• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
That fortify response makes some sense. Goal: Completely block out casters from getting fortify. They accomplished that. Then they tried to mitigate the impacts to ailment melee builds, which they considered. Some stuff like viper strike just isn't something they can address w/o a larger rework of the skill or potentially leaving backdoors in place for trigger gem casters using cyclone to get access to fortifcation stacks.

The last bit was probably priority 1. I think they hate trigger gem cyclone caster setups but they are so popular they can't demolish the archetype without triggering a revolt by the players who play the league the longest.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they moved on

This looks smooth 😍

This is strong and well thought put but expensive and very hard to set up until it's good.

Requires exact Cluster jewels to be able to equip auras and be block capped. Expensive Split Personality to be able to get those high stats.

This guy opted to solve his stun issues by getting a Doryani's with Glancing Blows Scourge modifier. I don't know how expensive that is but it can't be cheap. Build is basically unplayable without stun immunity because it's not evasion reliant, it's armor reliant and you will always get hit a lot.

Otherwise I like a lot of things in here. Once you are set up, you will be doing good damage but be very hard to kill. I personally would have gone Phasing route and gotten Spell Suppression because this build while great against hits and physical damage, it gets kinda slapped by spells and Elemental damage (he is using elemental flasks to mitigate that which is very good).

Also its getting kinda carried by Hydrosphere abusing mechanics when it comes to damage.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished my amulet craft.
It's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. T2 life and T2 chaos dot multi.

UDRxhsN.png

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
There's too much RNG, I don't know why there isn't something like a Krangle orb that will guarantee a Keystone once Tier 3 scourge a body armour or a Karen orb for a curse on hit on gloves.
The actual reward system is boring
The only thing that I have seen so far is minus resistance for Doryani's build or minion's instability, no one is like "I'm gonna play scourge so I can get EO on my armour to do a crazy build with my Ranger"
Sad

I just finished my amulet craft.
It's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. T2 life and T2 chaos dot multi.

UDRxhsN.png
Nice
Process?

This guy opted to solve his stun issues by getting a Doryani's with Glancing Blows Scourge modifier. I don't know how expensive that is but it can't be cheap.
Glancing Blows is allocated on the tree with the help of Thread of Hope

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the base with the two +1 skill gems and a crafted prefix along with 3 trash suffixes.
Then I harvest reforge keep prefix to get rid of a few suffixes.
Then I craft prefix cannot be changed and Harvest reforge life. I got lucky and got T2 life immediately. otherwise I probably redo this step.
Then I craft prefix cannot be change and Harvest reforge chaos. I got lucky again and got T2 chaos immediately along with no other mods. I might've been happy with chaos res or something instead, but otherwise I would've redone this step.
Finally I just add the beastcraft.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea how a Windripper that dropped on ground managed to have 30% quality (sextant maybe?) But I managed to 6-link it on top with less than 50 jewellers and fusings. Sold for a pile of exalts.

Starting to feel good about this league :)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry not Glancing Blows, Unwavering Stance. The one that makes him stun immune.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they aren't done with the league mechanic. It's nice that the map side has use. But the items remain utter garbage through and through. Both those you krangle and those that drop. I just don't see how anyone who has ever played this game could have thought this was a good reward mechanic.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I want them to keep tainted fus in the game. They've already recognized a problem with the difficulty of 6L items on gear progression, something they've decided to do away with in PoE2. Leave in mechanics that mitigate that difficulty until you fix it entirely.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I took down Maven and the Feared with my Bane Occultist.

I'm really happy with this league starter.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
I lost my body armour in a corruption chamber and I'm now doing T16 and blighted map with a tabula 😅

I bought the base with the two +1 skill gems and a crafted prefix along with 3 trash suffixes.
Then I harvest reforge keep prefix to get rid of a few suffixes.
Then I craft prefix cannot be changed and Harvest reforge life. I got lucky and got T2 life immediately. otherwise I probably redo this step.
Then I craft prefix cannot be change and Harvest reforge chaos. I got lucky again and got T2 chaos immediately along with no other mods. I might've been happy with chaos res or something instead, but otherwise I would've redone this step.
Finally I just add the beastcraft.
4 ex craft?
Nice

I took down Maven and the Feared with my Bane Occultist.

I'm really happy with this league starter.
Nice
Haven't done any big fight yet, too busy doing nothing in my hideout 😅

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt kill A0 Sirus (yes, zero).

Went into full tilt, bought 2 achievements to reach 24 and quit the league.

>:(

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Dahbomb just wanted to say thanks for the LS build. I'm comfortably farming reds, and building my atlas completion. I've done awakener 8, elder/shaper guardians, and elder with the build. I tilted into another universe against shaper though. Maven twin tilted me like crazy.

Anyone know what the higher end atlas strategies are this league? I'm sitting on 22ish exalts and want to start buying some watchstones to farm currency for the next build.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's still Nemesis 3 as the undisputed king of currency. Otherwise Tower T3 MF has been really good this league thanks to Scourge maps.

Otherwise Expeditions and Heists. Breaches are still very good, Grimro made a video about it. Honestly it's more about what you want to be doing and what your build can handle.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
spun up a crack lance elementalist, into maps and just levelling in delve at the moment. Quite enjoy the general gameplay, managing intensity stacks for the beam/arcs.

I don't think I've ever played a ghost reaver/ES leech build but feels pretty nice on a moderate pool (3k HP+3k ES). Just struggles against quick successive hits at the moment. Once I actually get more spell block, half decent ES pool and more spell damage leeched as ES it should feel real nice.

Jan 20, 2019
It is ranning ex all day

Doing Tower with nemesis 3 and harbriger, around 1,5ex to 2ex per map, the only complain is how much currency is on the screen, need to find a better filter. Also doing scourge, doing between 250 to 300 stacks, it is much easier to deal with them and they can only come from one side.

GotMurked

Sep 7, 2020
Is there any benefit to running dash vs other mobility skills that do dmg like leap strike? The build I'm following has dash

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any benefit to running dash vs other mobility skills that do dmg like leap strike? The build I'm following has dash
Dash is instant, fast, and doesn't require high attack or cast speed. It has the downside of cooldowns, but that's the trade off. Other mobility skills require high attack or cast speed to be useful. Also, for the most part you aren't doing a lot of damage with mobility skills.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I think I'm going to stop bothering with Heist, my character seems to squishy for it. I can reliably farm T16 maps without dying but I get insta-gibbed by a rare mob in a random level 73 contract for some reason.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That seems strange. How do you die? Blow up during the escape? Dangerous mods? (-5% res per 25% alert, etc.)

It's during escapes most of the time yeah. I don't think it's due to mod as I usually avoid rippy ones but maybe I didn't pay attention to certain of them, then again I feel it happened in a quest contract too... It's pretty much always a one shot (or what seems like a one shot) to a shield charging dude.
I guess I'll just try to rush the exit next time.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Blight-Ravaged maps drop rate is horrendous

How?
I have known this for a while now, even since the league was introduced but players have min-maxed it further. Here is a Reddit post:

Basically Magic Find farming Tower map at tier 3, which drops Nurse card (and the Wretched div card which is worth some money I guess). The trick that the person uses is that they first Sextant up their Watchstones, open up the map and then remove the Watchstones so that they can drop T3 Tower maps allowing them to infinitely sustain Tower T3 maps (if you kept the Watchstones you would get higher tier maps).

Scourge has a MORE multiplier on item quantity which includes Divination cards. Stack on stuff like Divination Scarabs, item quantity on map itself through fragments, juice it with Sextants and have a good time.

It will still take a while but people have done it within I think a couple thousand maps which is kinda nutty for self farming a Headhunter that reliably.

This method also gets you a lot of uniques because Scourge also has a item rarity multiplier if you care about that stuff. I believe Mageblood can't drop from a lower map tier like T3 Tower but its been confirmed that Squire can drop.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
I watched steelmage do some of that farming. The process makes sense. You can just build a zoomy map deleting build as the damage requirements are pretty low for a t3 map and it makers getting the gear build together pretty accessible.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And I see Windripper is over 100C now LOL! Goldwyrm also above 50C. Voidfletcher over 200C, Hyri's Demise 170+C.

People are definitely getting in on the MF train.

Which means this is an opportunity to make side cash. You can favorite your T3 Tower Maps and sell them in bulk for 4-5C each.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, some beginners questions.
Where do I get the item required to do the last trial (lvl 75)?

I am doing atlas (have 8 gems) and Maven 1/3 on Glennach... The problem I am completely lost now, what should I do? Until now I am doing maps a bit random, just to complete the bonus.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, some beginners questions.
Where do I get the item required to do the last trial (lvl 75)?

I am doing atlas (have 8 gems) and Maven 1/3 on Glennach... The problem I am completely lost now, what should I do? Until now I am doing maps a bit random, just to complete the bonus.

The trial will spawn in maps, you need to be a little bit patient and fine-tune your character because it's not a good idea to do the last trial with bad gear and low-level character

Don't focus too much on the Maven thing, try to progress in the atlas, run your highest tier maps and you will progress in the end game questline

Edit: You can watch this in the background while you play 😁. They halved the number of regions since the release of the video

Last edited:

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
And I see Windripper is over 100C now LOL! Goldwyrm also above 50C. Voidfletcher over 200C, Hyri's Demise 170+C.

People are definitely getting in on the MF train.

Which means this is an opportunity to make side cash. You can favorite your T3 Tower Maps and sell them in bulk for 4-5C each.

It's a farm that requires no trading or any real external interaction once you've set it up. You just run your scourged maps and sell your bulk. It's like T2 glaciers in Legion only it's even easier to sustain the maps.

Not for everyone, but if you had to 'make MF good' this is probably the least offensive way possible.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
🥲
My Blight league is not going well
I lost 6 Blight-ravaged maps: rip 1ex.
I bought a corrupted anomalous melee splash gem with only 14% quality: rip 1.5 ex. I feel bad for putting that on trade
I don't know if I'm making currency or converting vìchaos into something else

But
Golden oils are price fixed hard or/and the demand is high, I sold 4 for 40C each very quickly
The stacked deck gave me 1 Nurse, 4 Patients and 1 Enlightened

I will never buy a Squire if I keep doing this but I dunno 🤷‍♂️, I'm kinda having fun

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
The trial will spawn in maps, you need to be a little bit patient and fine-tune your character because it's not a good idea to do the last trial with bad gear and low-level character

Don't focus too much on the Maven thing, try to progress in the atlas, run your highest tier maps and you will progress in the end game questline

Edit: You can watch this in the background while you play 😁. They halved the number of regions since the release of the video

Thanks

Any advice on scourge maps to maximize profits?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that we are due for the release of Hard mode any week now. GGG hasnt provided an update for that yet. I wonder if it got pushed back to next league.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Once I got a Devouring Diadem, allowing me to use Determination & Frost Shield, my RF + Tempest Shield Ascendant has gotten so much tankier. Now I actually feel fairly comfortable letting scourge hordes attack me.

Only using one scourge piece of equipment right now though - a wand that got +43% lightning damage in exchange for -28% cold resist. Since I was overcapped on cold resist, it was a pretty good outcome.

Do the higher tier maps give more crucible XP? Really want to get those last tier bonuses, but it feels like progression has slowed drastically.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that we are due for the release of Hard mode any week now. GGG hasnt provided an update for that yet. I wonder if it got pushed back to next league.

I was watching RaizQT this morning while getting ready for work, and he said he knew a secret about PoE of something happening in December. It was heavily hinted that he was referring to Hard Mode, so thats my guess on it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks

Any advice on scourge maps to maximize profits?
Unless you have a very powerful character, you should only be Scourging very low tier maps with good lay outs (or divination card drops). So stuff like Strand and Tower maps especially.

You want to Scourge them ONCE first to see what reward types are on there. These can range from Fragments, Maps, Currency, Scarabs, Breach Splinters and Simulacrum splinters. Scarabs and Simulacrum splinters are the most valuable ones, with Abyss jewel ones being at the bottom in terms of value. If you get a good reward type, then you want to Scourge it up to tier 10.... if you get a bad reward type, then remove the Scourge map and throw in another one instead.

As far as the negative/downsides go, you can sell the ones you can't run and run yourself the ones you can. A tier 10 Scarabs reward Scourged map sells for values in the Exalts:

www.pathofexile.com

Path of Exile

Path of Exile is a free online-only action RPG under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand.

This video is extremely helpful for making the most out of Scourged maps:

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
So I noticed in the promotional footage for PoE2 much of the character animation looks significantly improved. And apparently they are kind of slow-rolling certain improvements into the current game... when will these animation changes make it into the game, or is that a wait for the official PoE2 release thing?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed in the promotional footage for PoE2 much of the character animation looks significantly improved. And apparently they are kind of slow-rolling certain improvements into the current game... when will these animation changes make it into the game, or is that a wait for the official PoE2 release thing?
Maybe before POE2. They do skill animation touch ups, monster updates and other visual improvements every patch.

The main thing that won't be coming before PoE2 is the campaign and the skill gem system. Probably the new Ascendancies too. Everything else seems fair game. Stuff like Scourge monsters are being made using PoE2 tech.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe before POE2. They do skill animation touch ups, monster updates and other visual improvements every patch.

The main thing that won't be coming before PoE2 is the campaign and the skill gem system. Probably the new Ascendancies too. Everything else seems fair game. Stuff like Scourge monsters are being made using PoE2 tech.
Ah okay. Sounds good, thanks.

Rufus

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
All of the new league content since Heist (?) appears to be made at PoE2 fidelity. From NPC models, UI, to tileset detail levels, etc.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So aside from the Atlas, what's the next major thing to be revamped for PoE?

I have to feel that Loot 2.0 has to be close to the next major feature. That's one of the big things that the game has been needing for a while. It's been forever since Chris said it was in the work.

Would be cool if new Atlas launched aside Loot 2.0. Really start off 2022 strong like they did with 2021 and Maven.

I wonder if they will ever top this trailer for PoE 3.13:

It has everything for a great trailer. Godly soundtrack, epic voice over, flashy bosses all over, Atlas passives, Ascendancy reworks, great editing.

Actually liked the Scourge trailer too.