discovered that I haven't spent any of the Agyo or Ungyo points that I've accumulated through the whole game...

I forgot that was a thing.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The ambushes are really annoying yeah. There's been a couple of ceiling drops that are literally impossible to avoid if you don't know they're there (I've gone back and checked because they piss me off). No environmental scuff marks or alternate routes you can luck into to figure them out beforehand (which would still be dumb design, but at least something).

A snake that drops out of the ceiling in the first main mission of the second area, pretty close to the lightning bit before the boss, is just so ?????

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The ambushes are really annoying yeah. There's been a couple of ceiling drops that are literally impossible to avoid if you don't know they're there (I've gone back and checked because they piss me off). No environmental scuff marks or alternate routes you can luck into to figure them out beforehand (which would still be dumb design, but at least something).

A snake that drops out of the ceiling in the first main mission of the second area, pretty close to the lightning bit before the boss, is just so ?????

Check the red graves, they're always the first hint that there is an ambush waiting.

Check what killed them, it would say something like "Death by Yoki" or "Crushed"

Those with red names are npcs left by the devs as clues.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Check the red graves, they're always the first hint that there is an ambush waiting.

Check what killed them, it would say something like "Death by Yoki" or "Crushed"

Yup, i walk into seemingly deserted area and find it littered with red graves I start checking my blinds...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I know. That one I singled out jumps you if you check the dev grave.

It kind of sounds like I'm salty about the difficulty in my original comment, but I'm having zero issue there (I'm in the third hub area and don't think I've died more than 4 or 5 times in any one mission). There's just some inexplicably designed bits every so often that don't make any sense.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Question- are the human boss' guardian spirit burst attacks counterable? It doesn't seem to be the case but I'm not sure if I'm just not getting the timing right

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying this so far, even if it's suuuuper iterative on the first game. I will say that so far the bosses in the second region are much easier than the ones in the first region. That damn snake is the only boss that's taken me more than an hour so far.

it's because in the beginning your character is low level and your gear is worse

it took me 40 tries on the first stage

only took me 5 tries to beat the next boss when you get the blacksmith

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Where can i get the Nioh 2 theme? I did buy it at launch, and it said that everyone who bought it before 27th March or something got the pre-order bonuses.