• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Fire Emblem can beat Madden
5042198485_5cf4a261f4_b.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best launch record for Fire Emblem is going down.
Everyone should've known this since it was announced for Switch.

I can't wait to repeat this line for Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime 4, while people continue to be surprised at what's happening. This is the norm for many new first party games.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
NRS games are a sales force to be reckoned with. Holy cow man. If only other fighting games had the budget they do

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Best timeline: Nintendo underestimated FE3H so bad, they undersupplied
Worst timeline: Nintendo didn't have confidence in FE3H, so they undersupplied

C. People don't pre-order so retailers don't buy much stock at launch.

Eg. See Bayonetta 2 launch for Wii U in US. (Thread on old forum)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm curious to see how things progress considering the info from Deader. While ggx2ac is right to point out that third option, I would think that, considering the amount of talk around Three Houses ever since E3 and the big marketing, pre-orders aren't likely to have lagged.

I'm hoping it's option 1 (even higher demand than the strong expectations provided for). Option 2 seems unlikely considering they've spent so much time marketing the game, and furthermore have Fates to show them how big the franchise is in the US.

Last edited:

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Wow, madden usually opens above 1 million in its first month?! I know it's always a top 10 seller for the year but I didn't know it was so fast out the gate

Fire emblem stands no chance lol

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: just remembered Benji didn't like his tweets shared here. He said that FETH day one was bigger than MUA3 by a good sized margin, was quite surprised by how well it is doing.

#5MillionClub represent

So I completely understand Benji not wanting to post here and it's totally up to him but this whole not posting his tweets thing is weird. Twitter is a public medium.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
This will affect July but PS4 slim is now $249. This week also has Madden launching so July shouldn't be as low April/May.

Deader2818 Do you know when this ends?

Feb 9, 2018
it is. what would you do with it anyway?
you wouldn't be allowed to share numbers even if you bought them.

Maybe not, but I'd still like to know.

What I'm really interested in is seeing what sort of money and manpower would be needed to crowdfund and operate a non-profit sales tracker that would, unlike a certain other site, actually be reliable. I could see a potential need of some funds being used to buy NPD reports to make comparisons to see what kind of margins of error such a sales tracking effort would have versus an established sales tracker and use that to possibly determine what sorts of improvements could be made (and as we've seen with Media Create and Famitsu, even two well-established trackers can often be off from each other by a non-trivial margin).

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
With Sony revising their forecast down after only one quarter, it looks like the decline of the PS4 (and by extension the XB1) was indeed faster than anticipated.

Might also tell that they are okay with it and won't be super aggressive with their pricing.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
With Sony revising their forecast down after only one quarter, it looks like the decline of the PS4 (and by extension the XB1) was indeed faster than anticipated.

Might also tell that they are okay with it and won't be super aggressive with their pricing.
Being aggressive on price is actually the only way they'll even hit that anyway. Sell through patterns and trends are only going to make it hard to hit that new goal.

I still think they don't hit that and land in the 14M range. 15M is what the forecast should have been to begin with. 16M was never possible.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Massive shortages for Fire Emblem reported I read on Twitter, a bit of a shame since we don't have digital data from Nintendo.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Being aggressive on price is actually the only way they'll even hit that anyway. Sell through patterns and trends are only going to make it hard to hit that new goal.

I still think they don't hit that and land in the 14M range. 15M is what the forecast should have been to begin with. 16M was never possible.
So you think they clearly overshipped this quarter ? Cause 3m+ in Q1 is a big result.

Welfare

Oct 26, 2017
So you think they clearly overshipped this quarter ? Cause 3m+ in Q1 is a big result.
Yes because now with such a high FY Q1, every other quarter is going to sell less. They only plan to ship 11.8M across the next 3 quarters. Also no where in the world is PS4 demand even close to 2018 demand in the same time frame, so shipping 3.2M now in the dead of Summer is bonkers.

The reasons for them to ship that many now could be

1. Because they intended to ship more units than what is possible now, they are shipping excess units to clear storage so they don't get left sitting while manufacturing slows.

2. They intend to price drop soon, so they are getting as many units out before then. This can be evidence on if there is a new model coming, and this quarter is Sony clearing out remaining slim stock before shipping the super slim.

3. Both 1 and 2, plus then wanting to hit 100M for the end of the quarter.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Yes because now with such a high FY Q1, every other quarter is going to sell less. They only plan to ship 11.8M across the next 3 quarters. Also no where in the world is PS4 demand even close to 2018 demand in the same time frame, so shipping 3.2M now in the dead of Summer is bonkers.

1. Because they intended to ship more units than what is possible now, they are shipping excess units to clear storage so they don't get left sitting while manufacturing slows.

2. They intend to price drop soon, so they are getting as many units out before then. This can be evidence on if there is a new model coming, and this quarter is Sony clearing out remaining slim stock before shipping the super slim.

Yeah it sounds plausible. Next quarter should be significantly down then.

Maybe they decided to overship especially in the US because of the tariffs threat since the units already shipped shouldnt be impacted retroactively.

Jan 20, 2019

Or you know, that might actualy have the demand for it?

Because accordingly to them, they actualy ship less units that they expected and that also might be the reason for the change from 16M to 15M, maybe they
thought that Days Gone whould move more units.