• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is Ulti's Devil Fruit Power?

• Tyrannosaurus

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Triceratops

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sabertooth Tiger

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pterodactyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonzord

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
VznO0SD.png

Curse D. Image

Abhomb

Apr 1, 2019
Man when Oden does his final lines with the pose it really got to me. That and the scabards running and remembering their past with Oden, that fully broke me when he yelled that he was born to!...... :'( :'( as the crowd yells to boil... *I am not crying* *what is this liquid going down my cheeks*

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Oh

this is the stuff.

The narration about the crowd wasn't the best but whatever gets the job done at this point. The smile panel hit me hard. That last box about jumping to the future reads like one of those editor comments but seems to be a part of the chapter here.

What an ending to the flashback! Born to boil indeed. Still hate his design but Goden indeed. Not a fan of Toki at all in this chapter, though. Something about here characterisation (or lack thereof) had really rubbed me the wrong way.
The Toki characterization has been all over the place and I'm disappointed we got very little of her when she has a pretty cool story. Oden being like hmm, maybe I should stay with my sick wife and infant children instead of ditching them in this place I think bad things are going to go down at, and her being like no, I would divorce you if you did that is bonkers. She got written to pretty much service Oden go be Oden and clear him of potential wrong doing.
Ju D. ge

Oct 25, 2017
I think Oda wrote Toki to be purposely vague. He clearly doesn't want to give a lot of info about the Void Century right now and will showcase more of her when he's ready.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That last box about jumping to the future reads like one of those editor comments but seems to be a part of the chapter here.
Lol it does have that vibe. Fits with the flashback having the vibe a story we're being told though, like how we were told not to blink cause the hour of legends was coming.
I think Oda wrote Toki to be purposely vague. He clearly doesn't want to give a lot of info about the Void Century right now and will showcase more of her when he's ready.
I see it this way too right now. Seems like she could show up in an upcoming Void Century since she's the first character from there we've seen.

Oct 25, 2017
Toki and Roger and all the inbetween were just flavor in the dish that was odens flashback we was never truly gonna get anywhere near either of them Cuz oda wants to not tell us anything yet in regards to the past. I assume we won't get anything until robin gets to it herself at this point

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
It was nice to hear joy boy's name again, too.
It was just a little line from fishman island until now and we didn't know ANYTHING even though it was clear that he was an important character even back then.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Toki could get more in the future. And she did probably get a specific scar for some reason, so we will see. She just got some weird lines in this flashbak.

Status
Not open for further replies.