1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
wow that's so messed up that you quoted me when i specifically asked you not to!!!

( ;) i'll try it tonight and report back if someone doesn't beat me to it)

I haven't confirmed it works with Tetris (although store page says it does), but I've paired an Xbox One controller to my Quest. Works great for stuff that supports it.

some would have you believe the xbox controller is not capable of this because it uses dark age AAs :)

Yeah. Those darn, nasty eneloops. Your controller should be thrown out when the batteries start to suck. Or if the batteries die, plug a cable in. Don't go grab a new pair of charged eneloops. That's way too convenient;)

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to the Tetris reviews. I wonder if the Rift version will be cross-buy (once the Epic deal expires and there *is* a Rift version).

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Tetris for the 3rd time...lol. It took a long time to load, but once I was in...it was great. It has lost a bit of graphical fidelity, but honestly it looks pretty good, still has a lot of the graphical flourishes and effects, and once you're in the zone I don't think you'd notice the differences. Well worth it.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Apple just bought NextVR and has completely killed all services for it.

I was wondering if and when the NBA returned for the playoffs, if they would really embrace this. LOL. Not anymore. Facebook, Apple. The whole thing is just so dirty. The scum that runs everything now will run everything then.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done trying Asgard's Wrath via Virtual Desktop. No issues through the tutorial bits to the point where you get to the inn. Had to stop there for dinner, but it was really cool with no hitching to that point, at least. I threw cheese as a dude and he got mad, tho. Really fucking cool.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Looks like the newest PC software beta update finally allows you to use the included USB charging cable in the box with Oculus Link (along with mostly any other USB 2.0 cable). Although 3.0 USB is still recommended for best performance

uploadvr.com

Oculus Link Now Works With Almost Any USB Cable- Including The One In the Box

The latest Oculus PC software beta update allows Oculus Link to work with many USB 2.0 cables- including the one in the box. Oculus Quest was released almost one year ago as an Android-based “VR console”. In November the Oculus Link software update was released, allowing Quest to also

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

VIVE Deluxe Audio Strap | VIVE United States

VIVE Deluxe Audio Strap provides an easy setup for integrated earphones with great audio to go with your VR headset. Adjust height and angle for a perfect fit.

DAS appears to be in stock

go go go
really contemplating this. is it really that huge of an improvement? i find the quest a bit painful.

how's the sound compared to the internal quest speakers?

any recomnendations on the adapters to mod this onto the quest?

May 30, 2018
really contemplating this. is it really that huge of an improvement? i find the quest a bit painful.

how's the sound compared to the internal quest speakers?

any recomnendations on the adapters to mod this onto the quest?
makes it way more comfortable. do a search for "DAS" on /r/oculusquest and i think you'll see almost nothing but positive comments. i've yet to really put the headphones portion through its paces but i'm about to jump into tetris effect. but either way having them attached to the headset is super convenient.

there are some adapter pieces sold on etsy and the like, happy to link what i got if you end up going for it.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
makes it way more comfortable. do a search for "DAS" on /r/oculusquest and i think you'll see almost nothing but positive comments. i've yet to really put the headphones portion through its paces but i'm about to jump into tetris effect. but either way having them attached to the headset is super convenient.

there are some adapter pieces sold on etsy and the like, happy to link what i got if you end up going for it.
purchased. i hope it helps with immersion because right now i feel like the physical head comfort kills it for me.

May 30, 2018
purchased. i hope it helps with immersion because right now i feel like the physical head comfort kills it for me.
should help a good amount especially with it feeling more secure on your head. an extra bit of something to add counterweight in the back would help also.

www.etsy.com

Frankenquest DAS Adapter Meta Quest Oculus Quest 1 & 2 VR Accessories - Etsy

This Video Games item by PixelPowerPrinting has 328 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Williamsburg, KY. Listed on Mar 7, 2024

that (the "full kit") is what i grabbed to connect it to my quest, but i bet the same thing is available from different sellers or you can print the adapters yourself if you have a 3d printer.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I just used string Velcro for attaching and it's been fine since. I do still find it can benefit from some counterweight at the back, but DAS is a big improvement over stock quest

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Anyway to use a dpad with Tetris effect on Quest? Im using an 8bitdo controller but its not reading dpad inputs.

I tried 8bitdo FC30 Pro, xbox one controller and dualshock 4. Only Xbox One controller works. I ran into the same issue with 8bitdo controller where the D-pad is not read. DualShock4 doesn't work at all which is weird considering where the game was first launched. I hope they'll patch it later.

May 30, 2018
I tried 8bitdo FC30 Pro, xbox one controller and dualshock 4. Only Xbox One controller works. I ran into the same issue with 8bitdo controller where the D-pad is not read. DualShock4 doesn't work at all which is weird considering where the game was first launched. I hope they'll patch it later.
here's a thing to try if you have a moment to test. pair the DS4 first, launch Tetris Effect fresh. once you're at the menu, press down really hard on your DS4 Dpad- does it work then? the DPad inputs did work with my DS4 but i had to really apply pressure which was bizarre, more than i'd ever need to when used on the PS4 or PC. i figured something was wrong with that specific controller (hadn't used it in a while) but maybe that's a bug and it's reading them as analog or something?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with DAS is that it's impossible to find anywhere... I've been looking for one for months now

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody tried Derail Valley with either Quest Link or, even better, Virtual Desktop?

The game looks cool but I'm curious to see how it works with the Quest

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Tetris effect made me dust off my quest which I didn't use for quite some time and wow, what a nice surprise, everything has improved a lot!

Tetris effect is amazing although I don't know how it compares to the PSVR version. I played through the whole thing on normal on my first sitting. Graphically actually i was not too blown away but the sound design is just perfect.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just got a quest and love it so far.

One thing I'm really struggling with is casting to a phone, even though my phone and headset are on the same wifi it is telling me to make sure they're on the same wifi. Working with the iPhone XS Max.

The other error I get sometimes is the app telling me to hit 'allow' in the headset itself, but I don't see any kind of allow popup in the headset..

Edit: Seemingly fixed it? I changed my router channel to 11 off of random advice I didn't really understand and it seemed to have helped

Last edited:

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

For a game that's had 2 one year exclusives, I'm struggling to talk myself into this price. I already have it on PC. Does rumble work with the Xbox One controller? I've heard some complaints that it doesn't. That to me would be a pretty big deal, because the way it pulses to the music seems pretty important to the experience. For me, it'd be an even bigger loss than the visual downgrade.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Am I the only one here who has bought AUDIO TRIP? Yeah it's yet another one of those (BS, Audica, Shape, etc...) but it's pretty good. But I'm struggling to understand if the total songs count is really just the ones you get from the start or do you unlock more? Because if it's the former I'd honestly refund and wait for the number to increase, I don't wanna say that italian a glorified demo right now but definitely a feels like a prologue of sorts, or early access. These games don't stay in my rotation if it's the same songs over and over because of a scarce selection.

For the record, I can only access a whopping 10 songs at the moment.

And I'm also struggling to get what is the "ghost dancer" good for? It's just distracting imo, cool for 10 minutes, but I see the devs are mainly working on adding new dances with the updates... seems a waste considering the state of the game.

edit:
Yep I can confirm there's only 10 songs + 1, and considering the Beginner settings is too easy after only fooling around with the game for half an hour, there's basically only 2 variations for each song to have fun with: Regular and Expert and almost zero customization (+/- speed etc.) Way, way too little content to have me coming back to it every other day. Disappointed. Because the game is honestly pretty cool and different enough from Beat Saber.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just ordered one off Dell Canada.
So here's the funny thing about Dell... I ordered one there too on April 6th... I'm still waiting for them to ship it... They just don't say it on the website when the item is back order so they let anybody order one but they won't ship it until they receive new ones.

My "Estimated Delivery Date" keeps changing on the tracking... It went from April 6th to now June 4th but I have little hope of actually getting it on June 4th.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Tetris is cool. I don't know about 30€ cool tho. It is a work of art tho. But I'm not one to be enthusiastic about this kind of "2D gameplay in a VR world = experience" titles.

It's neat but after having experienced all the settings/worlds I'm sure I'd prefer to play Tetris Effect in 2D on a TV/handheld screen; I wouldn't chase an highscore in Tetris Effect in VR, but that's my own personal opinion

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Tetris is cool. I don't know about 30€ cool tho. It is a work of art tho. But I'm not one to be enthusiastic about this kind of "2D gameplay in a VR world = experience" titles.

It's neat but after having experienced all the settings/worlds I'm sure I'd prefer to play Tetris Effect in 2D on a TV/handheld screen; I wouldn't chase an highscore in Tetris Effect in VR, but that's my own personal opinion

I admittedly like those type of experiences. Still, I do agree that if you're a score chaser, there's probably better ways to play Tetris. It's about the chill. Just playing to chill. If that part doesn't appeal to a person, or Tetris Effect doesn't elicit that response from someone, it's probably not something they're going to play a whole lot.

So can anyone tell me if rumble works with the Xbox One controller? I'm not a huge rumble guy, but for this game, it is a deal breaker if you can't have rumble and a d-pad.

May 30, 2018
I admittedly like those type of experiences. Still, I do agree that if you're a score chaser, there's probably better ways to play Tetris. It's about the chill. Just playing to chill. If that part doesn't appeal to a person, or Tetris Effect doesn't elicit that response from someone, it's probably not something they're going to play a whole lot.

So can anyone tell me if rumble works with the Xbox One controller? I'm not a huge rumble guy, but for this game, it is a deal breaker if you can't have rumble and a d-pad.
no rumble on non quest touch controllers yet, at least from my experience. but i feel like i read this past week that that's an issue currently with the oculus system, not the games

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
no rumble on non quest touch controllers yet, at least from my experience. but i feel like i read this past week that that's an issue currently with the oculus system, not the games

Good to know. Thanks.

I'm not blaming the port. I'm sure it is on the Oculus side. I just feel like it's an important element. So I'll just stick to my PC version and pick up the Quest version during a sale. The Quest version would be nice to have, but without the rumble sync, the PC version would still remain my dominant play method.

May 30, 2018
Good to know. Thanks.

I'm not blaming the port. I'm sure it is on the Oculus side. I just feel like it's an important element. So I'll just stick to my PC version and pick up the Quest version during a sale. The Quest version would be nice to have, but without the rumble sync, the PC version would still remain my dominant play method.
oh for sure, just wanted to note since it's very possible the game supports it, just that the system doesn't push it through yet.

i've already got an email thread going with Enhance support about the stuttering issues i'm having with the Quest port so if i get a chance to ask about controller rumble support i'll do so

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So here's the funny thing about Dell... I ordered one there too on April 6th... I'm still waiting for them to ship it... They just don't say it on the website when the item is back order so they let anybody order one but they won't ship it until they receive new ones.

My "Estimated Delivery Date" keeps changing on the tracking... It went from April 6th to now June 4th but I have little hope of actually getting it on June 4th.
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I will just cancel it and wait on a better source.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Good to know. Thanks.

I just realized that I didn't notice the lack of rumble on xbox controller because I have the touch controllers on my thigh. So I was still feeling the rumble. I guess that works out.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw a post on Reddit warning people not to buy anything until the 21st. Hinted that were going to get some pretty good 1 year anniversary sales. Here's hoping:)

EDIT: Actually, the press release flat out states a big sale is starting on the 21st:)

I just realized that I didn't notice the lack of rumble on xbox controller because I have the touch controllers on my thigh. So I was still feeling the rumble. I guess that works out.

Interesting. I could see that working. Hold the Xbox controller like normal, and just let the Touch controllers rest against the wrists. The little cord could even help keep them in place.

I will hold out until the 21st, though. Who knows if they'll be any % off coupons sent out.

Last edited:

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Just saw a post on Reddit warning people not to buy anything until the 21st. Hinted that were going to get some pretty good 1 year anniversary sales. Here's hoping:)

Interesting. I could see that working. Hold the Xbox controller like normal, and just let the Touch controllers rest against the wrists. The little cord could even help keep them in place.

I will hold out until the 21st, though. Who knows if they'll be any % off coupons sent out.

wow, basically accidentally the Trance Vibrator all over again

Actually I take it back. I tried it again. I think what really happened is that I was activating the touch controllers at random...the rumble only happens when I rest my arm on it.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
- Anyone get the "mobile25" coupon from Oculus? 25% off a game when using the app. I tried several times to use it and it would always decline my payment. Obviously I know the card is good and used it on the website without issue. Coupon ended up expiring because of that, oh well.

- I did get Tetris Effect. I enjoyed playing through the Journey mode quite a bit and like having it as a more relaxed game that can be played in any scenario (don't need any space), though I don't know if the game clicked with me quite enough to actually keep playing the extra modes/hard/etc. Hope it ends up crossplay with a Rift store version so I can check out the full graphics.

- The DAS wasn't a massive comfort upgrade for me (though it helped), but I really like having headphones built in and how they snap onto the ear. Or when not trying to play an immersive game being able to leave one ear in the off position to let ambient noise in while still getting decent sound. And the quick fit adjustment. Overall was worth the price. Also added the VR Cover padding to the back, which is overpriced but nice

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
- Anyone get the "mobile25" coupon from Oculus? 25% off a game when using the app. I tried several times to use it and it would always decline my payment. Obviously I know the card is good and used it on the website without issue. Coupon ended up expiring because of that, oh well.

- I did get Tetris Effect. I enjoyed playing through the Journey mode quite a bit and like having it as a more relaxed game that can be played in any scenario (don't need any space), though I don't know if the game clicked with me quite enough to actually keep playing the extra modes/hard/etc. Hope it ends up crossplay with a Rift store version so I can check out the full graphics.

- The DAS wasn't a massive comfort upgrade for me (though it helped), but I really like having headphones built in and how they snap onto the ear. Or when not trying to play an immersive game being able to leave one ear in the off position to let ambient noise in while still getting decent sound. And the quick fit adjustment. Overall was worth the price. Also added the VR Cover padding to the back, which is overpriced but nice

They seem to have sent them out in waves. I think I was in the first wave. At the time, I didn't use mine. Wish I had one now, cause there's more than a couple games I'd use it on.

Also, I thought the DAS by itself did nothing for comfort. It needs the counter-balance. The DAS is way more rigid, so if you put a couple hundred gram counter-weight on it, it'll lift it right up.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That seems cool. How does it serve as a counterbalance with the Deluxe Audio Strap?

It's probably the best I've experienced, and I've tried quite a few different methods. What I like about this instead of the methods that put the counterweight at the back base of the skull is that the latter methods actually hurt after a bit. The weight being in the top-rear isn't overbearing, while still pulling the weight from the front of the face.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably the best I've experienced, and I've tried quite a few different methods. What I like about this instead of the methods that put the counterweight at the back base of the skull is that the latter methods actually hurt after a bit. The weight being in the top-rear isn't overbearing, while still pulling the weight from the front of the face.
Looks like they're back ordered for a hot minute, but i'm real interested in giving this a shot. Thanks for sharing the details bud.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017

Yea, I might have to try this. My battery-pack held on with velcro should work fine there.

I also just adjusted my frankenquest, and loosened the pressure on the face (more weight on top), and it's night and day now. I could leave it on all day, I think.