• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 8, 2019
Okay Charred Knight

You keep making these charges about Team 4 when you have failed to demonstrate even a basic understanding of Overwatch 2's features. Are you here just to be mad at Blizzard, or are you going to finally answer where Aaron, Geoff, or anyone else has deliberately lied or misled anyone about Overwatch 2?

Like, either put up or knock it off with the derail.
Sorry this is just putting me in a bad place, like Blizzard was my favorite company over the years, and now I get so angry about all the stuff thats happened that goes beyond Overwatch.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
If this summary on the video is accurate then damn, guess I gotta spend all my credits during Remix 3. Was hoping I could use them on new OW2 stuff.

Yep, I'm thinking the same.. I hope they officially announce this before Remix 3 goes live, as I got 40K in spacebucks to blow through, and would rather have all items as options rather than when the game is about to shut down and it's just the base options which I own all of.

But it was just a hope. What are ya gonna do, right? Can't be too generous to the people that stuck with OW since the 2020 drought, overflowing with soon-to-be-outdated credit.

Honestly, I never thought there'd be a conversion myself. All the people who stayed with the game from 2020-present probably have 10s of thousands of credits, and they're the ones Blizzard already know will most likely buy stuff with real money since they stayed this long, so why let them have free stuff?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Honestly, I never thought there'd be a conversion myself. All the people who stayed with the game from 2020-present probably have 10s of thousands of credits, and they're the ones Blizzard already know will most likely buy stuff with real money since they stayed this long, so why let them have free stuff?
Of course you're right, we've proven to be time sink whales through even the most turbulent time. Why give us a break, eh?

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that a good thing? If a battlepass comes without any skins you want, you can just skip it and save your money
Not at all. As it stands right now, I'm not spending money, I'm playing sporadically when it's convenient for me and I'm getting (Things).

My future options are going to be to not spend money because there's no (Things), to spend money and have to grind compulsively to actually unlock (Things), or to pay direct for (Things) from the in-game shop because there's no (Things) in the Battle Pass and/or I can't be bothered to grind 86 levels to get (Thing).

So no. Like I said in the original post:

I've played enough Destiny to know that whenever a developer removes a contentious reward system, the new one is just going to be hands down more brutal to engage with.
Engage with the system. Abstain from the system. It's all going to suck worse.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Have they made any comments about a MMR reset or is everything from OW1 going to carry over? Because fresh MMR is really needed I think.

wingthor

Sep 18, 2021
Do we know if the new in-game store will be using real money or in-game currency? Similar to deep rock galactic.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Do we know if the new in-game store will be using real money or in-game currency? Similar to deep rock galactic.

There is a virtual currency, you can probably buy it but no details on if you can earn it

Gear up with 2000 Overwatch® 2 Virtual Currency

Overwatch® 2 will have a new in-game shop experience centered on player choice. Get Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency with your purchase of this pack and level up your Battle Pass or gear up with new cosmetics for your favorite heroes!

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/overwatch?p=789844

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So that new Watchpoint pack isn't a pre-purchase for the PvE portion? I don't know who it's for other than the three people who don't own Overwatch 1 but also deeply care about beta access to OW2 and want two mediocre skins from owning the first game.

It's two different skins in the Watchpoint pack compared to the two you get for owning OW1
df89a9ee11d6a99910a6b5caf76f2008-OW2_2022_Watchpoint-Pack_BlizzardShop-Productpage_SA02_FeatureImage_Skins_960x540.png

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Gonna be honest, I don't know what people who say this doesn't look like a sequel really want. Even if it came out two years ago, what were they expecting, a complete abandonment of the gameplay and art style that defines the franchise???? The whole point of any sequel, I thought, was just more of what you liked in the original. Like, no shit it looks similar. Every sequel in most franchises looks the same unless you're deliberately Final Fantasy'ing or Zelda'ing it.
The point really was that the delay has siphoned off interest. I have lost almost all interest in the franchise as I put the game on the back burners for a variety of reasons (conduct, expectation of an improved version making me less interested in playing the current version which was receiving minimal support). Momentum is just about gone for me. That could change, but the length of time + the reasons why + nothing particularly compelling to see here visually for the lost time = indifference. If this was cancelled tomorrow, I'd feel nothing and go back to sipping my coffee. Weird place to be in as someone who has put in 1000+ hours.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well now we know how the cross platform merging is going to work, I'm grinding out arcade lootboxes and get those last few gold skins I want across Switch and PS4 too. Should be enough to get me them

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, in the French YT channel interview they said that all inventories of skins will be merged and your levels aded together.
was that actually verified? all i saw was a notes app screenshot with bullet points claiming to be from a french YT channel but i never saw a link to said channel nor a video.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
was that actually verified? all i saw was a notes app screenshot with bullet points claiming to be from a french YT channel but i never saw a link to said channel nor a video.

I saw the video, however it is now private: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBop6woZnvM&feature=youtu.be He did say all that (he never said Magua was the next tank though, just used a picture when talking about the Season 2 tank)

If you can't find the latest vidz anymore, it's normal. It is likely that in a potential multiverse it is possible that inadvertently information that I was not supposed to reveal was by chance in the said video.

So that's why he seemingly had more info that others!

Don't worry I'm not in the sauce, we talked and it was a misunderstanding. Nothing serious, I just prefer to take it offline before making any changes. It's a question of respect for the work of the devs, even if once again there's nothing serious!

Don't know why some of that information is embargoed though. They should be shouting from the rooftops that cross-progression merge

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Not gonna lie, bit worried about giving everyone 100 health. But I'll find out on the 28th!

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Her kit has a lot going for it, wow. On paper her passive sounds like what Reaper has going for him. Commanding Shout + Sound Barrier is going to be wild.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the video, however it is now private: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBop6woZnvM&feature=youtu.be He did say all that (he never said Magua was the next tank though, just used a picture when talking about the Season 2 tank)

So that's why he seemingly had more info that others!

Don't know why some of that information is embargoed though. They should be shouting from the rooftops that cross-progression merge

it seems like his video had info from a leaker and not actually an interview he had with the devs?

via google translate: "Well in the end the person who originally "leaked" wrote to me to apologize, way too much respect on his part! It's fun.

Let's move on to something else !"

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it seems like his video had info from a leaker and not actually an interview he had with the devs?

via google translate: "Well in the end the person who originally "leaked" wrote to me to apologize, way too much respect on his part! It's fun.

Let's move on to something else !"

That's about the Mauga situation, where he had a fan graphic of the rumoured tank Mauga and the person typing it up said IT'S MAUGA COMING IN DECEMBER

I spend a quiet family weekend, there are 34506 people who quote me as what I would have announced Mauga (although I never spoke about it).

Just want to die and cut through all the social networks

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Not gonna lie, bit worried about giving everyone 100 health. But I'll find out on the 28th!

I wonder how effective she's gonna be at any of this considering it seems like her verticality is limited. Same with her ult- what's stopping Ana from just putting her to sleep the moment she sees Queen just stop in front of her?

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. She has some of the more fun parts of two of my favorite characters I've played in the past, the hook of roadhog, the passive team boosting of Brig. Excited to give her a shot, especially at launch before they gut her like they do every other character I enjoy playing, lol. Not looking forward to the queue times though. They're already awful for tank so with a new tank releasing it'll be literally half an hour between games..

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Sounds like she'll be quick hit hero get in get out, initiate with shout and try to get as much wounded as possible to keep her passive healing going. If a team plays far apart like most play is going towards she could be fairly weak. Need some actual numbers. Also Ana will be a hard counter

Also I'd bet that the new will have some kind of cleanse ability.

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
Junker Queen sounds wild.

More and more tempted to get that bundle to guarantee beta access…

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
So if I buy the 40$ pack for overwatch 2 I should get in all the betas Right?

Its instant access but no harm in waiting till it starts to see if you get in.
us.forums.blizzard.com

Shameless 40€ scam

Everyone who signs up for beta will receive access, over time. You will have at least a weekend to test and provide feedback from the beta The Watchpoint Pack assures instant beta access

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
That bundle that includes the first battle pass and beta access was an easy buy for me, considering how much I enjoyed the first game.

A little bummed to see that none of the stuff unlocked in the betain the beta will carry over into the game on October 4th. :(

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
They're really COD-ifying this game aren't they?

I can hear the guy from the COD trailers saying "Pre-order now and get access to the open beta."

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just that though. It sounds like the cosmetics they're adding and the battle pass are ripped straight from COD.

Which were ripped from Fortnite, and Apex and heck, almost every free to play and otherwise game has these kind of cosmetics and battle passes now.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
That's about the Mauga situation, where he had a fan graphic of the rumoured tank Mauga and the person typing it up said IT'S MAUGA COMING IN DECEMBER

ah ok.
I have 500 unopened lootboxes. I should start opening them all?
if you dont have currency to buy the things your missing and the things coming in the last OW1 event then yes. if you have plenty of currency and you already have eveything unlocked then there's no need to open them. the items in the boxes are determined upon earning the lootbox, not when you open them so server side they know what you have in them already.
So if I buy the 40$ pack for overwatch 2 I should get in all the betas Right?
if you buy the $40 Watchpoint pack you'll get access to this next beta when it goes live for the platform you bought the pack for. it does not guarantee any other beta access or multiple platform beta access. We also don't know how long this beta will last other than at least 18 days.

on a related note i bought the Watchpoint pack. i want in during the holiday weekend and this is the way to guarantee it. i would like them to say how much the battle pass and currency will cost though but legendary skins for Overwatch have typically cost $10. For instance if you didnt have any OWL tokens and wanted the Luchador Reaper skin it would cost you $10 to buy the 200 tokens to purchase it.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
It's not just that though. It sounds like the cosmetics they're adding and the battle pass are ripped straight from COD.

Yea, i.e. a modern live game, Fortnite, Valorant, Apex. COD isn't the only one in this.

The hope would be with the larger income source they'll be able to release consistent amount of new content both PvP and PvE. The previous cosmetic system while consumer friendly was not lucrative enough to sustain development.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Assuming every OW2 item in the Watchpoint pack is valued at 10€ and OW1 is a freebie, I wish I could just pay 20€ for the battlepass and credits, with beta access. I don't want to pay for the 2 skins, I don't like to buy standalone expensive skins in games.

To be honest my favorite looks in Overwatch are the default ones, so as long as I don't have to pay for new heroes or maps, OW going free to play is going to work just fine for me and not be a pain for my wallet. I'll get a battlepass here and there to support and get some random weapon charms and whatnot.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming every OW2 item in the Watchpoint pack is valued at 10€ and OW1 is a freebie, I wish I could just pay 20€ for the battlepass and credits, with beta access. I don't want to pay for the 2 skins, I don't like to buy standalone expensive skins in games.

To be honest my favorite looks in Overwatch are the default ones, so as long as I don't have to pay for new heroes or maps, OW going free to play is going to work just fine for me and not be a pain for my wallet. I'll get a battlepass here and there to support and get some random weapon charms and whatnot.

You usually get a discount on these kinds of founders packs, and the currency usually works out to be whatever multiple of credits (1000 or 100) works out to be $10. So it's probably around $20 of credit, $10 per skin and a $10 battle pass. So it's an overall saving if you would actually buy the skins anyway, but in your case, most likely not yeah.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Honestly I hope we get MMR reset for comp, these supports and tanks in plat belong in silver. Saying a zen/ana/rein/zarya is a good comp against winston/dva/sym/pharmacy.