• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Reyes a bonehead?

• Yes

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Still reading manga at downtime during work. Think after I read Dr. Slump I'm gonna read Undead Unluck (from the beginning, not just where the anime left off) Cantaim

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Still reading manga at downtime during work. Think after I read Dr. Slump I'm gonna read Undead Unluck (from the beginning, not just where the anime left off) Cantaim
Let's gooo! Truthfully reading the manga from the start after watching the anime might be helpful too. The pacing shit the bed so hard towards the last 8-10 episodes it might be for the best to read some of the material just to know how it actually played out. But have fun when you pick it up again! One of those fun rides where you just can't predict what the hell the next arc is gonna do.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Let's gooo! Truthfully reading the manga from the start after watching the anime might be helpful too. The pacing shit the bed so hard towards the last 8-10 episodes it might be for the best to read some of the material just to know how it actually played out. But have fun when you pick it up again! One of those fun rides where you just can't predict what the hell the next arc is gonna do.
Yeah, I definitely felt the second cour's pacing was wonky and despite enjoying the anime, some things didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me towards the end. I'm generally a believer of reading manga from the beginning vs jumping in midway, but also here so I feel I can grasp some finer details a bit more lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Yeah, I definitely felt the second cour's pacing was wonky and despite enjoying the anime, some things didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me towards the end. I'm generally a believer of reading manga from the beginning vs jumping in midway, but also here so I feel I can grasp some finer details a bit more lol
I'm really hopeful that a second season doesn't run into the same issues. Things get batshit in what the second season will cover and the anime slowing down and doing lots of flashbacks really will not help things remain clear.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
The... white bellied kind?
20240418_112631.jpg

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Entertainment and television is likely too fractured nowadays to have another megahit like Stranger Things. One Piece was also greenlit during the tail end of the streaming goldrush and with the current state of the industry, so I'm not so sure it's going to have much more than a couple of seasons in it.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Just went out to a hostess club with the Sumo boys, taught them what "Thicc" means, then indoctrinated them into the One Piece English Dub cult.

So it's been a fun day/night.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate this feud between rappers lately because I've revisited GKMC and Money Trees is still a 10/10 song.

10/10 album.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Entertainment and television is likely too fractured nowadays to have another megahit like Stranger Things. One Piece was also greenlit during the tail end of the streaming goldrush and with the current state of the industry, so I'm not so sure it's going to have much more than a couple of seasons in it.
One Piece is a hard one to peg as unlike something like Cowboy Bebop. There are a lot more hands in the pot for producing the show. So the buck doesn't entirely stop with Netflix.
Just went out to a hostess club with the Sumo boys, taught them what "Thicc" means, then indoctrinated them into the One Piece English Dub cult.

So it's been a fun day/night.
We always take more dub watchers around here

3 Body Problem will be renewed....right?
I would brace for bad news as last I checked it was doing worse than sandman and that barely got to renewal.

Oct 26, 2017

Netflix is still the top dog, for better or worse.
If the quality is high and Netflix keeps getting new subs in regions they are trying to grow in, I can't see a reason not to continue unless the ever-increasing scope starts to become unsustainable.

3 Body Problem will be renewed....right?
I keep forgetting that came out recently. So...ummm...that's not a good sign.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
One Piece is a hard one to peg as unlike something like Cowboy Bebop. There are a lot more hands in the pot for producing the show. So the buck doesn't entirely stop with Netflix.
That's true but I think they would have a hard time shopping around the show to other distributors. Right now streamers are being very conservative with what they greenlight as belts are tightening and the fed interest hike is being felt. At any rate, the path forward for the series after Alabasta is fairly unclear so I'll be curious what they do.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I love Hiroya Ishimaru's voice (Because Taro) but man does he sound strained in some of his Oden stuff. Especially going back to it after getting used to Robbie Daymond.

I hope he's enjoying retirement.

(I don't think it's a bad performance or anything like that. Still easily one of the coolest casting choices One Piece has ever made.)

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
That's true but I think they would have a hard time shopping around the show to other distributors. Right now streamers are being very conservative with what they greenlight as belts are tightening and the fed interest hike is being felt. At any rate, the path forward for the series after Alabasta is fairly unclear so I'll be curious what they do.
On paper it should be that scary for it. The hardest thing Netflix is clamping down on is green lighting new shows with high budgets. Established hits are in a weird exception limbo since they've proven their value as long as they can keep going on that level Netflix won't blink. But like you I am extremely curious what the plan is after alabasta in season 2. I don't think I've seen a single One Piece fan agree with what they should do with the story after that point. I'm really curious what the LA chooses to do.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
On paper it should be that scary for it. The hardest thing Netflix is clamping down on is green lighting new shows with high budgets. Established hits are in a weird exception limbo since they've proven their value as long as they can keep going on that level Netflix won't blink. But like you I am extremely curious what the plan is after alabasta in season 2. I don't think I've seen a single One Piece fan agree with what they should do with the story after that point. I'm really curious what the LA chooses to do.
My galaxy brain take is to pull thriller bark forward and merge it with skypeia for season 3. Water 7/Enies Lobby becomes season 4.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
My galaxy brain take is to pull thriller bark forward and merge it with skypeia for season 3. Water 7/Enies Lobby becomes season 4.
Personally I would try and do something like what you suggested. I know people want Skypeia to be over asap to get to Water 7. But if they can thread the needle and get a season 4 that's Water 7 and Enies Lobby it would be damn good.

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
If you squint your eyes a bit the Halo show feels more like a half-hearted Mass Effect show than a Halo show

I'd be so down.