• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
capa%2B2.gif
Lol I miss whole cake man

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just got done watching a romance anime called Toradora and I swear I feel like every single time I give romance anime a shot, the guy/girl I'm rooting for always ends up getting their heartbroken. It's like they always try to make one character just so much better than everyone else and then make them end up alone. I can't take this shit anymore. So obviously next on my list is another romance show from the same creator

No but seriously it's like yo don't you dare be an energetic girl with actual personality and complex emotions because then it's guaranteed you'll fucking lose since you're name isn't in the title or...just because!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got done watching a romance anime called Toradora and I swear I feel like every single time I give romance anime a shot, the guy/girl I'm rooting for always ends up getting their heartbroken. It's like they always try to make one character just so much better than everyone else and then make them end up alone. I can't take this shit anymore. So obviously next on my list is another romance show from the same creator

Man, I enjoyed that back in the day, but in hindsight, it aged really, really poorly. Tora's whole trope is masked as her being ultimately endearing due to her stature and what not, but nah, she's just straight up abusive.

Reverie is suppose to last several days

Maybe kiado is defeated before it ends

Though I assume they were going somewhere with caribou

Reverie lasts one week, and Oda had made it exceedingly clear that everything will go down during the fire festival, which is two weeks from now. So one way or another, the Reverie is definitely ending before this arc ends, and somehow the Straw Hats will have to manage to not die during those two weeks. It makes sense anyhow, since the Marines have to come to Wano in order to pick up Kaido and co.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I enjoyed that back in the day, but in hindsight, it aged really, really poorly. Tora's whole trope is masked as her being ultimately endearing due to her stature and what not, but nah, she's just straight up abusive.

Reverie lasts one week, and Oda had made it exceedingly clear that everything will go down during the fire festival, which is two weeks from now. So one way or another, the Reverie is definitely ending before this arc ends, and somehow the Straw Hats will have to manage to not die during those two weeks. It makes sense anyhow, since the Marines have to come to Wano in order to pick up Kaido and co.

Ehhhh, you seriously think Kaido or Big Mom is going to jail after this arc? I don't see that at all.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, you seriously think Kaido or Big Mom is going to jail after this arc? I don't see that at all.

I dunno about Big Mom for a variety of reasons (Elbaf connection, semi-decent ruler of her country, etc.), but yes for Kaido. How else do you expect to make them leave Wano? You can't just leave them all there, especially someone as huge as Kaido. Otherwise they'll just do the exact same shit. It's not like Kaido has never been captured before, so it's not really difficult to picture here. Also we need the Marines/World Gov't to come to Wano, and see how the whole "open up the borders" thing plays out anyways.

Even if Kaido dies, that still leaves the rest of his crew to clean up.

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno about Big Mom for a variety of reasons (Elbaf connection, semi-decent ruler of her country, etc.), but yes for Kaido. How else do you expect to make them leave Wano? You can't just leave them all there, especially someone as huge as Kaido. Otherwise they'll just do the exact same shit. It's not like Kaido has never been captured before, so it's not really difficult to picture here. Also we need the Marines/World Gov't to come to Wano, and see how the whole "open up the borders" thing plays out anyways.

Even if Kaido dies, that still leaves the rest of his crew to clean up.
I don't see Wano joining the current World Government even if they open their borders.

Oct 25, 2017
Kaido is done all the yonkou still standing after it's all said and done would be ridiculous either they die or they go to impel down for at least two of them and if I had to see it happening to two it's kaido and Blackbeard(shanks dies from B.B.

Oct 25, 2017
*scopes the One Piece Wiki*
*see they use "Levely" instead of Reverie* Fucking seriously? I don't care what the romanization says, Reverie is actually a word.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Kaido is done all the yonkou still standing after it's all said and done would be ridiculous either they die or they go to impel down for at least two of them and if I had to see it happening to two it's kaido and Blackbeard(shanks dies from B.B.

How are impel down suppose to hold a Yonkou? They better be building a new supermax prison, Magalhães ain't ready for that job.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
There are very few occasions where I feel the need to come in here and actually praise OP whenever something happens, so let me take this opportunity to say that Kaido's dragon design is pretty okay.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are very few occasions where I feel the need to come in here and actually praise OP whenever something happens, so let me take this opportunity to say that Kaido's dragon design is pretty okay.

The last time was Sulong Carrot guys. Veelk loves Sulong Carrot.

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

I'm interested to see what it looks like in color. I feel like the simplicity of the black and white really works for it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The last time was Sulong Carrot guys. Veelk loves Sulong Carrot.
Yeah, but Kaido will actually do cool shit with his dragon form. Sulong Carrot is relegated to taking out random mooks.

Speaking of Carrot, can she be considered Strawhat-in-spirit now? She's hung out with them for a full arc and now is going to do the same with the next one. She's atleast got that Vivi Tenure, right?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I really am interested in what exactly Kaido and many of his crew are (the ones w/ the black horns)

I thought the black horns were fake accessories because Sheepshead didn't have them when he fight against Sanji. But it looks like the big hair hide them because he had them again later when he was hanged in chains by Jack.

Yeah I'm curious about that too, Holden didn't have them so maybe it not related to the artificial zoan.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Also, another thing I find interesting is that Kaido's crew is the closest the series comes to having some body horror shit going on. The fake zoan fruits have the animal parts coming out of areas that don't really make a lot of sense. Some of it is played for comedy, like the lion punching the dude he's attached to in the dick, but their designs feel like they are meant to be disturbing with how unnatural they are.

Oct 26, 2017
Also, another thing I find interesting is that Kaido's crew is the closest the series comes to having some body horror shit going on. The fake zoan fruits have the animal parts coming out of areas that don't really make a lot of sense. Some of it is played for comedy, like the lion punching the dude he's attached to in the dick, but their designs feel like they are meant to be disturbing with how unnatural they are.
I feel like the expectations were for the crew to be straightforward zoans. You know, lion zoan, tiger zoan, etc.

Having this weird body horror stuff, albeit a bit comedic at times, is a unique twist to the whole beast pirate theme. More than just being animals, the crew is made up of unnatural monsters.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that all the horns people wore in Impel Down were fake as well.

Because they were all laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I thought the black horns were fake accessories because Sheepshead didn't have them when he fight against Sanji. But it looks like the big hair hide them because he had them again later when he was hanged in chains by Jack.

Yeah I'm curious about that too, Holden didn't have them so maybe it not related to the artificial zoan.

Yea, if all of them had it, I could chalk it up to being a fashion choice. But some do, and some don't, which makes me suspicious.

Someone had a snake coming from their private area.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Thread is coming to an end and I'm reminiscing. Specifically about how I thought the reverie was over and Oda was not going to pan right back to it right after Wano. It feels good to know that the two weeks till the operation start make that just about impossible. We either getting it told via bits and pieces or someone is gonna have to give the Straw Hats the low down. My money is on bits and pieces.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

No but seriously it's like yo don't you dare be an energetic girl with actual personality and complex emotions because then it's guaranteed you'll fucking lose since you're name isn't in the title or...just because!
oh hey I remember that show. Was the nail in the coffin and made me take a look into Shojo stuff since I'm a sucker for romance stories and Toradora was not even close to entertaining for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.