Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Politico has the full statement.

Edit: Sondland is finished because this guy corroborates Bolton cutting the meeting short because of his fuckery.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Entering the nightmare Zone for the average Republican Congressman. The Jim Jordans and Matt Gaetz are never going to change but this stuff keeps piling up and its getting harder and harder to turn a blind eye too

Gaetz will never look before he shits on someone, but other more moderate repubs might start to think twice.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Sondland furiously wondering if he throw Trump under the bus while contacting the House to let them know that he has remembered a few new things.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a military man , an office of the American army, the only institution that republicans don't publicly throw under the bus. This is an active member of the military. Republicans have so far resisted throwing one of the army folks into their wrecking bus , they do this and they cross their own holy line of not slandering their active soldiers
McCain.

He was a war hero and a prominent Republican in office.

I mean on paper I agree with you.

But McCain.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Ingraham, not even once.

Aside from Laura's ridiculous double agent insinuation, Yoo's line of defense is "it doesn't matter if half a dozen or more witnesses continue to come forward to corroborate the whistleblower's account, we have the *FULL TRANSCRIPT* and we, the independent objective right wing media pundits, can easily judge it to be a perfect legal call."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if they had a megaton incoming when they announced the move to vote on open hearing procedures since it was a big departure.

And yup they did.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The President of the United States is a traitor, and an entire political party has happily joined in his crusade to undermine America.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Bullshit. This testimony, in conjunction with Taylor's,is a deadly 1-2 punch. He corroborates a big chunk of Taylor's allegations with first hand knowledge.

I agree. An average independent voter should, in theory, conclude Trump broke the law, violated the constitution and reneged on his solemn oath to uphold and defend it. He admitted on camera to it and did it all again with China on live TV, claiming there was nothing wrong with it.

In practice, I thought an average independent voter would see Trump was a con man. A stupid, mentally incompetent one as well, and he was clearly an S-class liar and racist.

I was wrong then, I think, so I am no longer as confident in 3rd parties' judgement :/

OP
OP
cameron

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC

Clearly Democrats continue to leak behind closed door testimony to damage President @realDonaldTrump.

The NY Times story is Exhibit A in their ongoing efforts to use a sham process for the purpose of driving down Trump's approval rating.

It should come to an immediate end. https://twitter.com/nytimes/status

This selective leaking without due process puts the presidency at risk.

As to Colonel, he's entitled to his opinion about the phone call. I read the transcript and found nothing wrong with it.​

Finally how is this different than three Democratic senators writing to Ukraine demanding they cooperate with Mueller investigation?

10:16 PM - Oct 28, 2019

Oct 27, 2017
Dershowitz has been on a lot of international flights! There are even extensive logs about it.

He has that post-Epstein glow about him

John "torture memos" Yoo says "some may call it espionage" for the NSC's Ukraine expert to advise the Ukrainians on how to deal with the corrupt demands from the president's personal lawyer and noted non-government employee Rudy Giuliani.

"Reporting Trump's crimes is illegal as and unpatriotic"

These cretins have self-radicalized

OP
OP
cameron

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Chris Murphy @ChrisMurphyCT

Witness after witness is telling the exact same story. The White House pressured Ukraine to help destroy Trump's political rivals in exchange for U.S. support.

Republicans are going to try to complain about the "process" because the conduct is impeachable.

And they know it. https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1188982221429977090 …

11:10 PM - Oct 28, 2019

Mary Louise Kelly @NPRKelly

Three things to know about Vindman:
1. He still works at the White House.
2. He actually heard the call.
3. He's active duty Army, about to testify against his commander-in-chief. https://www.npr.org/2019/10/28/774256868/read-ukraine-expert-lt-col-alexander-vindmans-opening-statement …

10:51 PM - Oct 28, 2019

Oct 27, 2017
Incoming character assassination.

"His brothers roommates stepfathers former roommate worked in the Obama admin. BIAS!

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
He's an immigrant, not a real American. Also, Conservatives will now hate the military, who has an unfair Liberal Bias, and always have against Republicans.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I mean Conservatives and Trump's base have a ready made excuse for bad people in the military provided by Qanon; they're members of the deep state.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Clearly Democrats continue to leak behind closed door testimony to damage President @realDonaldTrump.

The NY Times story is Exhibit A in their ongoing efforts to use a sham process for the purpose of driving down Trump's approval rating.

As to Colonel, he's entitled to his opinion about the phone call. I read the transcript and found nothing wrong with it.

Finally how is this different than three Democratic senators writing to Ukraine demanding they cooperate with Mueller investigation?

Republicans will always find a way. That's why arguments in politics about why Democrats shouldn't do something because "it will give the Republicans ammo" never resonate with me. They will always find an angle. It doesn't matter what you do, because even the lousiest spin will work for them. People like Graham aren't ever gonna say "Jee, these testimonies are highly credible. I'm not sure I can defend the president after that."

Magni

This is a military man , an office of the American army, the only institution that republicans don't publicly throw under the bus. This is an active member of the military. Republicans have so far resisted throwing one of the army folks into their wrecking bus , they do this and they cross their own holy line of not slandering their active soldiers

Humayun Khan.

edit: just noticed "active soldiers" at the end there. I guess this would be a first?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I didn't realize this guy.. currently works at the WH?
Indeed. He's still the top Ukraine guy at the NSC, which is part of the WH. And his identical twin brother is an NSC lawyer and accompanied him the 2nd time he approached the top lawyer at the NSC, John Eisenberg (the dude who OK'd putting the transcripts on the secret server) with his concerns.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
They are just going to say "he's an immigrant, not a real American" and "he's a Ukranian double agent"

edit: hah posted this before reading the second page and they are already doing exactly that. These people need to all be in jail.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

As to Colonel, he's entitled to his opinion about the phone call. I read the transcript and found nothing wrong with it.

LMFAO. The old conservative white man flailing will never fail to amuse me. Whine more to the deplorables. Nothing is stopping the train(s).

Tomorrow should be a fun one. And then Thursday will provide to be of some more fun.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This about sums it up

fdru-Dd-X-01.jpg

giphy.gif

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
Next up in the Republican playbook, look up his voting records and show that he once thought about voting for a Democrat! Deep state strikes again!

Dec 31, 2017
Politico has the full statement.

Edit: Sondland is finished because this guy corroborates Bolton cutting the meeting short because of his fuckery.

Damn.

We are sitting on a mountain of evidence at this point.

This guy listened to the call first hand.

AND he reported his concerns on 2 separate occasions.

Good luck smearing him, Republicans.