Is Reyes a bonehead?

• Yes

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Next chapter better be the end for Vegapunk's message. Shit is taking too long. While it's cool, I'm ready for what comes next.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
You just described stalling with the heavy dose of reaction shots we've been getting. Speed this shit up bro.

The reaction shots have a huge amount of text going on while VP saying stuff in this chapter .
That shit much better that just dumping loads and loads of text on screen and just seeing VP face.
Most of the chapter is just VP saying info while we see it in differnt back grounds aside from stussy part.
That not stalling if you see Vivi and while seeing her have VP full screen with info .

Next chapter better be the end for Vegapunk's message. Shit is taking too long. While it's cool, I'm ready for what comes next.

It's been 2 chapters and this is biggest event in OP world history since the VC and biggest world lore drop in the series .
It's not been that long lol .

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
What part is Oda supposed to speed up exactly? Like should he just be dumping two paragraphs worth of text into every speech bubble?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is cooking like crazy, I can't imagine reading this chapter and this is your reaction to it.
It's like this scene in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs:
Flint: The machine uses a principle hydro-genetic mutation. Water molecules are bombarded with microwave radiation which mutates their genetic recipe into any kind of food you want.
Sam: So… pizza?
Flint: Yes.
Sam: Mashed potatoes?
Sam: Peas?
Flint: Yes, that's also a food.
Sam: Steak?
Sam: Apples?
Flint: Mm-hmm.
Sam: Apple sauce?
Sam: Can you do BLT?
Flint: I'm pretty sure I said any kind of food.
Sam: Chicken wings?
Flint: Okay, well, just think about what you're saying and if it's a food, then yes it can.
Sam: Bologna.
Flint: Bologna. That is a food.
Sam: [gasps] How about Jell-O?
It's been established for multiple chapters now that everyone in the world is listening/watching. And still this week, there are ~20 panels (I roughly counted) of cuts to random people around the world reacting to Vegapunk's message.

"Okay, well, just think about what you're saying and if they're alive, then yes they're listening" lol

Oct 26, 2017
I can understand Dougieflesh 's frustration. I feel it too.

But the multiple breaks can make it easy to forget that Vegapunk's message didn't really start until the middle of two chapters ago.

Can you imagine how different this would be if One Piece was monthly and we got 40 pages to read all at once?

Franky D Tank

May 15, 2024
I can understand the frustration with the pacing a little bit. With the break Oda had starting in March, and since his return having chapter, break, chapter, break, it can make everything seem so much slower. Thankfully, we at least have a chapter again next week, and hopefully the week after that.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
It's like this scene in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs:

It's been established for multiple chapters now that everyone in the world is listening/watching. And still this week, there are ~20 panels (I roughly counted) of cuts to random people around the world reacting to Vegapunk's message.

"Okay, well, just think about what you're saying and if they're alive, then yes they're listening" lol

Cutting to people don't matter when screen full of text of what VP saying .
We see Vivi the screen full of VP text , we see the elders the screen full of VP text , we other things screen full of VP text .
Like the stussy part of the chapter that not full of VP text aside from few panels .

Can you imagine how different this would be if One Piece was monthly and we got 40 pages to read all at once?

I don't think being monthly would change much just read the last 2 chapters back to back .
This the biggest event in OP world since VC and Oda stressing on that while he full screen with text from VP and we see other people.

No one should every do it the HxH way even more so for event like this and what it mean to the story and world lol .

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Nor will he. The man can't say which side is right and wrong, nor about 'that person'. He will do no such thing.
Either way, the World Government has been lying to the entire world and is the current form of the Alliance that defeated this advanced civilization.
People will revolt if they don't get the actual truth of what happened from the Government.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
For more reactions there's
-the other Yonkou
-the Admirals
-Sword
-Hancock
-Marco and Ms.Buckingham
-Law
-Capone
-Urouge
-Apoo
-Perona and Gecko

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I don't think the pacing is too bad, it's a little long but it's the biggest reveal in their world they've ever experienced. I think emphasizing it is EVERYONE listening shows how big of a deal this is.
The ass shots of Bonney in the anime is so uncomfortable
Yuuuuup and they are not shy about it either

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That the use of the weapon which destroyed Lulusia results in a sea level rise just mystifies me. Like, how does that work? There's probably a simple explanation that defies conventional logic but which will make sense as a phenomenon in the One Piece world. I wanna knooooow

Like, is the weapon creating water? Is water a byproduct of the weapon's use? Is the water being released from somewhere?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's been 2 chapters and this is biggest event in OP world history since the VC and biggest world lore drop in the series .
It's not been that long lol .
I don't need half a chapter of random characters reacting to Vegapunk's message, just give me a textbox saying everyone's reacting to it and move it along. Just save that for the anime. With all the stalling before the message and now the message itself having these characters react to it, nah, I'm ready to move on.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't need half a chapter of random characters reacting to Vegapunk's message, just give me a textbox saying everyone's reacting to it and move it along. Just save that for the anime. With all the stalling before the message and now the message itself having these characters react to it, nah, I'm ready to move on.
Tbf, without the characters it would probably just be Vegapunk or a white background

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

textbox is good way to kill any hype for the event.
When for the whole manga so far you have reactions to everything else but not biggest event since the VC would be crazy .
Also i don't see how we were getting stalling before the message.
I love seeing the elders showing off how strong they are after we see them for almost 2 decades.
That along with fact that we had so many people calling them weak or don't have coc or this and that.
If these the end game villains showing them off is fucking great .

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
If Oda didn't show a lot of reactions, people would just complain that we didn't see enough reactions to this world-shaking information.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Cutting to people don't matter when screen full of text of what VP saying .
We see Vivi the screen full of VP text , we see the elders the screen full of VP text , we other thing screen full of VP text .
Like the stussy part of the chapter that not full of VP text aside from few panels .

I don't think being monthly would change much just read the last 2 chapters back to back .
This biggest event in OP world since VC and Oda stressing on that while he full screen with text from VP and see other people.

I'm fine with it if it's Vegapunk speaking over the art, but you get pages/panels like pg 15 where it's all just random people going "wow 200m is crazy, no way"

It drags

convo

Oct 25, 2017
If Oda didn't show a lot of reactions, people would just complain that we didn't see enough reactions to this world-shaking information.
Seeing the casts reaction is what the last few decades have been leading up to, the whole world is affected and Oda loves every single corner of the world. The inevitable Void century flashback will have every ancestor of every character showing up and people won't be able to avoid it.

I don't fuck with the sorry losers who are here for the "tuff" battles. If they got nothing interesting to talk about than screaming and shitting their pants than just call lore piece fans a slur and get it over with.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with it if it's Vegapunk speaking over the art, but you get pages/panels like pg 15 where it's all just random people going "wow 200m is crazy, no way"

It drags

I tell you this now that is needed to stress how crazy 200 meters is not only for the OP world but for the readers.
Which why we get it compare to battle ships and a mountain to give it some more height and how massive it is .
I was seeing people online saying 200 meters not much or that don't seem like a big deal or it really should not effect much .
If the seas level raise 200 meters in our world 4 billion people would died and that just from seas rising and not the after effects .

Last edited:

Franky D Tank

May 15, 2024
Yamato on the cover story with the goofy smile gives off Luffy vibes. Also, don't have time to look at every single cover page, but that layout and vibe feels very familiar to me, like there was another cover page where you had something similar to it. Probably just imagining things.

Really hoping that before this message gets cut off that that we get the name of the ancient civilization. Would be a great way to bridge this arc and Robin's flashback where professor Clover was cut off before he could say the name. Feels like that would be the last big piece of information we would get from the message.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the emperors' reactions will come last i'm sure, BB might change his plans again just to take advantage of the new chaos that will ensue, because whatever else Vegapunk got to say, a lot of folks won't be sitting around anymore. Maybe the Holy Knights will actually do something.
The most cracked thing Vegapunk can do is give the cipher for the Poneglyphs to everybody and it's a free for all for everyone to do with the information as they please.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Either way, the World Government has been lying to the entire world and is the current form of the Alliance that defeated this advanced civilization.
People will revolt if they don't get the actual truth of what happened from the Government.
Some will, and that's key with all these reaction shots we're getting. It drives home two crucial points:

1) This shit hits everything and everyone, everywhere. All the people we met, all the places we visited, all organizations that have been fleshed out over the years. It's not like a bounty upgrade or a shichibukai being defeated; everyone is 'targetted' by this news.
2) To show, well, their reactions. We have people believing Vegapunk, questioning Vegapunk, mocking Vegapunk but more crucially; we have that WITHIN the organizations. We have Celestial Dragons telling him to stfu, but then also that one shot of the lady CD shocked. We have Marines doubting, marines believing etc. etc. etc.

You simply cannot drive home the consequences of this news without showing this. People might not like it, it might feel a bit dragged (I certainly don't blame you if you feel that way), but it's such a needed sequence.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the emperors' reactions will come last i'm sure, BB might change his plans again just to take advantage of the new chaos that will ensue, because whatever else Vegapunk got to say, a lot of folks won't be sitting around anymore. Maybe the Holy Knights will actually do something.
The most cracked thing Vegapunk can do is give the cipher for the Poneglyphs to everybody and it's a free for all for everyone to do with the information as they please.

BB will 100% go for the AW now when get the info from caribou.
The info is saying get AW get control of the world.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Strange reactions to me. I haven't thought anything about Vegapunk's recording to be a drag and the reaction panels have been a lot of fun callbacks.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oda seem to trying to get rid of the Kid fans lol .
Still you have some Kid fans saying he going make grand return since that is what happen with SH after the fake SH .

Dude Toei turn on the horny with stussy times 100 in the anime.
Plus her dress don't look that much differnt from the manga .

Idk anything about dehornyfied considering there were like 5 or 6 ass shots of the girls in this episode alone lol
Yeah my bad I only meant Stussy's outfit since she has pants and made her sideboob under clothes

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll stop getting heated.
Mock town being shown twice is weird, maybe they'll get nuked or get swept in the waves next. If Imu and the Gorosei can get their hands on the motherflame for one more shot they'll use it on a big target i'd think. But they need more shots to drown everyone so i guess York will be around slaving away at the power plant once this is over.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The stalling goes even beyond reactions imo

''I can't make judgement of right or wrong since I'm not overly familiar with the matter but let me tell you something important about the blank period in history, this is known as the Void Century and it refers to a span of 100 years of lost history, during that centennial vacuum in our historical records two sides, which I won't confirm or deny who was right because I'm lacking familiarity with the matter...''

Still not as bad as the traditional Robin stall though since she will nonchalantly reveal she is up to date with all this stuff.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about when the void century gets its flashback, it would be the prequel to One Piece, call it "O Piece" as in Zero Piece because it's all about war.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The message being dragged out stands out when the rest of the arc has been well paced compared to the rest of the timeskip era. Hopefully it's not much longer.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
At end of the day along with reaction shots you got show people in world discussing the info .
Even if take up some panel time and make things longer .
You can't have world info that has been hidden for 800 years come out and don't show how it changing people mind set or them not discussing it .
There going to have fall out from this but from reaction we seeing i won't be surprise if most marines stay with WG for eg .

The message being dragged out stands out when the rest of the arc has been well paced compared to the rest of the timeskip era. Hopefully it's not much longer.

This is still well pace the message has been only 2 chapters.
The lead up to it has been 3 chapters which show off the elders .

Like there no way you can say that showing 4 characters off that we seen for decades 3 chapters and biggest lore drop in series last 2 chapters slow pacing .
There been slower pacing parts in this arc like when we trying to find out who traitor was or kuma getting there .

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
thelibraryofohara.com

Chapter Secrets – One Piece Chapter 1115 in-depth analysis

Video version: MORE cameos around the world On the cover, Yamato observes Hiyori making bento boxed lunches, while Toko is preparing onigiri with her hands. As a neat detail, one of the bento inclu…

Fittingly, this answers another mystery as well, as it was mentioned by Sengoku that Whitebeard's power has the power to "destroy the world". This terminology has only been used to refer to the ancient weapons, so Sengoku was comparing Whitebeard's power to one of the ancient weapons. Why? Well, now it makes perfect sense: Whitebeard was literally able to create earthquakes and tsunami, causing effects similar to those of Uranus. And now that power is in the hands of Blackbeard, someone who specifically planned to steal that power, and similarly seeks the ambition of attaining the world.

That is a good point/I wonder if Oda will show off more of Blackbeard's true strength as we get closer to the finale.