• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy numbers. Is this Team Ninja's best selling game ever or did DOA5 do more before going f2p?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. New IPs with these production values take a gamble and I'm happy it's paying off. I think the game has its share of flaws and balancing issues but in spite of these it was a fantastic game. Hopefully this means we can look forward to a sequel.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
So glad.

Despite the issues with enemy variety, Nioh is a fantastic game.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is that good? Considering the cost of making AAA games this gen and the amount of marketing would that be enough to make a profit?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They really nailed the combat, hope there's a sequel where they can improve level design. IP has a lot of potential.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
Thats great! Now invest that in Nioh 2 but this time without all that recycling(enemies,bosses,areas). Game really fell apart 3-4 areas in imo. The combat is is great but the rest isnt up to par.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't it sell like a million copies on PS4 in the first month alone? I guess PC version didn't take off as much as I thought it would.

Still 2m is great overall.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Amazing. Really glad for Team Ninja and Sony. Congrats guys, now bring on the sequel, my wallet is ready :D

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Is that good? Considering the cost of making AAA games this gen and the amount of marketing would that be enough to make a profit?
It most definitely doesn't have the same production value of games like Final Fantasy XV, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Halo 5.
It on the the same level as Nier Automata. It would guarantee Nioh was profitable.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It really deserve way more. The game is fantastic. Best Souls clone out there.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I found them all too!

Loved this game so much. Still need to do all the DLC though.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
never understoiod what the general consensu for this game is..soem people regard it as a masterpiece on par with the souls game..other people think of it as a cheap knockoff that comes nowhere near from software's products

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
never understoiod what the general consensu for this game is..soem people regard it as a masterpiece on par with the souls game..other people think of it as a cheap knockoff that comes nowhere near from software's products

It has a better combat system than the Souls games, but worse everything else. That's what I've heard expressed the most (and I agree).

Oct 25, 2017
Recently, Windows Central senior editor Jez Corden said he heard some rumors told him that Nioh is coming to Xbox One...

There are also plenty of rumors about a Perfect Dark reboot swirling around, and more Japanese titles like Nioh and Nier Automata could be making their way to Xbox, too. Maybe Microsoft will surprise us.

If it is true, it would be interesting.

I don't think a bunch of late ports for games that don't appeal to the Xbox demographic are going to do much business.