• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what, why tho?

Its not even like way too out there to be real its the opposite its too nothing for that to need to be a wish

It barely even gets acknowledged at all that he smokes lol

Its literally just because of the part where she takes out the cigarette from his mouth lol

Before it was confirmed in 902 that they (obviously) kissed, yea, some people joked about it, while some were actually dead serious...

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you guys ever see a character in the manga and think they had different hair color before they were shown in a colored picture?
I meant more regarding the morality of Zoro's situation. Like yea, from the readers' perspective, pretty much none of us have an issue with Zoro keeping Shusui. He earned it, he's a pirate who doesn't have to give a fuck about it anyways, etc., so there's no real issue there.

But at the same time, the people of Wano obviously don't see that way. Even if you could actually convince any of them regarding the events of Thriller Bark that allowed Zoro to own Shusui (Good luck with that), it still wouldn't change the fact that the sword was still wrongfully stolen. Even Zoro kind of muddles the main counterargument he could use, that Ryuma gave it to him, due to Moriah's powers making it a little dubious regarding how much of Ryuma was truly left in the revived corpse. So that realistically wouldn't convince them anyhow, though again, they'd never believe it.

If we assume that the only way to convince them to let it go (Regardless of how Zoro feels, they need to be ultimately okay with it) is through Zoro's feats this arc, then I'm not sure what Oda has in store for Zoro there. Considering how important the sword is, how Ryuma's apparently known as the "Sword God", etc., honestly it feels like the sword should be far too important to them regardless of what Zoro does in Wano. Even more so now that Ryuma's body is no longer there, so the sword is pretty much the only thing they have to remember him by. Objectively, the morally right thing to do is to give it back, but would Zoro ever be convinced to do that?

Though I guess Oda could make it so that Momo says its all good as the new Shogun, or something even crazier like Zoro being Ryuma's descendant somehow to partly justify it, but eh to both of those, at least at this point in time.
I think another thing to note about the samurai is that they are about honor. There could very well be a moment where Zoro shows his "honor" as a sword fighter that impresses them to the extent they deem him worthy to carry on the sword's legacy.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys ever see a character in the manga and think they had different hair color before they were shown in a colored picture?

I think another thing to note about the samurai is that they are about honor. There could very well be a moment where Zoro shows his "honor" as a sword fighter that impresses them to the extent they deem him worthy to carry on the sword's legacy.
Whole cake island and wano

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

All the damn time, with Germa 66 (all blond, nope), Katakuri (black hair, nope), and now Komurasaki (black hair, nope) being the biggest recent examples of this.

Oh, and Kaido's dragon form too.

That's what I mean by feats. I don't know what would realistically impress them enough to go through with that, but we'll see.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All the damn time, with Germa 66 (all blond, nope), Katakuri (black hair, nope), and now Komurasaki (black hair, nope) being the biggest recent examples of this.

Oh, and Kaido's dragon form too.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought they were all blonde. Though in hindsight the colors did make them little more interesting.

Have not seen Kaido's Dragon in color yet though. :thonking:

That's what I mean by feats. I don't know what would realistically impress them enough to go through with that, but we'll see.
Yeah I figured I just wondered if "honor" might make the situation more believable. Guess we'll see!

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
uiEa6g9z_400x400.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

csoyqbietxd21.png

DyUVf1iX4AAgeMY.jpg

f47fd498a9082f776643400503f775bd.jpg

Yeah boiiiii

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Better than Toyataro's Goku 🚶🏽‍♂️

Also, I really want to punch Oda's Goku for some reason 😂

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More Vivre Card tidbits:

- Killer's role within Kid's crew is apparently just a combatant. Despite his "Massacre Warrior" epithet, he's the most sensible Kid Pirate, and is the one in charge of things that require thinking within the crew. It was actually his plan to form alliances. (That makes so much sense) And for those who don't already know, he is childhood friends with Kid.

- Benn Beckman is confirmed to be the vice-captain of the Red Hair Pirates. He's the "anchor" of the crew. He also "rivals" Shanks, take that how you will.

- Yasopp's epithet is "Chaser"

Oct 25, 2017
Kidd was probably thinking of running up on a Yonkou solo lol.

Yassop title comes from his shots basically "chasing" you down?

Cool stuff on Ben too. I want to see him in some real action.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not much of a theory but for me I've wondered if Raleigh is actually stronger than Gol D Roger in their prime? Sure he's first mate but that was kinda the vibe I got from him.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Not much of a theory but for me I've wondered if Raleigh is actually stronger than Gol D Roger in their prime? Sure he's first mate but that was kinda the vibe I got from him.

Nah not chance, this is a shonen. What captain have been weaker than the crew?

Tbf Kizaru doesn't give a fuck about anyone. Man was ready to invade Wano solo after Big Mom said she was going there. Akainu had to interrupt and say 'relaaaax Borsalino'. You gotta love that troll

True, but man that move on Benn was so trollish lol total disrespect

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah not chance, this is a shonen. What captain have been weaker than the crew?

True, but man that move on Benn was so trollish lol total disrespect
Well not a pirate but Garp seems stronger than his peers in his prime. Sure that was because of his own choice to not accept the admiral status, but Rayleigh doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would want to be captain per se. I think that's why I think he might've been.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Rayleigh and Roger were probably on par with each other, with Roger winning out due to his refusal to back down to anyone.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Well not a pirate but Garp seems stronger than his peers in his prime. Sure that was because of his own choice to not accept the admiral status, but Rayleigh doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would want to be captain per se. I think that's why I think he might've been.

During Garp prime there was also Sengoku so you can't say for certain .
Truth is we don't really had that much info about back then .

Rayleigh and Roger were probably on par with each other, with Roger winning out due to his refusal to back down to anyone.

I think people forget that Roger was sick when he conquer GL .
Really he had to be true monster .
Would love to see some chapters of them back in the day .

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Doubt it, at best he's an equal.

Not even Mihawk could cut that man, truly a "beast" :P

*all hail Buggy-sama*

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Late but just read the chapter finally...DAAAAAAAAAMN

ZORO FREAKIN

TOOK THE STAB

THEN

TOOK THE SCYTHE

FUCKED THAT DUDE UP

What a badass lol. Hype chapter.

I also take it this guy is a Shishio reference? More badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.