OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered I go through such a long process of following a "optimize Windows for gaming" guide, especially after a update that enable things I disabled, all to try to lessen the impact of Windows bloat.

Crayon breaks down how much easier it is for modern games, especially on Steam.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This is definitely the best intro to Linux gaming video so far. But discotrigger mentioned something in the other thread: suggesting that the video would be way better if they showed some of the latest games being played right out of the box. Instead of doing a bunch of set up to end up with starcraft 2. they should have been showing stuff like sekiro and DMC 5, etc.

Those are just install steam, click install, and go. If they showed that, I think you'd see that it's easier and more powerful then you may think watching this video.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
The whole Adobe suite, Clip Studio Paint, ZBrush and Vegas. I know it should be possible to run them using Wine, but I often hear about instability.

The only other software I frequently use that have Linux support are Blender and Substance Painter/Designer.

* whispers - " Get a mac " *

/runs

OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely the best intro to Linux gaming video so far. But discotrigger mentioned something in the other thread: suggesting that the video would be way better if they showed some of the latest games being played right out of the box. Instead of doing a bunch of set up to end up with starcraft 2. they should have been showing stuff like sekiro and DMC 5, etc.

Those are just install steam, click install, and go. If they showed that, I think you'd see that it's easier and more powerful then you may think watching this video.
I'll add this quote to the op threadmarks (hope I'm using them correctly. I'm a noob to this feature) just in case someone wants to try it but feels intimidated by the Star Craft setup process they showed. Thanks, and you too discotrigger.

OP
OP
Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The Linux Gamer did a pretty long video on this video and he really likes it. May be something for people on the fence to look at if they are not quite sure, he goes into depth on certain things that LTT bring up but kind of gloss over.

Linus Tech Tips believes Linux is THE FUTURE OF GAMING?! (Yes. And I agree)