Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Do you guys think that it's "necessary" to play this while connected online 24/7 to get the full "experience"? Similar to how player notes, co-op, invasions are a musty kinda thing to enjoy Souls games (for me at least)? Or is it okay to play Nioh while being completely offline?

It's not necessary, but you'd be missing out on a ton of good loot you could be getting by summoning revenants (the souls of other players that have died).

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Can you share a screenshot for the setting options?
Base_Profile_Screenshot_2017.png

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm not sure if I should double dip. I already have the game and season pass on PS4

If the PC version doesn't have an unlocked frame-rate, I'll stick with the PS4.

As far as graphics go, Nioh is ugly as hell. A res boost to 1440p ain't gonna fix the art design of those levels.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
I was considering double dipping but think i'll pass. Outside of the higher resolution there doesn't seem to be a big difference (if any) over the game I played on PS4 Pro. It was already pretty much locked 60fps.

Also, I have the last two DLCs still to do and really don't fancy playing through 50 hours again to reach it on PC. It's a long game.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
It records and saves your highlights automatically, and if it's anything like PUBG it'll be stuff like (successful) boss fights, deaths etc.
I wonder if this is only Nvidia feature that will be present in Nioh, looks completely unnecessary..
Also wondering about Rendering Resolution option, what it do?

niohvksw5.png

Deleted member 10675

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
Performance wise looks like a solid work, 40-60fps at 4K with a 1080Ti is consistent with PS4 running the game at 720p for achieving that framerate.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just think that TotalBiscuit is specially hard on ports. Let's wait for more opinions.

I think that is unreasonable to expect dozens of PC options and a better optimization than the PS4 version. The best we can expect from Koei is a decent port.

Why would you even want to use a mouse in a soulslike game

I know some PvPers uses mouse in Soulslike games. Joke is on you.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn sucks there is no 21 9 support.

I'm about halfway in the Ps4 version and was just gonna restart it on PC if it supported ultrawide. Maybe some of the modders can do something about this.

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. When you die or beat a boss or find something, it gets recorded.

Nope. It doesn't even see the Xbox One controller. It just shows the Steam controller.

Interesting. So, at this point the port isn't compatible with Xbox controllers? I'm thinking it's gotta be a bug, but with KT who knows.

Performance wise looks like a solid work, 40-60fps at 4K with a 1080Ti is consistent with PS4 running the game at 720p for achieving that framerate.

I suppose performance is acceptable. The problem is KT ports don't usually support arbitrary/custom resolutions between 1440p and 4K. By the looks of it, a 1080ti could probably handle 3200x1800p 60fps quite comfortably, but that resolution won't be an option unless someone mods it in. 3200x1800p looks great on 4K displays, but 1440p is a lot softer and I'd rather avoid it.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Interesting. So, at this point the port isn't compatible with Xbox controllers? I'm thinking it's gotta be a bug, but with KT who knows.

I suppose performance is acceptable. The problem is KT ports don't usually support arbitrary/custom resolutions between 1440p and 4K. By the looks of it, a 1080ti could probably handle 3200x1800p 60fps quite comfortably, but that resolution won't be an option unless someone mods it in. 3200x1800p looks great on 4K displays, but 1440p is a lot softer and I'd rather avoid it.

No, it sees the controller, it just doesn't pop up, like when you remap the buttons. I also noticed a bug that drops the controller for a few seconds. It randomly
happens.

As for 1440p@60. I'm now able to play it the rez with better framerates when dropping motion blur, dynamic reflections, and AO.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=fzQCrBQ_k4I

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is only Nvidia feature that will be present in Nioh, looks completely unnecessary..
Also wondering about Rendering Resolution option, what it do?

[image removed]

There are posts on the Steam forums discussing how rendering resolution is limited to 1080p or 4K, with screen resolution being your display resolution. If that's the case it's certainly worse than I thought possible. :P

Oct 25, 2017
GIMME GIMME GIMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

literally can't believe this is coming out on PC - so spoiled on PC this gen [well, sort of spoiled].

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
The game ran at 720p, even lower on base PS4 to maintain 60fps.
With the level of my PC I'm generally content with just matching base PS4 performance anyway so I hope I can. I just hate how unreliable minimum spec listings tend to be as they rarely say for what performance and resolution minimum even means. And its a KT port so who knows.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10675

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
It's pretty stable 60fps on base PS4 not variable 40-60fps like you are facing which is far worse
True, but is also moving 9 times more pixels than PS4 being just ~8 times more powerfull in terms of TFLOPs, so still looks like a solid job. And we don't even know if PS4 base is using the same or worse assets/effects that the ones available on PC.

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you even want to use a mouse in a soulslike game

Because these games control good with mouse and keyboard, especially for aiming modes. Most people just think of DS1's terrible m/kb support but since DS2 they have had good m/kb controls that I preferred to a gamepad. The simple fact that you can sprint around while still having full camera control instead of having to claw grip is a big advantage.

langgi

Oct 27, 2017
Southeast Asia
It does not support 21:9. All it does on my ultrawide is stretch the image and it's ugly as sin.

Ouch. That's the same case with PC version of Warriors All Stars and SW: Spirit of Sanada.

Is there any config file we can adjust outside the launcher and the in-game options? (sorry if this question's beyond what you're allowed to disclose, you don't have to answer if that's the case ^_^)