Dualsense
  • OP
    OP
    Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
    UK
    Any idea if this game has any notable Dual sense features? Trying to decide between the SX and PS5 versions.
    This is from the Gamesradar preview (Ben Tyrer):

If the series' not-so-secret sauce is providing that flow state – an almost meditative-like experience of focusing purely on hitting a perfect run – then OlliOlli World manages to improve on its predecessors with the use of PS5's DualSense controller to fully immerse you in the experience.​
    From the second you push off, you'll hear your board's wheels make subtly different sounds coming from the pad depending on the surface they're rolling across, such as the chatter they make when moving across the slates of the breezy boardwalks in Sunshine Valley or the smoother glide in the arid desert of Burntrock. There's also the haptic feedback as well, which uses shifting sensations in your hand to translate the feeling of landing a perfect grind or the balance of holding a manual. They combine to enhance the game's signature style, immersing you in the game's flow in ways that make the world of Radlandia almost tactile.​
    Talking to the team at Roll7, including Co-CEOs John Ribbins, Tom Hegarty, and Simon Bennett, the group explains how the DualSense features came about for OlliOlli World. Hegarty says: "It was definitely something we wanted to use. I think in the past, with kind of smaller teams, we never really had the opportunity to really use the features that the consoles have had available to us. So it's a really interesting challenge for the design and the audio team – actually, the audio that comes out of it was one of the team's later additions. But I think it's the one that I personally think works the best and really does add to the experience to make it a bit more immersive, and adds to the flow, which is always what we're trying to do."