• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ, people who skip TSA and go straight NMH2 -> NMH3 will get Kingdom Hearts'd.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Q2PKeOg5_400x400.png

Suda51 also changed his twitter profile picture to this. It looks like Travis with a different hairstyle. Maybe what he could look like in NMH3 ?

The logo of NMH3 also has a back to the future font for the "III", maybe it's his son from the future ?
This series has referenced Back to the Future a few times.
Jesus christ, people who skip TSA and go straight NMH2 -> NMH3 will get Kingdom Hearts'd.
"And if you don't know who half these people are well tough shit, this is what you get for not buying the last game."

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
i hope they don't skip making a collection of 1 and 2 so people who haven't played the games can catch up.
Would be a nice announcement for Momocon but I don't think it's a priority for Grasshopper right now, especially since it seems to be full steam ahead for NMH3.

Folks jumping into NMH3 without playing TSA and GhM's back catalogue are in for a world of hurt, lmao. TSA pokes fun at the people who wrote it off as just a spin-off. While not nearly as bad, it's going to be similar to people coming into KH3 only playing 1 and 2 and skipping BBS, DDD, CoM, Ux etc.
I think if Nintendo is footing the bill for NMH3 (or at least helping), NMH1+2 on Switch will happen. It'll be announced at E3 like what happened for Bayo 2 though.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I picked up NMH: Heroe's Paradise on PS3 yesterday and I've been having so much fun with it, especially getting trophies and with the upgraded visuals. The last time I played NMH was on the Wii and it's refreshing to just sit back with a controller and play the game without waggling a Wiimote every two seconds.

I forgot how much I love this game, the style, characters and gameplay are all so solid and I think it really is Suda's best game, it just constantly makes me smile while giving me the action I desire. I can't wait to see what's in store for NMH3.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder if they'll try their hand at the whole open world thing again in NMH 3. I liked the 8-bit mini games for the jobs in NMH2 compared to the ones in the original game.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The boss theme of Silver Face is incredible. DJ Abo and DJ1 1,2 killed it. It's like a modern Samurai Champloo, which just reminded that Suda DID a Samurai Champloo game

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The boss theme of Silver Face is incredible. DJ Abo and DJ1 1,2 killed it. It's like a modern Samurai Champloo, which just reminded that Suda DID a Samurai Champloo game

I like how this is essentially a self-loathing rap. Unlike Nathan Copeland and Eight Hearts, Silver Face is just rapping about how much his life sucks and misunderstood he is rather than how cool he is.

Also holy shit I fucking missed the connection with Suda's new avatar. Travis' son is handsome. While I'm not ready for the series to go DMC5 just yet and give up Travis' "protagonist" role, I am totally down for a dad / son team up, especially if they want a slightly less belligerent lead moving onward - even if I feel it's not No More Heroes without that edge.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I like how this is essentially a self-loathing rap. Unlike Nathan Copeland and Eight Hearts, Silver Face is just rapping about how much his life sucks and misunderstood he is rather than how cool he is.

Also holy shit I fucking missed the connection with Suda's new avatar. Travis' son is handsome. While I'm not ready for the series to go DMC5 just yet and give up Travis' "protagonist" role, I am totally down for a dad / son team up, especially if they want a slightly less belligerent lead moving onward - even if I feel it's not No More Heroes without that edge.
That's a great way to put it! I have that song in repeat. I hope DJ Abo and DJ 1,2 comes back for NMH3

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017

IJsCR5O.gif

I need to stop fucking around and beat the damn game already. I got the premium version and I'm still on the second level since life happened.

QuicoGil

Dec 31, 2017
Granollers, Catalonia, Spain
I can't put into words how excited for NMH3 I am. DLC 2 of TSA was super good as well, both the Strikes Back scenario with all the build up for number 3 and Killer Marathon, which is my favorite Death Drive game now.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished DLC 2 for TSA and my hype is through the roof. It seems that Suda is really adamant about possibly making NMH3 be the biggest and most ambitious game he's directed. Really excited to see where it all goes from here.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man I missed a lot of Travis Strikes Again, seemingly.
To be fair, a lot of the NMH3 prep was basically offloaded to the back end of DLC2. Although TSA's base game does establish some really interesting plotpoints that will be a major focus in NMH3.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Got to say that TSA's soundtrack is muuuuch better than NMH2's was and I am finally now okay with Masafumi Takada (GOAT composer, that he is) not doing the music for NMH3. Then again, doesn't necessarily mean that Suda brings back the same composers of TSA for NMH3 really, does it? I mean, he might just decide to use the internal GHm composers. Yamaoka often gets miscredited for being the NMH2 composer when it was actually mainly Jun Fukuda and a load of guest composers.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
wait what mondo zappa? isnt that the guy from Killer is Dead?
Yeah, lol. You've missed out on a lot if you haven't played TSA, there's a fuckton of references to Suda's past games and it seems he's established a sort of 'Sudaverse' tying No More Heroes to all the other Kill the Past games.

latest

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, lol. You've missed out on a lot if you haven't played TSA, there's a fuckton of references to Suda's past games and it seems he's established a sort of 'Sudaverse' tying No More Heroes to all the other Kill the Past games.

latest
oh wow now I remember he was tracking the doppleganger guy huh? his art in TSA looks nothing like KiD so I blanked on he being mondo

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Why exactly? Graphics?
TSA was a budget game, so not fully representative of how it'd look. And hell, NMH1 and 2 were Wii games (in an era where games were on platforms with a bigger power gap than nowadays).
Idk, might not even really matter, it really depends on what that Switch "Pro" model ends up being.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Was avoiding this thread until after i finished the DLC2 and man whooo lots of stuff to digest. So Travis finally got dat ass eh? Poor Henry LOL. Super excited for NMH3 though. I just hope we get some gameplay at E3. Considering the ending TSA scene that seems fairly likely.

i hope they don't skip making a collection of 1 and 2 so people who haven't played the games can catch up.

I think that's like mandatory nowadays. Hope we'll get that confirmation at momcon. Probably will release sometime in the summer before NMH3 drops.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this is multiplatform? I have a Switch but would love to play this on better hardware.
If Nintendo is producing/publishing, which is highly likely, then no.

Even if they aren't, I think NMH3 is likely to stay exclusive anyway out of Suda's personal deference. He thinks of the series as a Nintendo one and wants Travis to be associated with Nintendo.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Any chance this is multiplatform? I have a Switch but would love to play this on better hardware.
Highly doubtful. NMH has generally been exclusive to Nintendo (with the exception of the PS3 remaster of NMH1). I think given the dynamics of this title and what it takes in order to make it, it's implied that Nintendo has exclusivity to some extent as they're probably doing some extensive funding for this title's production I'd assume similar to Bayonetta 2 and the upcoming Bayonetta 3.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Seen this ? Considering his relationship with Spike Chunsoft and since he is tasked with writing the sequel of Fire Pro Special in World, I think a new Syndrome game might be happening. It could tie it up with NMH3 if it's poised as the Avengers of Suda's games

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Even if they aren't, I think NMH3 is likely to stay exclusive anyway out of Suda's personal deference. He thinks of the series as a Nintendo one and wants Travis to be associated with Nintendo.
Highly doubtful. NMH has generally been exclusive to Nintendo (with the exception of the PS3 remaster of NMH1). I think given the dynamics of this title and what it takes in order to make it, it's implied that Nintendo has exclusivity to some extent as they're probably doing some extensive funding for this title's production I'd assume similar to Bayonetta 2 and the upcoming Bayonetta 3.

I kind of assumed this would be the case. I'll definitely buy it regardless. I love Suda and NMH.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Seen this ? Considering his relationship with Spike Chunsoft and since he is tasked with writing the sequel of Fire Pro Special in World, I think a new Syndrome game might be happening. It could tie it up with NMH3 if it's poised as the Avengers of Suda's games

Yeah, this is what I was talking about. I think we'll see Moonlight Syndrome very soon.

Suda did this exact thing with Silver Case and 25th Ward and a month later they got announced.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
So is there a chance that we could play as Hunter? It seems that he'll have some story significance (or it's all a ruse by Suda)

Jan 11, 2018
Just played through the DLC today. Absolutely loved Badman's story and the final scenario of Travis. I also was like WTF at Travis' family haha. The new DD game itself was ok I guess but overall not one of my favorites.

What I want to know about NMH 3 though is, how the hell is Grasshopper going to make this with only 25 people? Is Nintendo going to foot the bill and lend some development muscle? Didn't Grasshopper used to be like a 200 person studio last gen? They were pumping out AA games almost every year for a while there.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Just played through the DLC today. Absolutely loved Badman's story and the final scenario of Travis. I also was like WTF at Travis' family haha. The new DD game itself was ok I guess but overall not one of my favorites.

What I want to know about NMH 3 though is, how the hell is Grasshopper going to make this with only 25 people? Is Nintendo going to foot the bill and lend some development muscle? Didn't Grasshopper used to be like a 200 person studio last gen? They were pumping out AA games almost every year for a while there.

I feel like NMH3 is going to be a budget title almost on par with the first game, but that Nintendo is helping with the budget so they'll get a bit more help than juts their tiny team they have currently.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Finally played the DLC today. Last """"game"""" was the best one, it has the best presentation by far and the limited time mechanic works far better than anything introduced in the main game.

The story about Travis family was kind of shocking, and more references to the next game have basically confirmed it at this point. This E3 seems the best moment to announce it after confirming it in TSA, but I fear the game is not close to the release (2-3 years for sure).

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Am I going to need to play the Suda games I haven't yet for this

Need? No.

Get cool Fanservicey references if you did? Probably.

Finally played the DLC today. Last """"game"""" was the best one, it has the best presentation by far and the limited time mechanic works far better than anything introduced in the main game.

The story about Travis family was kind of shocking, and more references to the next game have basically confirmed it at this point. This E3 seems the best moment to announce it after confirming it in TSA, but I fear the game is not close to the release (2-3 years for sure).

I thought it was ok. Not the best one imo. I wasn't a fan of the time constraint and mechanics of that level. It just felt like it was intentionally creating artificial time to make the stage seem longer without any substance. I like the visual novel much more becuase it got me so hyped for what going to happen in the inevitable NMH3. I think Coffee and Donuts was my favorite stage. I enjoyed it much more with a huge bias on the awesome main soundtrack for that level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
whoo boy

momocon this month, hoping we get a small tease for what to expect with a potential NMH3 if it's really in the works

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Wow, didn't even realize but the Travis Talks Again panel with Suda at Momocon is next Saturday. Suda confirmed to Destructoid that he'll have something to announce there but I doubt it'll be the formal unveiling of NMH3. Maybe more news on the FSR remaster?

Really excited for this.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana

That's actually a pretty smart idea from a marketing standpoint. Kinda like Bayonetta. Nintendo fans are very loyal to exclusives usually and it seems Nintendo really digs picking up games with a cult following and footing the bill (Bayonetta 2 and 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3). Plus it means it's only a matter of time until Travis ends up in Smash Bros which is always a nice boost of fame.