• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 59

Well, Arms isn't a good game =P Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is.

Quality is not indicative of sales. I could also argue that Xenoblade 2 looks and runs pretty bad in handheld mode and that affects things.

The take home here though is that a) The UK market for Switch software is bad unless it's a Mario game b) Most RPGs typically sell less than 5 figures

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Quality is not indicative of sales. I could also argue that Xenoblade 2 looks and runs pretty bad in handheld mode and that affects things.

The take home here though is that a) The UK market for Switch software is bad unless it's a Mario game b) Most RPGs typically sell less than 5 figures

The UK is a relatively price sensitive market. You can see it all over the charts this week. Things that get discounted sell if the quality is there. I think when some of these Switch titles start to see some decent discounts you'll see a lot of slow burn. I suspect Rabbids is benefiting from this actually.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't we get those nice platform splits anymore?
Xg8dSWs.jpg

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I'm happy to see GT Sport selling well. It's an amazing game and I bet it will have long legs.

It's funny (and sad) see so many people salty about GT sales.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Seems to me like the issue with GTS was just that it was too exoensive at launch. Doesn't seem like the franchise is in massive decline or anything to me. The sustained sales since the discounting imply that the demand was not high at full retail price, not that there werent ton people who wanted to play it.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
XB2 did good considering the install base.

Some titles in the top 40 have impressive legs.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 had some decent sales. Nothing too spectacular, but above the previous entries by quite a bit. It might manage to achieve 1 mio. WW.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, should be able to work out a more accurate range for GTS hold.

1.Despite PS4's domination and several year long market deal, Call of Duty is still a powerhouse on Xbox, the brand is still strongly associated with the xbox platform.
2.The Switch can be a vital platfom for certain games like Sonic, but kind of embarrassing for others like Fifa.
I just posted that picture so you guys know what I'm talking about.
Look closer, the numbers are from week 45. I want to know why we don't get them anymore since the last 2 weeks.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you think it would have sold the same amount of copies at full price the past two weeks? lol

3 weeks ago it was number 13 in the individual formats value chart.

So it only sells right now because of the deep discount? Or due to advertising? Or due to bundles? Nobody knows where it would chart right now without the huge discount. It could very well be that it would have made more money without the huge discount. Not to say they should not have done a discount at all, though.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
So it only sells right now because of the deep discount? Or due to advertising? Or due to bundles? Nobody knows where it would chart right now without the huge discount. It could very well be that it would have made more money without the huge discount. Not to say they should not have done a discount at all, though.

That is why I posted for you the value (revenue) chart comparison from 3 weeks ago.

The discounting got it up to only bring in less money than Call of Duty WWII PS4, Fifa 18 PS4 and Call of Duty WWII XBO for two weeks straight, one of them being the biggest shopping week of the year.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be real - it's only selling well because of a huge price reduction. It's selling a lot of copies, but not making much money. Personally I'm disappointed to see it at no. 3 in the charts, I hoped more gamers would boycott it and punish Sony for ruining the single player experience.
Whats dissapointing they are fixing most of the problems the game had next week. Its a GaaS game so it will keep getting better over time. Nothing was ruined.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Whats dissapointing they are fixing most of the problems the game had next week. Its a GaaS game so it will keep getting better over time. Nothing was ruined.
Lol, nope. The game will still have a tiny roster of cars, tracks, and the singleplayer campaign is yet to be confirmed in scope. Don't be tricked by their lies, they promised a singleplayer campaign at launch which turned out to be license tests.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Anyone surprised? Xbox problem was never the power but the brand perception on EU, console is non existent here.

Some retailers here in PT have already dropped it out of shelves.

On Amazon France PS4 Pro sold better than Xbox One S and Xbox One X. And I heard from someone working in Micromania(Gamestop), it is the same thing... Maybe PS4 Pro will soon sold better than Xbox One S and Xbox One X combined in some country in Europe. It is probably the case in Portugal or Spain...

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are to early to jump the gun on GTS
2018 will determine if the game is a success or not. Both in regards of GAAS improvements and also sales plus player engagement and retention.
Gran Turismo games tend to have a very long tail with just 1 release every few years.

On Amazon France PS4 Pro sold better than Xbox One S and Xbox One X. And I heard from someone working in Micromania(Gamestop), it is the same thing... Maybe PS4 Pro will soon sold better than Xbox One S and Xbox One X combined in some country in Europe. It is probably the case in Portugal or Spain...

In France Ps4 is outselling Xbox One roughly 3:1
That number is very low compared to some other mainland Europe regions.

Spain as example was 9:1 or 11:1 the last time we got figures...

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
You should look forward to the MC in a couple of days and the Dec NPD then as it's showing some real potential around US and Japan, which are its major markets to begin with.

As a JRPG on a tiny install-base in the UK, it really did as well as it could.

Are JRPG popular in US? I think the games will sell pretty well in France, probably Germany, Swizerland...

After I find the sales pretty good for the title in UK...

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Are JRPG popular in US? I think the games will sell pretty well in France, probably Germany, Swizerland...

After I find the sales pretty good for the tile in UK...

There's a handful of JRPGs in the last few years that launched better than XCX in the US.

FF15, Persona 5, Nier I think, Pokemon _____, Fire Emblem. That's about it.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
1.Despite PS4's domination and several year long market deal, Call of Duty is still a powerhouse on Xbox, the brand is still strongly associated with the xbox platform.
2.The Switch can be a vital platfom for certain games like Sonic, but kind of embarrassing for others like Fifa.

This is an older Top 10.
But, coincidentially enough, Postabargain posted this week's one (they skipped last week)

https://twitter.com/postabargain/status/937653038973620224

DQM15rCWsAA_lxI.jpg

imt558

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, nope. The game will still have a tiny roster of cars, tracks, and the singleplayer campaign is yet to be confirmed in scope. Don't be tricked by their lies, they promised a singleplayer campaign at launch which turned out to be license tests.

Singleplayer campaigns are a past in simulations. Never had so much fun with racing like online in GTS. They delivered and i like the new direction of the franchise. License tests, campaign, arcade are singleplayer content. PD said there will be singleplayer contents. So, where they lied?

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Let's be real - it's only selling well because of a huge price reduction. It's selling a lot of copies, but not making much money. Personally I'm disappointed to see it at no. 3 in the charts, I hoped more gamers would boycott it and punish Sony for ruining the single player experience.
Wut? It is only behind FIFA and CoD in revenue ranking... it is doing tons of money.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
People are to early to jump the gun on GTS
2018 will determine if the game is a success or not. Both in regards of GAAS improvements and also sales plus player engagement and retention.
Gran Turismo games tend to have a very long tail with just 1 release every few years.

In France Ps4 is outselling Xbox One roughly 3:1
That number is very low compared to some other mainland Europe regions.

Spain as example was 9:1 or 11:1 the last time we got figures...

3 to 1 it was before 2017... Xbox One S was into the Amazon top 100 in 2016 in France, it is not in 2017 and the Xbox One X is not there too... From what I heard from my friend working in Micromania, the demand fell off a cliff in 2017... The trade in value of Xbox One continue to be cheaper than the PS4 but the gap is bigger since 2017 because he told me a used Xbox One is much more difficult to sold than a used PS4....

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand why "price drops" always fully explain better sales. Ask Bethesda how it's working for Prey.

I think the bundling is more important.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Which bit? Because I think with the information we have it's definitely tracking better than GT6 was physically and I'm a bit less certain but confident it is tracking better than some of the other games in the franchise.

"It underperformed compared to past mainline games (bar GT6) but its selling very well now."

I agree with this statement

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is an older Top 10.
But, coincidentially enough, Postabargain posted this week's one (they skipped last week)

https://twitter.com/postabargain/status/937653038973620224

DQM15rCWsAA_lxI.jpg
Hmm, using this, we can determine some sales boundaries:

XBC2 did about 14k, and GTAV PS4 was just below it, so that did at most 14k. Total GTAV sales are therefore <(14,000/0.57) = 24,561 units.

Call of Duty did about 149k this week it seems, so the XB1 version did about 64k. GT Sport is above this sku in unit sales, so GTS sold more than 64k this week.

MK8D is above GTAV, so MK8D will likely have sold over 24,500 units.

M+R Kingdom Battle is just above the XB1 sku of GTAV, so M+R will likely have sold over 10k units.

FIFA 18 sold about 121k, and 3% of that were Switch sales, yet the Switch sku is not in the top 40 individual units. So, every game in the individual format chart must have sold over 3.6k.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
GTS is on tracking to be the best best year debut of the franchise.

Let's break these 600k of GT5.

It is probably over 400k with digital already.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Hmm, using this, we can determine some sales boundaries:

XBC2 did about 14k, and GTAV PS4 was just below it, so that did at most 14k. Total GTAV sales are therefore <(14,000/0.57) = 24,561 units.

Call of Duty did about 149k this week it seems, so the XB1 version did about 64k. GT Sport is above this sku in unit sales, so GTS sold more than 64k this week.

MK8D is above GTAV, so MK8D will likely have sold over 24,500 units.

M+R Kingdom Battle is just above the XB1 sku of GTAV, so M+R will likely have sold over 10k units.
That's pretty good for Mario and Rabbids right?

Status
Not open for further replies.