jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
Still can't decide whether to get on console or Steam.

Relevant...

Me too. I downloaded OlliOlli 2 on steam and it was locked at 60fps. I hope that's not the case for the PC version this time. I'd love to play it handheld on Switch but would really like the high frame rate of PC.

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
bought on Steam. been waiting for a while for this one so im not holding off til Deck.

Oct 29, 2017
The framerate on the PS5 sections where people are chatting to you is really bizarre. The background seems fine but the characters seem to animate at 10fps at times.

Mar 19, 2021
The framerate on the PS5 sections where people are chatting to you is really bizarre. The background seems fine but the characters seem to animate at 10fps at times.

That's a style choice, you can see it's very deliberate. Game is super fun, second surprise in two days since I'm loving both Sifu and this and I'm neither a martial arts nor a skateboarding type of guy

robocopswitch

Oct 2, 2018
Having fun with this on PC but I have to sleep now. Very nice lock at 144, but weird bug with character animations being hitchy (on customization and story snippets). Thankfully the gameplay itself is smooth and hitch free.

Seems more accessible than OlliOlli 2, which I dropped after like an hour because I'm bad at videogames.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Was having a blast and just hit a really annoying wall with the 180 spin tutorial, it legit feels like my inputs aren't registering part of the time with the triggers. Wasn't having an issue with any of the other moves. Thought it might be my dualsense but same issue with Xbox One controller using the official dongle. Maybe I just suck at the timing but wasn't expecting to hit a wall on a tutorial level. It doesn't help this tutorial doesn't have any extra jumps to compensate for any missed ones. It's all over the place, sometimes I hit 9/10 and other runs 6/10.

edit: lol ofc I beat it right after posting this. Seems you have to hit the triggers towards the apex of the jump for it to register consistently.

edit 2: wow I'm slow just realized its left or right trigger for spins. No wonder my inputs were getting confused/canceled out. Could've sworn the tutorial asked for both pressed at once.

Last edited:

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone playing it already, any one able to tell me what I am doing wrong for one of Mike's Challenges on the optional location Best Beach in Sunshine Valley?

Challenge is "Do an advanced trick for the Bathers and finish the level". Fairly certain I know which section is the bit with the Bathers as they go 'oooooh' as you approach but no matter what advanced trick I land they don't seem too stoked. Finishing the level and nothing.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Just gone through the first world, this is awesome. A very simple game of course (maybe tricks and stuff get more complex when you've really worked it out?) but it feels great and the presentation is outstandingly stylish.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ah, man, this is so good. Played a fair amount of OlliOlli on Vita years ago, and this is clearly the formula just perfected and taken to great heights. An hour just breezed by. I really love the art style, great character creation, soundtrack and chill vibe pervading everything.

I had a look at a replay of one of the top scorer of a level in the first world, and oof. I was never that good at the first game but I'll see how far I can go. On SX, plays perfect to me.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things I really like about this is it feels like a similar control scheme that SkaterXL uses but obviously on a 2d plane. The new moves and 2.5 d levels make this feel so much more expressive than the other ones. Roll7 did a phenomenal job iterating on the other games' foundation while retaining the same feel and flow of things.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Game is great but I think I've already decided I'm not going to worry about Mike's Challenges until I finish a level first. I can already see myself getting way too frustrated if I focus too much on them.

Just bought on Xbox! It's not out yet tho will it be live at 9pm pacific/12 eastern?

It unlocks at midnight in your time zone. If you switch your xbox's region to UK you can play right now, I can confirm this because that's literally how I'm playing two hours before midnight my time lol

Last edited:

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
Having fun with this on PC but I have to sleep now. Very nice lock at 144, but weird bug with character animations being hitchy (on customization and story snippets). Thankfully the gameplay itself is smooth and hitch free.

Seems more accessible than OlliOlli 2, which I dropped after like an hour because I'm bad at videogames.
I'm getting that hitching too. Is that common? Gameplay elements are totally smooth and fluid.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Game is great but I think I've already decided I'm not going to worry about Mike's Challenges until I finish a level first. I can already see myself getting way too frustrated if I focus too much on them.

It unlocks at midnight in your time zone. If you switch your xbox's region to UK you can play right now, I can confirm this because that's literally how I'm playing two hours before midnight my time lol
Thank you! Will be available in a couple hours then. Can't wait!!

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since the game itself runs very well, I figured the stuttery animation during cutscenes was a stylistic choice. I agree it looks kinda weird. I'm getting it with a 120hz monitor.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
are there cross platform leaderboards? back when olli olli 2 came to ps+, i had one of the top 3 scores in the world for a short period of time lol. i want to try to do that again

can't wait for this game

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
are there cross platform leaderboards? back when olli olli 2 came to ps+, i had one of the top 3 scores in the world for a short period of time lol. i want to try to do that again

can't wait for this game

I think so yeah, same for the shared maps that you can create.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
So for anyone playing it already, any one able to tell me what I am doing wrong for one of Mike's Challenges on the optional location Best Beach in Sunshine Valley?

Challenge is "Do an advanced trick for the Bathers and finish the level". Fairly certain I know which section is the bit with the Bathers as they go 'oooooh' as you approach but no matter what advanced trick I land they don't seem too stoked. Finishing the level and nothing.

I'm currently having the exact same trouble. I even did a clean one combo run with the advanced trick and still nothing.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently having the exact same trouble. I even did a clean one combo run with the advanced trick and still nothing.

Yeah I tried for an hour at least. Just nothing works so far. Things I have tried:
ONLY doing that one trick and landing perfect on the other side of the pool.
Landing the advance trick from rail to rail.
Doing a special grind into an advanced trick rail to rail.

Nothing seems to impress them. Why don't they like me?!? I played Skate 1, 2 and 3. I am cool, I swear!

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope the unlock on Switch in the US doesn't kick in until like 11am tomorrow. Hope the unlock isn't held back too long on the Switch tomorrow! Going to be a nice Switch play day between this and Pokémon!

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Yeah I tried for an hour at least. Just nothing works so far. Things I have tried:
ONLY doing that one trick and landing perfect on the other side of the pool.
Landing the advance trick from rail to rail.
Doing a special grind into an advanced trick rail to rail.

Nothing seems to impress them. Why don't they like me?!? I played Skate 1, 2 and 3. I am cool, I swear!

So I just found that the advanced tricks tutorial is a few levels after the one we're stuck on. I wonder if it won't trigger because we haven't completed it yet.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
So I just found that the advanced tricks tutorial is a few levels after the one we're stuck on. I wonder if it won't trigger because we haven't completed it yet.

Sadly no luck after completing that either.

EDIT: Got it Crissaegrim

Just don't slam. So one run, no slam, make sure you get the advanced trick off in the right spot and finish the run and it should pop. Phew.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ugh, I hate the cinematic animation. Just jerks between key frames with no tweening.

Inexplicably, it's not every animation, either. They'll be standing there in a smooth idle animation, then just have a seizure.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I ... uh... think I ADORE this game.

I had a lot of fun with the original on Vita, but it was pretty basic and graphically wasn't much to look at. This art. This music. This create a character. This VIBE. The controls. Runs great on Switch. Looks good on the OLED.

This ... game... feels special. Kinda blown away.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

can't wait for this game
Since you can share levels cross platform with a postcode system, I'm sure it would be also for leaderboards.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Game is pretty good, I'm not a fan of the boring "story" but it's OlliOlli and the game is pretty vibrant and fun.

It's 18€ for pc on cdkeys btw.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Game is pretty fun, I'm not a fan of the boring "story" but it's OlliOlli and the game is pretty vibrant and fun.

Yeah I wish it was easier to skip story cutscenes. No shade to whoever on the team put hard work into them, but that's not why I'm here, they're just in my way

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Game is pretty good, I'm not a fan of the boring "story" but it's OlliOlli and the game is pretty vibrant and fun.

Do you get the key right away? The product page on CDKeys says it's a preorder for some reason, with a release date of tomorrow (Feb 9th), but I thought the game is out already? At that price I think I'll bite, never played an Olliolli game but this looks like it could be a fun timekiller until ER.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Do you get the key right away? The product page on CDKeys says it's a preorder for some reason, with a release date of tomorrow (Feb 9th), but I thought the game is out already? At that price I think I'll bite, never played an Olliolli game but this looks like it could be a fun timekiller until ER.

You don't, probably gonna ship hours earlier than the 9th. It's downloadable a day earlier on Steam and but they will deliver it soon (my guess is in around 8 hours).

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
So far I've spent way too much time (re-) customizing my character. Damn…

Game is really fun though, having an absolute blast with this.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Played a few levels before work - game is great!

My only gripe is that - unless I am blind - you can't check your trick list from inside a level. Early challenges were asking for specific flips and I had to experiment to find the motion.

A very small gripe mind as they were basic motions but would be nice if later challenges ask for more complicated moves.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Got the Switch version but I will easily double dip if the mod scene blows up. Also the is this all for hairstyles because I expected more options.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Can you save outfit presets? That would be awesome considering there are so many items to customize.

Played a few levels before work - game is great!

My only gripe is that - unless I am blind - you can't check your trick list from inside a level. Early challenges were asking for specific flips and I had to experiment to find the motion.

A very small gripe mind as they were basic motions but would be nice if later challenges ask for more complicated moves.

You can, its another tab on the pause menu