• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone bothered with ex CP9 guys being now CP0?

Like, after that cover story, i fail to see why they'd still be loyal to the WG. I know Lucci is a psychopath, but even then i fail to see why he would join again considering how disposable they all were with the buster call. I could imagine them joining a crew or something to search for the SH on their own, but CP0 it's just nonsense IMO.
Can we get into that? Cuz I agree why are these guys still around other than being popular characters. Like it ain't just lucci it's apparently kaku too and we don't know who else and I'm sorry spandam should've died

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get into that? Cuz I agree why are these guys still around other than being popular characters. Like it ain't just lucci it's apparently kaku too and we don't know who else and I'm sorry spandam should've died
at the very least he should be in permanent wheelchair mode

Oct 25, 2017
So I randomly entered this thread and saw the poll.

I have to ask:

WHAT THE FUCK IS A ZOLO?!

When 4Kids got the anime license back in 2004, they were so terrified of getting in trouble due to the violence and sexual content that they went overboard in every aspect. That included changing Zoro's name to "Zolo" as they were terrified of getting sued by the rights holders to Zorro. Viz Media is forced to use it for legal and consistency reasons to this day.

The annoying unfunny shitposters in this thread continue to use it because it annoys people. Because nobody can be fucking normal here.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
When 4Kids got the anime license back in 2004, they were so terrified of getting in trouble due to the violence and sexual content that they went overboard in every aspect. That included changing Zoro's name to "Zolo" as they were terrified of getting sued by the rights holders to Zorro. Viz Media is forced to use it for legal and consistency reasons to this day.

The annoying unfunny shitposters in this thread continue to use it because it annoys people. Because nobody can be fucking normal here.
Man God's pretty harmless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm referring to how nobody can be normal on this whole site. It's basically an unofficial slogan. "Why can't you fuckers just be normal?"

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that Lucci stays with the WG for the resources and power the position of cp0 comes with. He probably goes further with the WG than without them. Also its really all he's ever known, so I get why it would be hard to leave.

I dunno why Spandam is there though

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's nonsense. What could they offer him? seriously, would Rob Lucci forgive Spandam after what he did? He would have asked for his head in a platter before re-joining the WG. A promotion? weak shit.

I could understand them being used as characters later in the story, after all with their power level, they just needed a good navigator and they could've dealt with most of the new world bullshit if they wanted.

Also i've been re-watching water 7, and Kuzan is really a monster. He's just as terrible as Akainu, and people tend to forget. The last talk he has with Robin cements him as another psychopath, considering what he did to Saul, even knowing it was wrong.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's nonsense. What could they offer him? seriously, would Rob Lucci forgive Spandam after what he did? He would have asked for his head in a platter before re-joining the WG. A promotion? weak shit.

I could understand them being used as characters later in the story, after all with their power level, they just needed a good navigator and they could've dealt with most of the new world bullshit if they wanted.

Also i've been re-watching water 7, and Kuzan is really a monster. He's just as terrible as Akainu, and people tend to forget. The last talk he has with Robin cements him as another psychopath, considering what he did to Saul, even knowing it was wrong.
There's no way Lucci makes it that far in the New World without the help of the WG and their resources. He was beaten by a Luffy that didn't know Haki...

also I think Lucci likes it that Spandam is his lackey now lol, he seems like the type who would get off on a power trip

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Lucci makes it that far in the New World without the help of the WG and their resources. He was beaten by a Luffy that didn't know Haki...

also I think Lucci likes it that Spandam is his lackey now lol, he seems like the type who would get off on a power trip
I mean this is one piece where Coby is of a level now where the WG is sending him after hancock

Lucci is probably a good deal stronger now than he was back then

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that Lucci stays with the WG for the resources and power the position of cp0 comes with. He probably goes further with the WG than without them. Also its really all he's ever known, so I get why it would be hard to leave.

I dunno why Spandam is there though
Lucci got beaten by a 17 year old boy stretchy boy who basically wiped his ass with their flag and made a complete mockery of their organization. Him and Kaku should've been fired without severance pay lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Lucci got beaten by a 17 year old boy stretchy boy who basically wiped his ass with their flag and made a complete mockery of their organization. Him and Kaku should've been fired without severance pay lol
My conspiracy is that the world government has got one hell of a employee union and it's easier to just let people fail upwards then to fire them at middle management

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone bothered with ex CP9 guys being now CP0?

Like, after that cover story, i fail to see why they'd still be loyal to the WG. I know Lucci is a psychopath, but even then i fail to see why he would join again considering how disposable they all were with the buster call. I could imagine them joining a crew or something to search for the SH on their own, but CP0 it's just nonsense IMO.
Isn't being disposable kind of part of the whole "shadowy government assassin" deal. To me it seems weirder if Lucci's response was to get all indignant about the government not looking out for him, especially the buster call which was activated by accident.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
are we done with the Oven flashbacks yet? he dead bro, only dead man worth a damn is roger and his jewels

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't being disposable kind of part of the whole "shadowy government assassin" deal. To me it seems weirder if Lucci's response was to get all indignant about the government not looking out for him, especially the buster call which was activated by accident.

And still, he angrily promised to get back at spandam at the end of their cover story.

i mean, he has to be an special kind of dumb if he goes back to them willingly. Like worse than a pacifista.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
damn, y'all finished the old OT and started this one without me

I thought we were a crew. move in as a unit. my manga family. I'd kill for one of y'all

OP
OP
Reyes
damn, y'all finished the old OT and started this one without me

I thought we were a crew. move in as a unit. my manga family. I'd kill for one of y'all

GrqfSu7.png

We left arrows :P

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is one piece where Coby is of a level now where the WG is sending him after hancock

Lucci is probably a good deal stronger now than he was back then
Well yeah, when I say WG resources I mean training as well.

regarding the firing and the Coby thing, from some of the talk around the marines it seems as if they are actually spread pretty thin? I imagine it's less of a burden to make an already strong guy stronger than to fire them and find and train new strong guys. Same reason why they send Coby after Hancock...maybe nobody else to go after her.

there are really only a few notable marines that we know of tbh

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coby is gonna get stomped by Hancock. Any other outcome is a huge disservice to the pirate empress.

I doubt he's even Smoker level now.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still, there will be a point where Coby won't be able to look the other way on all the Marine and WG bullshit.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zenitsu will never be on the line again

60% sure on that get excited

So to clarify, you strongly believe that Koby will defeat Hancock 1v1 (or at least something super close to a 1v1). As in, no outside help from any notable Vice Admiral/Admiral or Vegapunk's new weapon. He just straight up beats her, and then afterwards decides not to arrest her because of her being linked to Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.