• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Pnaic button looks at this and allows for options in Doom Eternal to turn off any options that would significantly blur the image as well as work with NVIDIA to see if they can implement freestyle sharpening.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Pnaic button looks at this and allows for options in Doom Eternal to turn off any options that would significantly blur the image as well as work with NVIDIA to see if they can implement freestyle sharpening.
They could also go the other route with utilizing A4 Games supsersampling reconstruction as they're doing with Metro Redux on Switch.

Or maybe go really nuts and have them utilize CONTROL style GPU DLSS. On a Tegra chip.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else having an issue uploading their saves to steam from the switch? I can grab my PC saves, but not the other way around

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Does the patch improve "default" visuals beyond the graphical settings? I wish I could word this better.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
The complete list of changes can be found here:

Update 3.6 — list of changes:
  • Added touch control support.
  • Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
  • Added more text languages (in selected regions).
  • Added more graphical options.
  • Added multiple performance optimizations.
  • Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
  • Various gameplay and crash fixes.
While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind:
  • Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
  • If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch's Cloud Save feature won't be able to recognize it.
Additional voice-over languages, added as free DLCs in selected regions, will follow later.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
this is really weird, I can download saves and access my steam cloud no problem, but I can't upload a save from the switch to steam.

Can anyone confirm why it feels less... well, clumsy now? Is it improved performance and reduced latency?

I don't think they changed anything. Maybe one of your saves is on the alternative movement setting?

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
thanks good to know. do you bring your leveled up geralt into the dlc though?
Yeah, I think they start him at 32 and 40 respectively (or something, I'm forgetting the exact numbers)

I don't think they changed anything. Maybe one of your saves is on the alternative movement setting?
Just checked, that's not the case. Maybe my TV screen has lower latency than the Switch...?

Rimon-Hanit

Oct 27, 2017
it's impressive how much better the game looks with just the AA disabled subpar AA methods are just the worst.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
My favourite settings after i played around for a while are:

Handheld
- all blur options on
- sharpness high
- AA on

Docked
- all blur options on or off... Slightly prefer off maybe, not quite sure on this one. Both good
- sharpness high
- AA off
AA off makes a huge difference in docked mode.

Great update.

Last edited:

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
My favourite settings after i played around for a while are:

Handheld
- all blur options on
- sharpness high
- AA on

Docked
- all blur options on or off... Slightly prefer off maybe, not quite sure on this one. Both good
- sharpness high
- AA off
AA off makes a huge difference in docked mode.

Great update.
Dont set the sharpness to high with no AA that is a bunch of fake sharpening

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to Skellige - great timing.

My take on handheld settings:

Gameplay depth of field off. DOF just doesn't work with the already low resolution of the game, just makes everything even blurrier. Cinematic DOF on though.

Sharpening. High sharpening looks too much for me. Low is a subtle effect, but better than off.

AA. The AA solution clearly is subpar, but I still prefer it on because I dislike jaggies. I don't feel the difference is huge though one way or another.

EDIT: there now seems to be a more noticeable delay after pressing + to open the menu.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I find sharpness low, AA on, DoF, blur off to be the best setting.

Great update!

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Wow, what an update. Before this, the smeary image quality was a bridge too far for me, but this is a big improvement. Anyone tried high sharpening and no anti-aliasing in Docked Mode with an mClassic? I have one, and I wonder if the mClassic will provide a better AA solution than the in-game one, at no performance cost.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I can't stress how beautiful this patch is, it really is a game changer and increase my enjoyment of the game tenfold.
AA-on with Sharpen-high gives me this almost cel-shade feel to the game which looks amazing.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Only problem with AA ON and sharpness high is that sometimes the game will disable AA to maintain performance, so occasionally (quite frequently) you will get AA off with sharpness high... yeah.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Only problem with AA ON and sharpness high is that sometimes the game will disable AA to maintain performance, so occasionally (quite frequently) you will get AA off with sharpness high... yeah.

I just played for a couple hours and didn't notice this happening....what area were you in?

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to upload my saves from Switch to Steam Cloud, however I can load saves from the cloud just fine.

If I choose to upload a local Switch save file, the game freezes for a bit then says "uploading save failed". Anyone have a solution?

Tried signing out and back into Steam on the console, restarting the console, and different wifi/wired networks but nothing.

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I haven't gone through all 9 pages but apart from the visual quality upgrades, my impressions of the Cross Save mechanic is that it works perfectly.

My Switcher 3 save was just up to Skellige, so as soon as you put in your Cloud platform of choice login (mine was Steam), I was able to upload to PC immediately.

Ran around, marvelling at the detail now in PC, but with my much more advanced Switch save is awesome (no longer confined to the beginning areas on my PC copy). Completed a few quests, saved out, and Steam automatically uploads to Cloud.

Then, back to my Switch copy from Sleep mode, without having even updated that save I transferred earlier, I was able to go straight to Cloud Saves and 'Load Game' from the PC Steam copy, getting all of the experience from that minor little run. Minor caveat: You'll need to hit an Autosave point or at least Manual save on your Switch copy from here to ensure it has a local version, otherwise the first load from the Cloud isn't automatically saved to your Switch. I learned this the hard way when I was way too aggressive trying to take out Morvudd. Choosing 'Load from recent save' just put me back to the point right before I uploaded to Steam.

But! A simple load from the Cloud put me right back where I needed to be, so not too much time lost.

More or less, pretty straight forward and I'm so impressed with how this convenience has paid off. The two-way transfer is amazing and I'm already tempted to try out Divinity Original Sin 2 just because of how great this feature feels. I'm already tempted to use Steam Link whenever I'm home to simply throw my save on and continue my game in high detail glory on the TV instead of docking, and at least now that option is available.

Kudos to CDPR and Saber Interactive!

GravyCheeks

Oct 31, 2017
I can't seem to upload my saves from Switch to Steam Cloud, however I can load saves from the cloud just fine.

If I choose to upload a local Switch save file, the game freezes for a bit then says "uploading save failed". Anyone have a solution?

Tried signing out and back into Steam on the console, restarting the console, and different wifi/wired networks but nothing.

I'm in the same boat, but not seeing anything about this online so far. :( Gonna stop trying tonight and hope it's a server issue.

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat, but not seeing anything about this online so far. :( Gonna stop trying tonight and hope it's a server issue.
I just deleted the patch data and am attempting to see if reinstalling fixes the problem. If this doesn't work I'll assume it's a server problem as well. Similarly I don't see anything about this online yet. I really want to be able to use this feature!

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having some graphical glitches on my armour pieces, but no biggie. AA off and sharpening on low looks great in portable mode.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The real Nintendo Switch were the cloud saves we made along the way.

The graphics options alone were enough for me to go all in on a physical copy, but I might double-dip since I just got a Geforce Now subscription and have been enjoying it with my laptop - any impressions with Geforce Now users? Seems like it should work fine with Steam saves, though I don't think the GOG version works with Now.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Turning off AA? Absolutely disgusting.
Unfortunately even someone like me, who is a big proponent of any AA versus none, ended up turning off the AA as the implementation just isn't that great. Something about this TAA tends to make any definition look too washed out and muddy. I think the best solution might be if there's someway to retroactively implement DLSS instead.

The true godsend is the sharpness filter. I just cranked that way to high and never looked back. The ailiasing in this game isn't terrible compared to the loss of detail you get with AA on.
I'm buying this the second it hits $20. Really want it, but have already bought it twice.
No excuses now. I had faith in this to begin with but now with cross-saves its just too good to pass up.