• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
owl-inaugural-logo-wh1fsz5.png

Matches will be played on patch 1.25. Reworked Symmetra won't be in it. Reworked Lucio and Hanzo will be available.
Other changes

Ana
  • Biotic Rifle
    • Projectiles will now pass through allies with full health
    • Ammo increased from 10 to 14

Brigitte
  • Shield Bash
    • Cone angle reduced from 90 to 60
  • Rally
    • Maximum armor per player reduced from 150 to 100
  • Shield Bash
    • Cooldown increased from 5 to 6 seconds
Doomfist
  • Meteor Strike
    • Bonus movement speed increased from 150% to 200%
  • The Best Defense…
    • Shield gain increased from 30 to 35 for normal abilities
Genji
  • Deflect
    • Hitbox size has been reduced
Hanzo
  • Storm Bow
    • Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
  • Sonic Arrow
    • Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds
    • Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters
  • New Abilities
    • Lunge
      • Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally
    • Storm Arrows
      • Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability
      • Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power
      • Damage reduced from 80 to 70
Junkrat
  • Frag Launcher
    • Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2
  • RIP-Tire
    • Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12
Lúcio
  • Wall Ride
    • Wall riding is less likely to be interrupted along a single surface
    • Can now go around corners (both outside corners, and inside corners) without having to leave the wall
    • Can now land back on the same wall after leaping away, provided his leap takes him far enough away from the original jumping off point
    • Added a minimum time that the jump key must be held before Lúcio can ride around corners
  • Soundwave
    • No longer consumes ammo
    • Can now be used while reloading
Moira
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Moira's Biotic Grasp to heal targets behind an enemy barrier

McCree
  • Deadeye
    • Range increased from 70 meters to 200 meters
Orisa
  • Supercharger
    • Ultimate cost reduced by 15%
Tracer
  • Pulse Bomb
    • Max damage decreased from 400 to 300
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quarterfinals—July 11, 13, 14 (BALA)

#3 Boston Uprising vs. #6 Philadelphia Fusion

#4 Los Angeles Gladiators vs. #5 London Spitfire

Semifinals—July 18, 20, 21 (BALA)

The teams will be reseeded from 1-4 based on quarterfinal outcomes, meaning the LA Valiant will play the quarterfinal winner with the better win-loss record, and the NYXL will play the remaining team.

Grand Finals—July 27-28 (Barclays Center)

Winner of Semifinal 1 vs. Winner of Semifinal 2​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format said:
The first team to win two best-of-five (BO5) matches will advance to the next round of the playoffs. For the quarterfinals and semifinals, each series will play their first BO5 match on Wednesday of each week. The two series will then play out the remainder of their matches on either Friday or Saturday.

Boston vs. Philadelphia will kick off the action at 5 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, July 11, with LA vs. London to follow. The remainder of the Uprising-Fusion series will be played on Friday, July 13, and Spitfire-Gladiators on Saturday, July 14.

At the Grand Finals, the two teams will play their first BO5 on Friday, July 27, and the remainder of their matches on Saturday, July 28.​

screenshot-overwatchlo3rex.png

Meet the team
bostonjmqwv.png

fusionj7qvh.png

glad9wrnl.png

londonsvpkd.png

nyenep01.png

valw8olq.png

lhzf4xr11bgk1530655479epog.jpg

Week 1
Wednesday July 11th

Philadelphia Fusion vs Boston Uprising
  • Game 1 - Dorado
  • Game 2 - Oasis
  • Game 3 - Eichenwalde
  • Game 4 - Volskaya Industries
  • Game 5 - Junkertown
London Spitfire vs Los Angeles Gladiators
  • Game 1 - Junkertown
  • Game 2 - Lijiang Tower
  • Game 3 - King's Row
  • Game 4 - Hanamura
  • Game 5 - Dorado

Friday July 13th
TBD
TBD

Saturday July 14th
TBD
TBD
Where to watch
https://overwatchleague.com
http://www.mlg.com/game/overwatch
https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchleague

EDIT:
OWL will be live on EPSN, Disney, ABC. for full schedule see below

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/24062274/overwatch-league-comes-espn-disney-abc

d09us2.png

[Mod Edit: Changed colors from red to orange, as the color was similar to Mod notices]

Last edited by a moderator:

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
finally, the wait is almost over. rooting for my boys in purple obviously but most of all hoping for some crazy matches

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Rooting for Fusion and Glads in first round.

Glads
Fusion
NYXL
London
Valiant
Boston

I hope boston gets swept.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feel like it's just way too long between matches. why wait a week between the last semifinal and the final?

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Since the team I liked didn't make it to the play-offs, I'm not 100% sure which team to root for. Maybe Valiant or Gladiators, since I've watched their games the most.

Anyways, I'm excited. Still kind of weird that there is such a long gap between the regular season and the play-offs.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I have no stake in this playoffs, except for London because I am in gratitude for taking a game (barely) over Fusion, making Dallas go to Stage 4 playoffs. I guess I'll go for LAV?

How about this, I am rooting for NY to lose.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna make a very bold prediction and say NYXL is going to win this with Jjonak being the MVP.

But just because Dallas and Cocco aren't here anymore.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Completely throwing with this roster. No reason Sinatraa, Moth, and Rawkus should be in over Sleepy, Danteh, and Elk.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hate that these finals aren't a full bracket. Valiant and NYXL getting a bye is so boring.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish people would realize that Danteh is SO much better than Sinatraa and I don't get why it doesn't get brought up more.

Sinatraa plays 2 heroes at a high level and isnt even top 5 on either of them(Tracer/Zarya), and in this meta he would rarely play either of them.

Meanwhile Danteh is secret flex god and is easily the most improved DPS player in the league. Snubbed hard.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Time out....updated Hanzo has not been available for the entire time hes been patched for most players but now in the grand finals he will be? Blizzard makes no fucking sense.

Go valiant

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Time out....updated Hanzo has not been available for the entire time hes been patched for most players but now in the grand finals he will be? Blizzard makes no fucking sense.

Go valiant

There was a bug in the build and they've had the past month or so to get ready for it

Speaking of changes, these are the changes for playoffs

Ana
  • Biotic Rifle
    • Projectiles will now pass through allies with full health
    • Ammo increased from 10 to 14

Brigitte
  • Shield Bash
    • Cone angle reduced from 90 to 60
  • Rally
    • Maximum armor per player reduced from 150 to 100
  • Shield Bash
    • Cooldown increased from 5 to 6 seconds
Doomfist
  • Meteor Strike
    • Bonus movement speed increased from 150% to 200%
  • The Best Defense…
    • Shield gain increased from 30 to 35 for normal abilities
Genji
  • Deflect
    • Hitbox size has been reduced
Hanzo
  • Storm Bow
    • Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
  • Sonic Arrow
    • Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds
    • Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters
  • New Abilities
    • Lunge
      • Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally
    • Storm Arrows
      • Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability
      • Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power
      • Damage reduced from 80 to 70
Junkrat
  • Frag Launcher
    • Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2
  • RIP-Tire
    • Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12
Lúcio
  • Wall Ride
    • Wall riding is less likely to be interrupted along a single surface
    • Can now go around corners (both outside corners, and inside corners) without having to leave the wall
    • Can now land back on the same wall after leaping away, provided his leap takes him far enough away from the original jumping off point
    • Added a minimum time that the jump key must be held before Lúcio can ride around corners
  • Soundwave
    • No longer consumes ammo
    • Can now be used while reloading
Moira
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Moira's Biotic Grasp to heal targets behind an enemy barrier

McCree
  • Deadeye
    • Range increased from 70 meters to 200 meters
Orisa
  • Supercharger
    • Ultimate cost reduced by 15%
Tracer
  • Pulse Bomb
    • Max damage decreased from 400 to 300

Last edited:

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
"OWL Players Agree: League's MVP is Jjonak, NY's Invincible Iron Man"

"Like, it feels like that guy, like, it feels like he actually takes like negative damage," Sinatraa said of his MVP choice. "Like me and Super, I remember this, we played him like two or three matches ago, and me and Super, we were under auto, and we were like, okay, we're going to go Zen, 3-2-1, and we both dived. I had a pretty good clip and he hit the dive, and this guy, he was still full HP. I don't even know how that's possible. He actually takes no damage."

https://news.unikrn.com/article/overwatch-league-mvp-pros-opinions-jjonak

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Muma and Rawkus are such resident sleeper picks, and I am saying this not as a Dallas fan.

Where's Sleepy and Super?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Florida gets to swap over to the Vice colors instead of being stuck with the McDs ones.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sad Houston didn't make it. No bueno.

NYXL to win everything like they have done for the rest of the season. Bet

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Then you've got to root for LAV for sure

I am going to end up rooting for Valiant and Spitfire.

Btw, you seem like a devout LAV fan. That's awesome, we need people in green and gold to rival the many Gladiators fans here on Era.

No dig against Muma, he's a top 3 NA tank. Me wanting Super is a selfish pick, I wanted to see the young guns playing together in Super and Spacer.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I am going to end up rooting for Valiant and Spitfire.

Btw, you seem like a devout LAV fan. That's awesome, we need people in green and gold to rival the many Gladiators fans here on Era.

No dig against Muma, he's a top 3 NA tank. Me wanting Super is a selfish pick, I wanted to see the young guns playing together in Super and Spacer.
Glads fans are gross. They all deserve to be banned from playing overwatch ;p
Also I like Super over Muma for that team. I feel like they'd gel together better but Muma is probably the better choice