Rad Edition: £35.99, $44.99
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital
Developer: Roll7
Publisher: Private Division
Size: 3-4GB

Game unlocks in Feb 7, 2022 at 6:00 PM

Synopsis
"OlliOlli World is a bold new skateboarding action-platformer that's bursting with personality. Flip and flow through the vivid and vibrant world of Radlandia, meeting colorful characters as you grind, trick, and air your way to discover the mystical skate gods on your quest for Gnarvana.

Traverse a delightful and weird world as you take on missions, challenges, and make new friends along the way. Customize your character's looks, tricks, and style while you experience explorable levels with multiple paths that provide an array of opportunities for player expression. Challenge the world in Leagues or dare a friend to beat your best tricks on one of millions of sharable levels. Experience the accessibility, depth, and player freedom as you dive into the signature flow state gameplay of OlliOlli World.

OlliOlli World marks the third entry in the critically-acclaimed OlliOlli series from Roll7, the BAFTA and multi-award-winning independent studio."

Features
P6_Welcome.gif

"Take a trip across a lush skateboarding utopia that is filled to the brim with eccentric characters and vibrant locations that are begging to be explored. Find your grind in Inflatable Alley or blaze down Los Vulgas to discover new paths, fresh side quests, rad rewards, and epic trick opportunities. All perfectly complemented by a hand-picked compilation of IDM and Electronica tracks.
P6_Play.gif

Super tight controls combine with highly refined gameplay to ensure a silky smooth ride. Not a Pro? Don't worry – OlliOlli World welcomes you with open arms, allowing new players to tear down streets and pull off sick method grabs without fear of faceplanting the curb. Think you've got what it takes? Achieve mastery through millions of unique levels in sandbox mode or compete against rivals around the globe in Leagues with a hugely deep combo system with over 100 moves to master and combine in your battle for the highest score.
P6_Freedom.gif

Cruise through Radlandia's epic skate-haven and prove your skills to unlock special rewards that let you customize your character's looks, tricks and style. Want to skate in your flip flops… go for it. Want to wear a bumble bee onesie …ok then… no judgement. In OlliOlli World as long as you're on board anything goes!"

Rad Edition
OOW_PreorderIncentive_STEAM-EN.jpg
  • Pre-order Hero Pack​
  • First story expansion " Void Riders" containing an entirely new biome, levels, characters, gameplay and customization unlocks. Coming Summer 2022.​
  • Second story expansion containing an entirely new biome, levels, characters, gameplay and customization unlocks. Coming by Fall 2022.​
  • "Close Encounter Skate Deck"​
zrhy7FD.png

Media

ss_299afa57cb42218216d5a2d1216f09b60f7ca884.600x338.jpg

oow-screenshots-04-8apr21

ss_5f7f9a5093441396d773bcd6c8e07f613babf05d.600x338.jpg

oow-screenshots-01-8apr21

ss_c1ab01c9404cf0c8fdde79b283593374b8460a5d.600x338.jpg

8e067b14-a15a-4ff6-b205-d665248551f7.jpg

oow-screenshots-03-8apr21

Review Thread

PC Requirements

OlliOlli World recommended requirements

• Memory: 4 GB
  • Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4400E
  • File Size: 6 GB

OlliOlli World minimum requirements

• Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5570
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Q6867
Source

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic game. I love every change, the artstyle. Haven't finished first game or the sequel, this feels so much better.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This will be a nice contrast with playing SIFU right now, even though I'm sure there's plenty of challenge if I want to seek it out.

dom1911

Nov 18, 2019
Does anyone know if this runs at 60FPS on Switch? Was thinking about grabbing it for a 10-hour flight I coming up

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This will be a nice contrast with playing SIFU right now, even though I'm sure there's plenty of challenge if I want to seek it out.

Yeah, Sifu is royally kicking my ass and my current mental state is letting it get to me so will palate cleanse with this and give Sifu time to breathe.

Beuntje

Oct 29, 2017
Already playing with the NZ trick on Xbox. It's so smooth and so much fun. And once again a fantastic soundtrack! Love it, and brings back memories playing the previous game.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never played the previous games in the series but this has rocketed up my most anticipated list in the past couple weeks kinda out of nowhere. Really gives me some Runner 2 vibes, but with a way more open score system, which is the only way I could think of to make Runner 2 better. Just debating now on Switch or PS5

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I would appreciate if someone could post the video/graphics settings on PC for this game.

Didn't know this game has already DLC planned in the future. Definitely going to buy the rad edition.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The game runs super smooth on SX, just reached the 2nd zone on the map.

If you switch to NZ is available now.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Any idea if there's going to be a demo on Steam? I'm intrigued by the love these games always get, but it does look a bit simple for a 30 euro game.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Hadn't been paying attention to this but it looks awesome. Strongly considering picking it up.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
getting march 2015 vibes with an olliolli game and a new from ip launching in the same month, one of which will be goty (in 2015, it was olliolli)

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
I LOVE the world design and cinematics for this so far.

I was only luke warm to the gameplay of the original games, but I'm still keeping my eye on this one.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would appreciate if someone could post the video/graphics settings on PC for this game.

Didn't know this game has already DLC planned in the future. Definitely going to buy the rad edition.
Do you mean minimum and recommended requirements? I can add this to OP if you want.

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/olliolli-world-system-requirements (not an official source)

OlliOlli World recommended requirements

• Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4400E

OlliOlli World minimum requirements

• Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5570
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Q6867

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea if this game has any notable Dual sense features? Trying to decide between the SX and PS5 versions.

Dualsense
OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any idea if this game has any notable Dual sense features? Trying to decide between the SX and PS5 versions.
This is from the Gamesradar preview (Ben Tyrer):

If the series' not-so-secret sauce is providing that flow state – an almost meditative-like experience of focusing purely on hitting a perfect run – then OlliOlli World manages to improve on its predecessors with the use of PS5's DualSense controller to fully immerse you in the experience.​
From the second you push off, you'll hear your board's wheels make subtly different sounds coming from the pad depending on the surface they're rolling across, such as the chatter they make when moving across the slates of the breezy boardwalks in Sunshine Valley or the smoother glide in the arid desert of Burntrock. There's also the haptic feedback as well, which uses shifting sensations in your hand to translate the feeling of landing a perfect grind or the balance of holding a manual. They combine to enhance the game's signature style, immersing you in the game's flow in ways that make the world of Radlandia almost tactile.​
Talking to the team at Roll7, including Co-CEOs John Ribbins, Tom Hegarty, and Simon Bennett, the group explains how the DualSense features came about for OlliOlli World. Hegarty says: "It was definitely something we wanted to use. I think in the past, with kind of smaller teams, we never really had the opportunity to really use the features that the consoles have had available to us. So it's a really interesting challenge for the design and the audio team – actually, the audio that comes out of it was one of the team's later additions. But I think it's the one that I personally think works the best and really does add to the experience to make it a bit more immersive, and adds to the flow, which is always what we're trying to do."

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Pre-ordered and preloaded the Deluxe Edition on Switch. Performance looks good enough for me though I wouldn't mind updates ironing things out a bit if at all possible, but I imagine it's doing the best it can with the aged spec.

If my past with OlliOlli 1 and 2 is anything to go by, I'll be playing this on and off for YEARS to come. I've still been playing those games on my Vita from time to time, and from what I've seen, World has such an appealing new art style and approach that seems very poised to keep me even more in love with it over the long haul.

I will probably double dip on Steam Deck and if it runs well which I imagine it will, more concerned pre-release about compatibility. Also probably wait for a sale since I'm already in on one version. PS5 is tempting too but I hope maybe a demo comes out so I can see if the Dual Sense features are worth it -- if not a deep, deep sale in the distant future probably nets me the Xbox Series version.

Can't wait to unlock this game and start a whole new OlliOlli career!

Last edited:

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Planning to pick this up this week, but having an impossible time choosing between the Switch and Series X version. Feel like I'll play it more on Switch. OlliOlli 2 was my most played PS4 game, absolutely adore it.

Oct 25, 2017
The game plays really well in docked mode. It looks fantastic on that OLED. I made a quick Gameplay video over here.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll probably go in on the PS5 version. Has any reviews mentioned the quality of the Dualsense feedback?
I've threadmarked the dualsense stuff, and I've found feedback from a couple of reviews.

Gamesradar review (Josh West)

The controls and mechanics are masterfully executed, however I should say that I found the PS5 DualSense controller to be an infrequently ill-fit for the speed and precision required; my fingers oftentimes slipping from the sticks and onto the touchpad or PS button, pausing the game and disrupting my leaderboard-beating flow. And then there's that difficulty curve to consider for the times where you can't blame the DualSense for failed runs – OlliOlli World is more accessible than its predecessors, but the challenge won't be for everyone.​
Daily Star review (Tom Hutchinson)
Shoutout to the brilliant use of the controller's speaker in the PS5 DualSense. It gives you all the board skating and scraping sounds directly in your hands and makes you feel like you're in the heart of the action.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Planning to pick this up this week, but having an impossible time choosing between the Switch and Series X version. Feel like I'll play it more on Switch. OlliOlli 2 was my most played PS4 game, absolutely adore it.

Both lol

One for the big screen and the other one portable.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the best DualSense integration I've played yet, specifically the speaker.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I can find and what messofanego posted above, it seems the one notable thing is that it has a lot of sounds coming out of the controller speaker. Which is cool, I do like speaker integration, but it doesn't seem like it has heavy use of the haptic rumble or adaptive triggers, and that other review saying they struggled with the Dualsense in later levels is kind of making me think I'd rather play it on a Series X controller. Helps that the NZ trick is easier to do on Xbox because it doesn't require me to try to dig up the old NZ PSN account I made years ago.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
im so excited to play this! The more i see of it the more impressed i am with the improvements upon the older games

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I can find and what messofanego posted above, it seems the one notable thing is that it has a lot of sounds coming out of the controller speaker. Which is cool, I do like speaker integration, but it doesn't seem like it has heavy use of the haptic rumble or adaptive triggers, and that other review saying they struggled with the Dualsense in later levels is kind of making me think I'd rather play it on a Series X controller. Helps that the NZ trick is easier to do on Xbox because it doesn't require me to try to dig up the old NZ PSN account I made years ago.
I thought the haptics were great. No real trigger usage in the controls on any console, hence lack of that on PS5.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
ah exactly, yeah there is sound coming from the controller. Pretty neat. But it's all about reflexes. So adaptive triggers might intervene here and annoy you

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
ah exactly, yeah there is sound coming from the controller. Pretty neat. But it's all about reflexes. So adaptive triggers might intervene here and annoy you
Ah does it use adaptive triggers? I'm trying to remember whether the first two games even used the triggers at all but I can't remember.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Was also debating whether to get this on Switch or PS5 and now pre-ordered on the latter, because trophies might give me some additional motivation to keep playing once I've finished the main path. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this at midnight.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Ah does it use adaptive triggers? I'm trying to remember whether the first two games even used the triggers at all but I can't remember.
It does not
Was also debating whether to get this on Switch or PS5 and now pre-ordered on the latter, because trophies might give me some additional motivation to keep playing once I've finished the main path. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this at midnight.
I'd go with PS5 due 120hz