• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? Marvelous was credited there as well, the only difference is Marvelous probably paying for the port, nothing else.
There's no "collaboration", they own the IP.

It's a big difference. TSA on NSW was self published while this port is funded and published by Marvelous. It's a collaboration in the sense that Marvelous wasn't involved in TSA on NSW apart from lending the IP.

It's an indication that they're likely the publisher of NMH3.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What do you mean? Marvelous was credited there as well, the only difference is Marvelous probably paying for the port, nothing else.
There's no "collaboration", they own the IP.
TSA too was a marvelous game on switch
Marvelous had no involvement in the creation of Travis Strikes Again beyond giving Suda the OK to make it. TSA was self-published by GhM in all territories with Nintendo distributing the physical version.

This differs from the previous NMH games as Marvelous acted as publisher in Japan for all those titles. The fact that Marvelous are involved in bringing TSA over to PS4 and Steam and actively advertising this version on their Twitter (while doing nothing of the sort for TSA Switch) means they've probably been brought on to fund and publish NMH3 as opposed to the running theory of Nintendo funding and publishing it. This could also imply that the game may be a multiplat as there's little reason to keep it exclusive to the Switch if Nintendo isn't involved.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Marvelous had no involvement in the creation of Travis Strikes Again beyond giving Suda the OK to make it. TSA was self-published by GhM in all territories with Nintendo distributing the physical version.

This differs from the previous NMH games as Marvelous acted as publisher in Japan for all those titles. The fact that Marvelous are involved in bringing TSA over to PS4 and Steam and actively advertising this version on their Twitter (while doing nothing of the sort for TSA Switch) means they've probably been brought on to fund and publish NMH3 as opposed to the running theory of Nintendo funding and publishing it. This could also imply that the game may be a multiplat as there's little reason to keep it exclusive to the Switch if Nintendo isn't involved.

Got it.
But thinking about NMH3 as esclusive would have been weird to me.
NMH has been multiplat since 2010

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really see the point of an E3 announcement this early in the game's development but ok.
I really think this E3's announcement is going to be something other than NMH3. I think Suda and Grasshopper are working on a few different projects, and NMH3 is further off. The post above about Suda working with students on student games does kinda' show this can be anything, though. XD;

Oct 26, 2017
I really think this E3's announcement is going to be something other than NMH3. I think Sufa and Grasshopper are working on a few different projects, and NMH3 is further off. The post above about Suda working with students on student games does kinda' show this can be anything, though. XD;
I hope it's something else closer to release because a NMH3 announcement would amount to little more than a logo and some empty words.
It's been awfully quiet this pre E3 season and I'm beginning to wonder if that's not indicative of a weak year..

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I really think this E3's announcement is going to be something other than NMH3. I think Sufa and Grasshopper are working on a few different projects, and NMH3 is further off. The post above about Suda working with students on student games does kinda' show this can be anything, though. XD;
My understanding of it is that Suda has always started announcing NMH with a concept video even when the game was far off so it could happen even if he has nothing to show in terms of actual development.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding of it is that Suda has always started announcing NMH with a concept video even when the game was far off so it could happen even if he has nothing to show in terms of actual development.

They already did this, though? Did you not play TSA?

I'm at the bare minimum expecting some sort of CG revealing the game's subtitle and some super basic story details.

You know what? Fair, and very well could be something like this. But again, I can't imagine NMH3 is very far in development at all so I'm not expecting too much if it is NMH3 related.

I just noticed the Travis Strikes Again shirt -_-

Oh my, that is amusing in retrospective and I'm almost certain where the name for the game came from.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Right. But what could there be to show after 6 months of work? Nothing substantial, I imagine.
Kojima Productions were able to come out with the initial Death Stranding trailer after 6 months of work. And that was 3 minutes long. I'm sure Suda and GhM can scrounge up a little 50 second teaser trailer in the vein of the one I linked above to simply confirm the game's existence first and foremost. You need to remember that a lot of people are still unaware that GhM are developing NMH3 so I could see such a thing announced at Nintendo's E3 working to not only get the word out there, but sort of initiate a recruitment drive as NMH3 will more than likely require more than the 20 or so people that worked on TSA.

Suda has already finished off the outline for NMH3 and the DLC ending to TSA has practically confirmed the direction the game will take. I'm sure they can get it done for 2021. The reveal trailer doesn't need to be huge on details as we already have a decent idea of what NMH3 will be.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to Suda announcing Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes DLC 3 for the Switch/PC/PS4.

Oct 26, 2017
Kojima Productions were able to come out with the initial Death Stranding trailer after 6 months of work. And that was 3 minutes long. I'm sure Suda and GhM can scrounge up a little 50 second teaser trailer in the vein of the one I linked above to simply confirm the game's existence first and foremost. You need to remember that a lot of people are still unaware that GhM are developing NMH3 so I could see such a thing announced at Nintendo's E3 working to not only get the word out there, but sort of initiate a recruitment drive as NMH3 will more than likely require more than the 20 or so people that worked on TSA.

Suda has already finished off the outline for NMH3 and the DLC ending to TSA has practically confirmed the direction the game will take. I'm sure they can get it done for 2021. The reveal trailer doesn't need to be huge on details as we already have a decent idea of what NMH3 will be.
Yeah they could show a short prerendered video along with the logo. Which is great for people unaware of the project but won't mean much to us.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's a big difference. TSA on NSW was self published while this port is funded and published by Marvelous. It's a collaboration in the sense that Marvelous wasn't involved in TSA on NSW apart from lending the IP.

It's an indication that they're likely the publisher of NMH3.
"they were not involved outside of authorizing the use of their IP"
So they were involved then.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"they were not involved outside of authorizing the use of their IP"
So they were involved then.
Was this supposed to be a gotcha! post? They literally had no involvement in the marketing, distribution, localization or quality assurance of Travis Strikes Again. All of this was handled by Grasshopper Manufacture and their external partners like Active Gaming Media.

Stop being obtuse, all of this in the credits. The only time the credits even mention Marvelous is in the special thanks section thanking the CEO.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Was this supposed to be a gotcha! post? They literally had no involvement in the marketing, distribution, localization or quality assurance of Travis Strikes Again. All of this was handled by Grasshopper Manufacture and their external partners like Active Gaming Media.

Stop being obtuse, all of this in the credits. The only time the credits even mention Marvelous is in the special thanks section thanking the CEO.
It's not a "gotcha" post. Being obtuse is when you think a publisher has no involvement when they let a developer use one of their IPs.
They didn't say "yeah sure whatever" to Suda nor wouldn't they have been there in negotiations with Nintendo.

But I guess "involvement" now only counts under certain conditions. Do you expect Marvelous devs in the credits of the port?

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Travis gets summoned by these furry little aliens to protect the universe from an inter-galactic threat: EA.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
There's only one answer.

image0.jpg

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
suda's really about to save E3 huh

i mean there isn't much of a bar to clear to be fair

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
w4neArZ.jpg

Kimmy Howell from NMH2 is back. Designed by the Bayonetta designer

How she looked in NMH2:

d7d58cd96c2487e0b0eb16f02a98257d--character-sheet-character-reference.jpg

Destroyman mass produced

unknown.png

Destroyman version T

unknown.png

Final Destroyman

unknown.png

Jennifer Hale and Josh Keaton will be back to voice them.

All other characters are shown offstream. They even cut the audio...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
w4neArZ.jpg

Kimmy Howell from NMH2 is back. Designed by the Bayonetta designer

How she looked in NMH2:

d7d58cd96c2487e0b0eb16f02a98257d--character-sheet-character-reference.jpg

Destroyman mass produced

unknown.png

Destroyman version T

unknown.png

Final Destroyman

unknown.png

Jennifer Hale and Josh Keaton will be back to voice them.

All other characters are shown offstream. They even cut the audio...

HOLY SHIT WHAT!? I'm so glad they're going the distance to get the original VAs back.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They are apparently cutting a 5mns long trailer for the game but don't know when they will plan to show it. The presenter was all "what the fuck? What are you trying to do? How do you go from trying to be the best assassin to this?!"