• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Still a good sign in a difficult market for the console, especially considering the period and the many new or more commercially powerful releases
I wonder what it comes down to. GTAV is only 12th, and is a game that sells quite consistently throughout the year, so DOOM may reach over 5k if the numbers are favourable. That would comes down to more than 1/8 of PS4 first week and 1/6 of XB1, which is decent I think for a late port of a year-and-a-half game.

Please note: the above lines are pure speculation (except for the fractions that derive from previous estimations), and we need the individual unit chart before we can say anything with any degree of certainty. Do not think I am claiming DOOM sold 5k on Switch.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
I see Doom jumped 7 places in the chart. Switch boost, but not a sizeable one.

Doom also seems to be in a lot of retailers bundles for Ps4 and X1. Doom, Fallout 4 and Dishonoured 2 seem to be GAMEs packin games of choice.

I'm glad GT Sport is bombing. It increases the change of a traditional GT 7 in a year or two. Perhaps Sony need to remove the autonomy of Polyphony Digital and stop them ruining the franchise.

Is GT Sport actually bombing though, we do not know the download numbers or worldwide sales. Its likely GT Sport will be highest selling racing game of the year.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is GT Sport actually bombing though, we do not know the download numbers or worldwide sales. Its likely GT Sport will be highest selling racing game of the year.

That's true, we will need to wait for an official announcement for the accurate numbers. I was going by physical sales and the extremely negative user review scores, from unhappy fans of the past titles.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's sold a lot of copies in Japan and yeah, it's probably going to end up as the best selling racing game of the year. I'm not sure if it'll be enough considering how long it took to release it (and also PD doesn't seem to be relying on outsourcing to lower the costs of development).

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
to be honest i think nintendo needs to push really hard with marketing in europe. they arent doing bad, especially compared to the wii u games, but i feel like europe is the one region holding switch sales (and its software sales) back... is there any chance to revert the ps4/xb1 - centric culture?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Call of Duty: WWII is UK No.1 once again with an impressive second week performance.

The game's sales dropped just 43% in its second week, which is a very good result for a AAA game. Indeed, the title is now extending its lead over last year's Infinite Warfare.

In fact, the game isn't too far off 2015's very successful Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Of course, digital data is not available at this time. But based on the reported growth of game downloads in the UK, it's quite likely that Call of Duty: WWII is the most successful game in the franchise during this generation.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...call-of-duty-wwii-closing-in-on-black-ops-iii

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's sold a lot of copies in Japan and yeah, it's probably going to end up as the best selling racing game of the year. I'm not sure if it'll be enough considering how long it took to release it (and also PD doesn't seem to be relying on outsourcing to lower the costs of development).
Japan actually isn't a good comparison, as over there it's the worst-selling mainline title, even below GT6. That said, Japan isn't determining the total sales (and UK is ahead of GT6, for example), so we should wait for more info.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where is Super Unlucky's tale?
I bought Lucky instead of Sonic for my Xbox One and am glad with my choice.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan actually isn't a good comparison, as over there it's the worst-selling mainline title, even below GT6. That said, Japan isn't determining the total sales (and UK is ahead of GT6, for example), so we should wait for more info.

Compared to what other sims have done in other markets, GTS's Japan performance is big. F7 sold what like 25k here and PC2 <15k. Having near 200k is comparatively big if you get what I mean.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
France, Week 44: http://www.sell.fr/

7CAFFGr.jpg

PS4:
1 - Call of Duty World War II
2 - Assassin's credd Origins
3 - Fifa 2018

Xbox One:
1 - Call of Duty World War II
2 - Assassin's credd Origins
3 - Fifa 2018

Nintendo Switch:
1 - Super Mario Odyssey
2 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3 - The legend of Zelda: Breath Of the Wild

Nintendo 3DS:
1 - Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy
2 - Yo-Kai Watch 2 : Spectres Psychiques
3 - Miitopia

PS VITA:
1 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
2 - Minecraft
3 - YSVIII : Lacrymosa of Dana

PC:
1 - Les Sims 4
2 - Destiny 2
3 - Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
T
Norway Top 10:

CP W 43 2017 LP W 42 2017 Title Name
1 - SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
2 - ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS

I can't say for sure but my daughters friends talk about mario in school so it seems to be catching on.
We bought one for her switch and one for mine so that is two sales up!
A colleague of mine asked bout what PS4 version he should buy for his kids, and I actually pointed him in the switch direction even though I do most of my own gaming on PS4. It's just not as well suited for kids.

It got good reviews in the Norwegian publications too and had reviews linked into the major news papers, so that probably helped.

I have not bought AC:O for my PS4 yet. Anecdotally but still one data point.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
to be honest i think nintendo needs to push really hard with marketing in europe. they arent doing bad, especially compared to the wii u games, but i feel like europe is the one region holding switch sales (and its software sales) back... is there any chance to revert the ps4/xb1 - centric culture?
For Nintendo? Probably not. Unless they release a traditional home console that's also competent hardware-wise. But I think a lot of 3DS owners haven't switched yet, I presume that's because of the relatively high $300 price for the Switch.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
For Nintendo? Probably not. Unless they release a traditional home console that's also competent hardware-wise. But I think a lot of 3DS owners haven't switched yet, I presume that's because of the relatively high $300 price for the Switch.
thats unfortunate, and it seems to be a similar situation here in australia. i wonder if there is even room for the switch to grow when the ps4 is so dominant.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
thats unfortunate, and it seems to be a similar situation here in australia. i wonder if there is even room for the switch to grow when the ps4 is so dominant.
I think it absolutely can, but if it actually does depends on Nintendo, that is, if they drop the price and/or release a 'New Switch' model. 3DS has countless revisions which helped it reach a pretty decent LTD.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
French still loves Nintendo, ASS creed is holding well ( well deserved, fantastic games ) COD and GTA still kings, I'm pretty much happy with this.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 250,000 2 days
Xbox One 150,000 2 days
Switch 80,000 2 days
Xbox One X 80,000 5 days
PS4 Pro 50,000 3 days

Note: PS4, Switch and PS4 pro had stock problems during the launch

Not as impressive compared to those numbers. I don't see any reason why XBX should sell better than PS4 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.