• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Reyes a bonehead?

• Yes

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if OPLA would have benefited much from a weekly release.

Too many assumptions, overreactions and biases would have plagued the discourse even more than what we saw.

Oct 27, 2017
Yall know what has me fucked up today? I just realised we don't know where the name "One Piece" comes from in-universe. Roger didn't call it that before he was killed, but somehow everyone knows it by that name. Is this just a small conceit Oda has constructed so he can use the title or is this another "We still don't know Luffy's TRUE dream" thing?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yall know what has me fucked up today? I just realised we don't know where the name "One Piece" comes from in-universe. Roger didn't call it that before he was killed, but somehow everyone knows it by that name. Is this just a small conceit Oda has constructed so he can use the title or is this another "We still don't know Luffy's TRUE dream" thing?
Oden says the name "One Piece" spread around the world after news that Roger discovered a great treasure became well known. I don't think there's more to it than that, but obviously nobody would know but Oda.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I did not think about this till now and it's fucking with my head

Oct 27, 2017
Oden says the name "One Piece" spread around the world after news that Roger discovered a great treasure became well known. I don't think there's more to it than that, but obviously nobody would know but Oda.
It very well could be nothing but the fact it's never been brought up has me tripping, why not just have Roger call it that or something? It almost seems intentional by Oda to have Roger not name the treasure but for everyone to know it by a very specific name. Could just be because Oda really wanted it to be called that I guess but I can't stop wondering

I did not think about this till now and it's fucking with my head
Dawg who tf spread that name for it and for what reason was it called that?

Oct 25, 2017
It very well could be nothing but the fact it's never been brought up has me tripping, why not just have Roger call it that or something? It almost seems intentional by Oda to have Roger not name the treasure but for everyone to know it by a very specific name. Could just be because Oda really wanted it to be called that I guess but I can't stop wondering

Dawg who tf spread that name for it and for what reason was it called that?
the 4kids Roger line of, "I left it all in ONE PIECE" will always remain my canon explanation despite the inaccurate lines.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
My headcanon is that it comes from a phrase like:
"You can be wealthy, famous, and powerful but to be the Pirate King you still need the one piece of treasure that only Roger had."

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZffKAfja5gM

"Despicable!" The dub team is having way too much fun with this and I'm all for it.
"You can be wealthy, famous, and powerful but to be the Pirate King you still need the one piece of treasure that only Roger had."
That's a good theory
A big line made up by a media mogul. Possibly Morgans (since he's been reporting the BIG NEWS since God Valley).

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I always thought the crowd (or whoever would spread the word) misheard "I left everything in that one place" but idk if the japanese text could work that way so I'm probably headcanoning

Nah

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I wonder how small Laugh Tale is that nobody seems to be able to stumble upon it by accident.

Oct 26, 2017

But didn't they start calling it The One Piece after Roger went there and he was still alive?
I don't think it really matters who started it. It just sort of stuck. lol

I wonder how small Laugh Tale is that nobody seems to be able to stumble upon it by accident.

The One Piece world is many times bigger than our own and there's probably some phenomena that gets the island even more unreachable.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Y'all know the comments for the Fallout show were wild when Todd Howard (and others) came out to do the full "yes the games we didn't make are still canon, and just because two events happen in the same year. Does not mean the events happen at the same time." style interview.