• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Cracked 1.2 million on a couple levels in the first world (Salty Shore and another one whose name isn't coming to me). Finally got my groove back from years ago when I played Olli Olli 2. This is really a great, great game. Love the aesthetic, music, gameplay, and generally everything about it. I imagine this will be in my top five games of the year come December.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cracked 1.2 million on a couple levels in the first world (Salty Shore and another one whose name isn't coming to me). Finally got my groove back from years ago when I played Olli Olli 2. This is really a great, great game. Love the aesthetic, music, gameplay, and generally everything about it. I imagine this will be in my top five games of the year come December.
Big praise but yes I can see this being a GOTY contender!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
so satisfying :

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
The side missions in the last world are pretty great. First one makes you get a 13 combo just from one rail grind without using grabs or spins, basically forcing you to use late tricks a couple of times.

Second one is the Danny Trejo level and was a lot of fun to complete:

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
currently 7th in the world on the salty store haha, me and my friend keep trading scores on the first world, i'm only a few levels into biome 2! this game rules

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
sketchside is quite a huge difficulty jump. i'm at bingo lagoon and the top local hero score of 1.6 million is painful haha. i was trying a couple hours yesterday to get it without the second mike high-five but could only get to 1.4. so i guess you have to go the full route in one combo, which is not going to be easy lol. that last lap for the second high-five is really difficult

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
Does this have the same controls as OlliOlli 2? I really want to like it but the controls just don't click with me

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Finished the game today, really fun and a great vibe but never quite goes as far as I would've liked it to. Maybe it's my fault for using the checkpoints, but I'm not really that interested in going back for high scores and things. Enjoyed playing it through though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone noticed anything odd about the Mastery section?

In the corner it says 17/25 (25) for me. That's the count of completed masteries, right? But actually looking through the tabs, I'm at 13.

Edit: And I just completed another mastery and the count jumped to 19.

Last edited:

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
The local Heroes start to get insane at the end of Sketchside. My Thumb hurts. I really want to get 100% but I'm scared of the last Biome now. I'm not sure, maybe I will just skip the heroes.

Great game though!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I've barely started this, but I'm in love. Immediately felt right at home after not having played either of the previous games in a loooong time.

Rufio

Oct 27, 2017
I have this issue as well... Everytime I pick up the game I have to remember A doesn't JUMP. Flicking the stick is extremely counter-intuitive to me, even after playing a few hours I still make this mistake in the heat of the moment. I can't be the only one used to Tony Hawk Pro Skater's controls... I also feel like triggers and shoulder buttons are really under-used for this kind of game?

The lack of control schemes options means I most likely won't finish the game, it's too frustrating at the moment.

I'm going to keep trying myself, thinking it would go better. I would maybe enjoyed the ability to switch the stick controls around considering I feel much more accurate with my right hand.

A few options here and there wouldn't be a bad idea. Because the game is so fast and I'm prone to panicking and stressing my inputs also suffer so advanced tricks are usually just accidental inputs instead of calculated moves.

This is where i'm at as well. I mean, whats the harm in letting us map buttons. The game is cool but until a mod or changing buttons is allowed, i'll just add it to the backlog. Aint got time to stress over unintuitive controls.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
after probably nearly five hours of trying i finally beat the bingo lagoon local heroes. got 1.86 mill which was enough to land me in the top 100 for the level

they went quite overboard with this difficulty jump haha

Jan 13, 2022
after probably nearly five hours of trying i finally beat the bingo lagoon local heroes. got 1.86 mill which was enough to land me in the top 100 for the level

they went quite overboard with this difficulty jump haha

I love stuff like this where casual people can beat the game with some decent challenge, but there's entirely optional stuff for people who want a serious challenge.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Just did the 100 multiplier and land it, 1million points combo and the optional level with perfect landing and grinds.

Now to try and to some more score starting in the fourth map to unlock the hero level.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love stuff like this where casual people can beat the game with some decent challenge, but there's entirely optional stuff for people who want a serious challenge.
they went pretty nuts with the harder score challenges in this game. i remember thinking they were difficult towards the end of 2, but they upped the difficulty a notch further here, and earlier in the game too

Kubuh

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Took a while for the muscle memory to return from the OlliOlli 2 days but when the run just clicks it's such a great feeling.

PhDEhRL.jpg

Jan 13, 2022
Holy shit some of you are good. I've been doing every challenge and beating every legend before moving on, so I'm about halfway through biome 4, but now it's stepped up to a crazy level for me. I think I'll have to put that strategy on hold and come back. Haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Holy shit some of you are good. I've been doing every challenge and beating every legend before moving on, so I'm about halfway through biome 4, but now it's stepped up to a crazy level for me. I think I'll have to put that strategy on hold and come back. Haha.
i'm almost finished with world 4, but yeah world 4 is a huge difficulty spike for local heroes. especially 2 consecutive levels in the middle of world 4, then it eases up a little bit for the last few

bdiddy82

Nov 5, 2018
I was a HUGE fan of trials back in the day, would you guys recommend this for someone not super into skateboarding, but enjoys racing/challenges/high score running?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I have a turtle on my head so I'm not sure if I should even bother to keep playing. It can't get better from here.

Got first in the first league I tried, is the streak counter on the bottom for first place finishes or just promotions?

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I have a turtle on my head so I'm not sure if I should even bother to keep playing. It can't get better from here.

Got first in the first league I tried, is the streak counter on the bottom for first place finishes or just promotions?
Seems to be the number of promotions in a row. I had hit 7 but got demoted yesterday and it went all the way back to 0. Getting the rewards for the 9th streak is going to be a crapshoot.

Jan 13, 2022

Promotions.

I'm in first on gold III with 2 hours left and hopefully I'll hold on because that will complete the full streak.

Also have 100%ed the first 4 biomes except for one pesky high score in biome 4. About to move on to Las Vulgas.

I've already put like 40 hours in between the single-player and leagues. Love love love this game.

Got 1/2 for $2 on the eshop, so I'll have to try those out some day too.

Jan 13, 2022
Seems to be the number of promotions in a row. I had hit 7 but got demoted yesterday and it went all the way back to 0. Getting the rewards for the 9th streak is going to be a crapshoot.

I moved into promotion zone with 4 minutes left yesterday to get to 8. I danced around celebrating haha. I was in the relegation zone too, not just staying in place.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i got my ninth consecutive promotion with the score i set yesterday. also, i managed to finish first twice in a row, which was nice, but not likely to happen again now that i'm in some of the higher tiers

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Grabbed this on Switch a bit ago. Wanted something good for pick up and play/short bursts after finishing up the story in Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. Will be busy with Horizon, GT7 and other things for a while so this will be great to play around those and when out and about.

Loved the little I played so far! Love the new art style and it looks amazing on the OLED Switch screen.

Jan 13, 2022
Grabbed this on Switch a bit ago. Wanted something good for pick up and play/short bursts after finishing up the story in Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. Will be busy with Horizon, GT7 and other things for a while so this will be great to play around those and when out and about.

Loved the little I played so far! Love the new art style and it looks amazing on the OLED Switch screen.

It seems a little simple at first, but the skill ceiling seems crazy high. The courses get crazy too as it goes on. Point is if you liked the very beginning, you'll love where it goes from there.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
It seems a little simple at first, but the skill ceiling seems crazy high. The courses get crazy too as it goes on. Point is if you liked the very beginning, you'll love where it goes from there.

I played a fair bit of the first 2 Olli Olli games on Vita so I know it's something I'll dig. :D Liking it more than those so far.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Does perfectly landing manuals get harder the further in to the map you get? I'm in the fourth area and one of my challenges is to perfectly land every manual in the combo and I can't even get one let alone 3 in a row. Legitimately didn't have this issue earlier in the game.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I'm still having a great time with this! I'm most way through the third area of levels. I've been trying to at least do the complete without checkpoint challenge before moving on to the next level. I try to do all challenges, but some are pretty frustrating or hard to figure out exactly what to do and I'd rather move on than get annoyed. Can always go back and do more challenges after finishing up all levels—if I make it through them all.

On that front, while it's been a long time since I played the first 2 games, they seem to have balanced this way better with it being easier to progress through levels with a lot of the high skill ceiling stuff needed for challenges to unlock cosmetics. I think I got stuck in the first 2 games and levels I couldn't hit a score needed to progress.

It does get a little crazy to wrap your head around everything once you have spins, grabs, manuals etc. added in, but so far I haven't had to master it all at once to progress.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to see which tricks I'm still missing? My guess is it must be one of the special grinds, but they are a bit obtuse to me.
Do I get this right, that I can only ever go into one special grind, depending on how I landed on the rail? So I basically have to switch stances (not sure how to do that easily), rotate a certain amount, land a certain basic grind and only then can I do a specific special grind?
That's hard to keep track off lol

edit: Just did it. You don't have to do the special grinds for this achievement, I was just missing one trick with a weird input (backfoot flip).

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game on a whim a few days ago, after reading some very positive impressions. I like it so far, but I think it lacks some tutorials or a practice area for complete newcomers like myself. I'm not far into the game yet, just did the first wallrun mission. Like, there's sequences I have to repeat a dozen times, mostly because I didn't make a jump, because I probably didn't manage to get enough speed or used the tricks at the wrong time. I beat those levels eventually, but it was always more luck than knowing what I did wrong.
The game would have profited tremendously from a training mode where I can just freely practice tricks and movement.

I'll also agree that for a game that has such an amazing art direction the picture on the Switch's home screen feels like a big miss. Would have loved one of the colorful artworks there.

Last edited: