• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I was hoping to go 21:9 on my 4K TV to try and get a solid 60fps out of this without any scaling. Still, in at GMG, this is a cool ass game and deserves its place on PC.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Great, thanks. Now I only hope my GT 770 can handle a low-medium setting. They are asking for a 780 minimum. My i7-4770 is probably way out of date as well. Crazy how fast computer technology improves. I wonder if I can put a 1070 or 7700 on my current mobo Z87X-UD3H

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Will be waiting for a deep discount as I will no doubt rage quit after a few hours. That might change if the PC port is amazing... lol

System2

Oct 27, 2017
California
Could someone who has played the co-op on ps4 with patch 1.14 and above explain how the Yokai Realm co-op w/ friends works? I know before the patch you had to have one person beat the level first, so now with the patch you can run it w/o beating it at all and you share a life gauge so I had some questions. 1. Does the enemies get stronger in this version of co-op? 2. Do you have to rerun the mission twice, once per person ala dark souls co-op or only once together to progress to the next mission? Thanks!

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I was really looking forward to this coming out on PC so I could enjoy it but after one of the interviews in which they said there would be no 21:9 support I'm not on the train anymore :(

Hopefully it's a good port and someone can fix it to support 21:9 and other resolutions because black bars is a nono.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Great, thanks. Now I only hope my GT 770 can handle a low-medium setting. They are asking for a 780 minimum. My i7-4770 is probably way out of date as well. Crazy how fast computer technology improves. I wonder if I can put a 1070 or 7700 on my current mobo Z87X-UD3H
Theres really no need to update your cpu, unless you have a 1080 or faster gpu and you are playing on 1080p 144hz monitor 7700 would basically give you nothing. 770 tho could use an upgrade, Kepler cards havent really aged well... and yes you can put any new gpu in your motherboard

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope you pcfriends enjoy it! It's a fun but flawed gem in my eyes. The focus on higher difficulties requiring immense amounts of time grinding for better gear is a bit much even for me, but the first play through and initial ng+ are both very enjoyable.

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
Onimusha 3 meets Devil May Cry. I doubt my hands will stand up to the punishment these days but will definitively buy as it hits the right notes for me.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I was really looking forward to this coming out on PC so I could enjoy it but after one of the interviews in which they said there would be no 21:9 support I'm not on the train anymore :(

Hopefully it's a good port and someone can fix it to support 21:9 and other resolutions because black bars is a nono.
This is honestly why I don't have a 21:9 monitor lol

I would want everything to support my awesome hardware and miss out on good stuff because it doesn't. As you said black bars are just straight nah.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica

I would want everything to support my awesome hardware and miss out on good stuff because it doesn't. As you said black bars are just straight nah.
Funny thing about that is how surprised I was over older games and how they support it. Most of the new games does too and even some of this company's previous surely does too, but with that said it's unfortunate they decided not to include it because with all these other great games that support it and look amazing, and me already missing out on the console version, it's more their loss than mine as my money go elsewhere, money they otherwise would've had.

How difficult it is for them to implement 21:9 I don't know, but supporting that among other resolutions only serve to future proof your game so why would you not, right?

After all it's surely an increasing market with the price not being as steep as it used to be with gsync/freesync monitors that's ultrawide making their way into market more and more.

It's hard to go back to 16:9 after being used to this. It adds so much to the games.

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/926257231007502336

DNq5txfXUAAGKvN.jpg

Nioh Complete Edition is coming to the PS4 as well next week, at least digitally.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Why would you even want to use a mouse in a soulslike game
I beat all three Dark Souls games with a mouse and keyboard and had a better time than Demon's Souls with controller, fight me.

Edit: While I don't feel super bothered by this because I have a controller now, it's still in very poor form to show up on PC without even trying to have basic mouse controls. Watch someone mod mouse controls into the game within the first week.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
This was already looking like a bad port, but how do you not include mouse support?!
Not even bad mouse support like NieR:Automata, Vanquish, and Rez had, but no mouse support at all?!

I don't know how anyone here can defend that.
It's like releasing a console game without any controller support, forcing you to play with a keyboard & mouse.
A 34" ultrawide is has the same size image as a 27" monitor in 16:9, so you don't lose anything compared to other gaming monitors.
However developers are losing out because I won't pay full price for a game which doesn't support it.
It shouldn't even be a difficult thing for developers to support in a 3D game, since you can often hex-edit a file to force them to display in ultrawide.
But apparently Koei-Tecmo are having difficulty supporting arbitrary resolutions, so it should not be a surprise that they don't support arbitrary aspect ratios.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is epic, one of the best of this year. Hopefully announce the second part soon

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
Couldn't care less about keyboard / mouse controls to be honest. As long as I'll be getting stable 60 FPS on my GTX 1070 I'm satisfied.

Oct 27, 2017
Capped, 30 or 60fps.
This is the classic TK port, minimum effort.

In the in-game options there are two framerate options, either 30 or 60. Don't know if you can uncap the framerate by editing ini files though.

Thanks, guys.

I have to be honest: my interest in this game has been greatly diminished. I don't need to make the compromise to achieve greater resolutions. I will never take resolution over framerate, so locking me out of uncapped framerates doesn't sit very well with me. I can understand that certain games tie their animations to the framerate, but this one doesn't seem to be the case.

I think I'll wait and see how the port turns out before buying it.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
No KB/M support is actually bullshit for a PC port.

They looked like they made some effort on the port this time, but this is one step forward, two step back. It'll be bombarded with negative reviews if they release it at such state.

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh in action mode on PS4 is hideous.

I will be done Odyssey earlier than I thought so I might be picking up Nioh PC earlier than I thought. Mad fucking excited

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.

Definitely gonna wait for the usual PC performance thread. If I can't run this at 1440p@60 with my rig I can't justify double-dipping when I already have the DLC on PS4.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's technically & visually a subpar game, was a bit of a laughing stock pre-launch. But once you play it...
At least on PS4 Pro the 60fps mode is 1080p (720p on base...).
It still ends up being an ugly game with dynamic resolution drops. But it's a fun game for most of the main story so it's ok.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Yeah, but with comprimises
Rendering resolution: Med
Shadows: Med
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Camera Motion Blur: Off
Dynamic Reflections: Off

So, this is again, me testing/recording on a processor that's a bit long in the tooth. That said, I'll be recording some footage (4K) on a Ryzen 7 1700 (overclocked) and a GTX 1080 Ti.

Stay tuned

Hmm.

Definitely gonna wait for the usual PC performance thread. If I can't run this at 1440p@60 with my rig I can't justify double-dipping when I already have the DLC on PS4.

What are your PC specs? I still have to test this on my mid-range PC (Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060).