• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Oda doesn't last too long explaining everything that happened to Oden, I'm sincerely more interested in the present.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
kind of felt like we didn't need to see a good bit of the first half of the chapter but I'm glad we are getting into the Oden goods.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Read the chapter.

Now to see if the DLC gets unlocked next chapter.

Adding more to this:

- God I really missed Straw Hats just being Straw Hats. Brook is really about to lock down best dressed two arcs in a row between Whole Cake and this Wano armor look. Luffy, Chopper, and Carrot (!!!) all also indulging in the moment is great and totally appreciated. Zoro and Sanji's quick interaction is fantastic too, I appreciate the reuse of Wano Cliff™in this gag too. One part of me is really excited to see how all of this stuff plays out, especially with Orochi showing some genuine competency, but bombing the Sunny after Bad End Musical feels like a gigantic neon sign that reads "LUL".

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha so there really wasn't a traitor among the main group. Damn we got all worked up for nothing lol

i cant believe he destroyed Sunny Go too!!! Wth

loved the scene with the samurai armor lol...glad the Bropper nickname is sticking around lol

so all the forces are just scattered throughout Wano unable to get to the correct harbor?interesting I guess, wonder how they'll regroup

flashback happening earlier than expected too

every jump chapter this week was great

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. They'll be outed and potentially Kaido will be alerted before they make it to Onigashima, but they're gonna all go to war today anyways, so whatever
A lot of what is going to happen will depend on Kyoshiro, maybe now we will know if he is really an ally, enemy or someone with his own agenda.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons why I'm most excited about the upcoming flashbacks is that we get to see Whitebeard again.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't say i am excited about another flashback but I really liked Orochi in this chapter, rare to see a villain doing so much damage without actually having to fight

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
flashbacks are often as good or even better than the main action in this series so i can't say i have a problem with cutting away from the action a bit

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
If i look at the last few flashbacks... Germa, big mom, kyros, law, fishman island.. Yeah this gonna be good

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
They are setting up the alliance to have their Avengers Endgame portal moment when they get to the island.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spandam did some shit but Orochi is even more dangerous. If it takes 9 high tier samurai to take him down he kind of has to be strong doesn't he?

Well he's linked to Kaido, so his individual strength doesn't matter that much

They are setting up the alliance to have their Avengers Endgame portal moment when they get to the island.

Brook will play Portals on his violin

This is going to be one hell of a flashback.

Definitely, lol OP prolly one of the few series where the fandom actively looks forward to flashbacks

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Spandam did some shit but Orochi is even more dangerous. If it takes 9 high tier samurai to take him down he kind of has to be strong doesn't he?
Well, say how strong it is difficult to precise, but I do not think he is very strong, if you remember in the chapter where Yasuie dies, Zoro was very close to kill him but thanks to Kyoshiro Intervention he is alive, so I would not be surprised if Kinemon or Kanjuro are capable to defeat him, but he's proven to be very efficient, to carry out his evil schemes.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Oden (and Toki) is not only central to this entire arc, but he traveled with Roger to One Piece. Sengoku even hyped him up and his connections during an info dump chapter. We don't know what Oda will show from Oden's past, but there's a lot of potential here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blackleg-sanji1

Did ya get a kick out of Sanji teasing Zoro

Remember when Zoro would fight Sanji over the events of WCI?

Pepperridge farm remembers

------

Guess this would be a good use of the extra ships

Oden (and Toki) is not only central to this entire arc, but he traveled with Roger to One Piece. Sengoku even hyped him up and his connections during an info dump chapter. We don't know what Oda will show from Oden's past, but there's a lot of potential here.

I want to see Oden put the moves on Toki :3

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all think Jinbei saved the Sunny? He's probably already here and will reveal himself in the next few chapters.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
An Oden flashback should be interesting, but I really hope it doesn't go on for too long. I'm getting impatient for the action to start already lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An Oden flashback should be interesting, but I really hope it doesn't go on for too long. I'm getting impatient for the action to start already lol

Oda:

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
oden's flashback will probably take at least until the end of the year lol

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting at least four chapters, with a Oden Flashback part two when Kaido fights Luffy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oct 26, 2017
Quick thoughts on the chapter:

- Bege, put that gat away. You're going to scare people away and get in trouble.
- Franky backtracking from 100,000 people to 5,000 people seems to hint at not all the ships at the port being destroyed.
- Some of the lines from the Yakuza seem to hint that they never planned to arrive at the port early. Hmmmm.
- OH SNAP! THAT ARMOR LOOKS SO COOL! Luffy's armor is almost 1:1 the same as the one he donned on the color spread for Chapter 310
- Robin's right about them looking like insects. It is Kabuto (beetle) armor, after all.
- Sanji got his chance to brag about his bounty to Zoro and the mosshead sliced off more of the cliff lol. The scene was so brief because it's such a pointless thing to bicker about but they're idiots, soooo...
- Carrot gets more speaking roles. Oda trying his hardest to make her not look so traitorous. >.>
- Luffy is wondering what's taking Jinbei so long to arrive. This is not a coincidence that Luffy brings this up right after Wanda mentions Nekomamushi. Some Jinbei detractors will probably use this as foreshadowing that Jinbei is dead, but they should know better.
- I never thought we'd see Holdem again. Lol, where's Batman?
- Otsuru is an MVP or at least she was until the denizens of Okobore had to open their mouths. I know why they did, but the timing was unfortunate.
- I can't believe Oda pulled this card again. No way in hell is the Sunny destroyed.
- Okay, so the bridges were blown up and the ships at Port Tokage were destroyed. How big is Wano for there to only be a single main bridge connecting to each region? I really would like a clearer scope on the scale of Wano sooner than later, Oda.
- Orochi has been underestimated too much. He's a sly, scheming snake.
- This scene with the Scabbards hit me pretty hard. You can clearly see the tears in Kin'emon's eyes now. Kin is going through hell. Having your Lord killed, being separated from your time into the future, working hard on building up a rebellion only to have them no-show, and now your wife is potentially dead? That's real heavy.
- This last moment with the Scabbards gives off Seven Samurai vibes (probably intentional) and I like the detail of the ones who aren't talking being greyed out. Very ominous.
- FLASHBACK TIME! We're finally going to learn more about the man, the myth, the legend, Kozuki Oden! This is definitely the best time to go into this flashback. The past three chapters have been building up Oden as one of the most important characters in the entire story. I wouldn't be upset if the flashback goes on for a long time. (okay, maybe not too long lol)

Shit, that was longer than I expected. So much for "quick".

Status
Not open for further replies.