• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It's also considerably more expensive. Don't know why these 2 are being compared like this.
they're the biggest platformers this year I suppose?

I mean dang who really cares.
Every time a comparison or some information is posted, someone else feels some type of way about it. GTS, Xeno, etc

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Have we got splits for top ten selling games? It should help give a better indicator of GTS hold.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have we got splits for top ten selling games? It should help give a better indicator of GTS hold.

GT SPORT is above 50K.

UK Week 48, 2017

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION) - 149,280 / 1,342,280 [-40%]
02 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS) - 121,030 / 1,763,930 [-30%]
03 (03) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (04) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES) - 49,647 / 253,747 [-33%]
05 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
06 (08) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
07 (06) FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 (MICROSOFT)
08 (19) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
09 (17) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
10 (16) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY(ACTIVISION)

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

UK Week 48, 2017

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION) - 149,280 / 1,342,280 [-40%]
02 (02) FIFA 18 (EA SPORTS) - 121,030 / 1,763,930 [-30%]
03 (03) GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
04 (04) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (EA GAMES) - 49,647 / 253,747 [-33%]
05 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT)
06 (08) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
07 (06) FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 (MICROSOFT)
08 (19) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
09 (17) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
10 (16) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)

rahzel

Oct 27, 2017
The down playing of GTS is funny as this point .
Yes it had a price but how many games even with that going sell over 300k in the UK and that is not counting DD .
Plus it GaaS it made to make money long term .
Game is selling a lot and continues to stay high in the revenue chart, but at least a few people have to bring up that 'it's only selling well because it's heavily discounted' every week to downplay sales. It's really pathetic.

Deleted member 59

It sold better than the last game that.... sold really bad. Doesn't make it any better =/ We need more JRPGs and XC2 is a good JRPG. Seeing those numbers hurts.

Based on performances of other non-Final Fantasy/Pokemon JRPG and based on performances of previous Xenoblade titles, you shouldn't really have expected any better than this (imo)

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Considering GTS (>300k) has not sold Crash yet, or will in the next few weeks, Crash's LTD is probably >400k or near there.

N Sane collection is a great deal. It doesn't surprise me that it's been so strong. (Maybe I just have a soft spot for Crash though. I loved those games as a kid)

I expect Odyssey to climb over 250k by the time the holidays end. Maybe a bit more. Outpacnig crash will be hard though. Legs are too strong and the PS4 is by far the most dominant system in the UK.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it had a price but how many games even with that going sell over 300k in the UK and that is not counting DD.

How many of these games are huge franchises as GT is? And how many of these games got a price cut 2-3 weeks after launch as big as GT Sport got?

GT Sport is selling really well now but trying to spin it as if the game reached status quo without the heavy price cut is equally as funny.

DomsPlaying

Oct 25, 2017
NJ & NYC
Hmm sorry, I haven't seen any hardware numbers for week 48. It's also just a rare occurrence that we do get any for the UK.

Yep I know it's not really something we see week-to-week anywhere. Shoot I wish we got weekly game charts here in the States but will have to settle for monthly.

Plus I expect it just followed the trend of falling off on sales after Black Friday so maybe nothing to learn from it. Here I am hoping for more data than we actually get :-)

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we finally declare XC2 a worldwide flop now guys? I think we've seen enough.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
How many of these games are huge franchises as GT is? And how many of these games got a price cut 2-3 weeks after launch as big as GT Sport got?

GT Sport is selling really well now but trying to spin it as if the game reached status quo without the heavy price cut is equally as funny.

I don't see much people trying to spin it unless people saying it not a bomb is spin .
Yes it get a price cut and now that is helping it sell very well.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Based on performances of other non-Final Fantasy/Pokemon JRPG and based on performances of previous Xenoblade titles, you shouldn't really have expected any better than this (imo)
Well the Switch isn't that old and isn't exaclty swimming in games, so I hoped for more. Guess Japan will bail them out. I'm still betting on >200k in 2017.
Can we finally declare XC2 a worldwide flop now guys? I think we've seen enough.
Wait for the Media Create thread =)

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Weird that Just Dance 2018 has jumped back up to 17 all format, but has no entry in the individual chart. Would love to hear how the Wii version is still selling

Oct 25, 2017
XCX2 result is alright. An improvement over the past games is good.

GTS is going on a tear. Depending on how PD handles the SP, it could have a really long tail.

Deleted member 59

Well the Switch isn't that old and isn't exaclty swimming in games, so I hoped for more. Guess Japan will bail them out. I'm still betting on >200k in 2017.

UK market is just very weak for Switch titles that aren't Mario/Zelda. Arms debuted to similar numbers.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
GT remains in the lead because of very clever promotions. The GaaS model will bring in even more money. Crash holds up well too. Good weeks for Sony's platform overall.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
On the old forum there was rumour/speculation that Crashes exclusivity deal end in December have we heard anything from Activision about releasing it on other platforms.

Noobie

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look like XBX has failed to give lasting boast to XBOX Software.. Because i dont see any jump in XBOX Software.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look like XBX has failed to give lasting boast to XBOX Software.. Because i dont see any jump in XBOX Software.

Anyone surprised? Xbox problem was never the power but the brand perception on EU, console is non existent here.

Some retailers here in PT have already dropped it out of shelves.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see much people trying to spin it unless people saying it not a bomb is spin .
Yes it get a price cut and now that is helping it sell very well.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it's a bomb but I have seen people actually saying GT Sport is a "big success" and it's "killing it" in Europe. Let's just say it's performing well. :)

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it's a bomb but I have seen people actually saying GT Sport is a "big success" and it's "killing it" in Europe. Let's just say it's performing well. :)

Approaching number 1 PS4 exclusive in a year with Uncharted LL, Horizon, and Crash is a bit better than well, and its made more money in last week than stuff like Star Wars Battlefront II on PS4, FIFA 18 on Xbox One or Super Mario Odyssey on Switch, to give some examples.

It underperformed compared to past mainline games (bar GT6) but its selling very well now.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a big game, it's good and the console launched a few months ago. So I 'hoped' for more. Way more.

You should look forward to the MC in a couple of days and the Dec NPD then as it's showing some real potential around US and Japan, which are its major markets to begin with.

As a JRPG on a tiny install-base in the UK, it really did as well as it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.