• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad. For me one of the three best games of the generation. With these sales we have secured the second part.

Alo0oy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bahrain
One of my favorite games ever, but the sequel needs to ditch William for a character creator, or at least a less generic protagonist. Generic white guy #554 is really uninspired. Just let us create our own character.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Is that good? Considering the cost of making AAA games this gen and the amount of marketing would that be enough to make a profit?
Having played it, although it looks perfectly fine thanks to the art direction, it's clearly not a big budget game like Tomb Raider or God of War. It's on a similar level to NieR Automata. So I'd imagine the bar to make a profit is set much lower.

As much as I liked Nioh, it was no Ninja Gaiden. What I'd give for a new NG...!

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't own it. I'm waiting for it to finally go on sale on Steam. Hopefully during the summer sale it'll come down a bit and then I'll buy it.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
The game had less loot issues before people complained about the weapon durability.
You kidding right Sony supported and treated this game like a First Party title the past years prior to its release it appeared in multiple of Sony conferences like PSX and E3 and also multiple times marketed through PlayStation media everywhere constantly even after it's release etcetc, you obviously didn't follow any of that if you think Sony did not support this game.
Feel free to check on the other older forum if you think I didn't follow what Sony did (including lying on the platform exclusive bit).
They've supported it like any publisher, just definitely not as much as most of their other titles. They didn't do a good job with it in terms of promotion.
https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/kojima-death-stranding-surprise-coming-next-year-w514674

Seems I mixed it up with Kojima's statement. I still think it means something announced during 2018 though, based on the context of the question.

Team Ninja is also relatively prolific, since they co-develop a ton of the musou titles.
Fair enough.
But while Team Ninja has always collaborated on smaller titles (some musou, but definitely not a ton, fatal frame v, DOAXVV, etc), their main teams always take a lot of time when they're working on their own titles.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well deserved, great game. Haven't played the dlc yet, but I spent 90+ hours on the base game. No regrets, it was awesome.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Took a while longer than Nier or Persona 5, but I'm glad my number 2 game of last year finally cleared the 2 million milestone.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really should go back to this game.

What I didn't like about it was having to go and find Komadas in every new region that you go. Kinda felt like the game was taking away my progression after every few levels.

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
I am still bitter that they announced the PC version only half a year after the PS4 release. I would definitely have waited for that version instead of playing it on console.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Feel free to check on the other older forum if you think I didn't follow what Sony did (including lying on the platform exclusive bit).
They've supported it like any publisher, just definitely not as much as most of their other titles. They didn't do a good job with it in terms of promotion.
Nah that's bs you really need to look up everything they did for Nioh to remind yourself again since there's so much I cba linking you every single thing from many places and if you still think not then again not surprised you usually have favouritism towards other platforms that are not Sonys even if you have the console that don't change it

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nah that's bs you really need to look up everything they did for Nioh to remind yourself again since there's so much I cba linking you every single thing from many places and if you still think not then again not surprised you usually have favouritism towards other platforms that are not Sonys even if you have the console that don't change it
Do I? I'm playing on every platform and like all kind of games (check my 2017 GOTY vote in my profile for example). I loved Nioh, that's why I hoped it would have had a better treatment.
Sony announced it as an exclusive (it wasn't), then did most of its promotion through trailers on their blog, and didn't release any limited edition for it. They also didn't release the complete edition that Japan got in the West either. I wouldn't call that some impressive support from a publisher.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recently, Windows Central senior editor Jez Corden said he heard some rumors told him that Nioh is coming to Xbox One...

There are also plenty of rumors about a Perfect Dark reboot swirling around, and more Japanese titles like Nioh and Nier Automata could be making their way to Xbox, too. Maybe Microsoft will surprise us.

If it is true, it would be interesting.

Isn't it his job to put a positive spin on everything Microsoft?

As a gamer I don't trust this guys inside sources or his gaming opinion. And that's no disrespect to Jez as an individual. It's just that to me he seems to lead people down the "Wait until E3" path. Fueled by wild "I heard." type rumors. Perhaps it's because I'm at the stage with MS where they need to show me something. Everything else looks like pure smoke and mirrors act.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

They translated it to multiple languages across Europe like they do to their first party titles, that's way more than any other publisher does.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I have yet to buy Nioh, probably in the next Steam sale. How's the PC port?
There's a lack of options, but it's good otherwise. It's not something like Nier or DOA.
They translated it to multiple languages across Europe like they do to their first party titles, that's way more than any other publisher does.
Isn't that KT that did the localization though? Like they do for most of their games?

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, love the combat. Agree about it being the better "Souls" game.
While it is heavily inspired by Souls I have personally always seen Nioh as its own thing as it borrows from so many games. So I don't compare the Souls games and Nioh as I find them different enough for that to be unfair. Unlike straight clones like Lord of The Fallen which to me which fail to have its own identity.

Anyways congrats to the team, well deserved. I personally loved it and if they do a sequel I cannot wait to see how much further they clean up the messy stuff and make it even more of its own thing and polishing it up. Because what was there was a great foundation.

Last edited:

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
2013 : the game sold 3.4M in three month. It's a fail, the president resigns.
2018 : the game sold 0.9M/2M/2.5. It's a massive success ! Great for that game, he desearves it.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
2017, the year japan fought back and games that normally don't sell that well get 2 mil copies sold. Life is good. :)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that KT that did the localization though? Like they do for most of their games?

Doubt it, they don't do european portuguese on their games. I just check steam and most of their games just have at best the classic big european languages (English French German).

This is more inline with Sony first party games in Europe, they go the extra mile.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Doubt it, they don't do european portuguese on their games. I just check steam and most of their games just have at best the classic big european languages (English French German).

This is more inline with Sony first party games in Europe, they go the extra mile.
Maybe it has been Sony asking for that then yeah.
Been done by a freelance team from what I can find at least (can also be found in the credits). The localization producer is also from KT.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Best souls like, incredible game.

Best action game since probably NG2/Black for me.

Can't wait for the sequel

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think a bunch of late ports for games that don't appeal to the Xbox demographic are going to do much business.

Especially a game that has only sold 2 million to a 70+million userbase.

Remove Asia and the hardcore who didn't already buy it and I imagine you've only got a relative handful of gamers left to sell to.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PC and PS4 combined?
I'm a bit disappointed tbh. It deserves to sell way better then that.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Playing Nioh I always felt that sequel to the game could be one of the GOAT..More enemy variety, better level design and less of game breaking bs like sloth talisman. Can't freakin wait for a sequel/spiritual successor.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The loot system is fine, just have less of it. Seriously you kill a fucking foot soldier in this game and it drops a 100 loot items.

It also devalues exploration and treasure chests because of how much loot enemies drop.

The loot srop rate in Destiny for example is far more appropriate.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Really hoping this means a sequel. They have the most satisfying combat system of those types of games, just let them go wild with setting/level/enemy designs.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Did they ever fix the pc version? Had a crash after a long session and lost so much progress I never went back.