werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Now that I think about it, the build is DoT-based so chill isn't even that big of a deal; it's more of just an annoyance.

Athleon

Oct 28, 2017
Do you think 100% reduced effect of chill (and 30% reduced elemental ailment duration) on an HP-based character with 80% max cold resist & near-maxed spell block enough or is chill avoidance/immunity mandatory? I've heard that 100% reduced effect of ailments doesn't actually give you immunity if a monster has an increase in ailment effect mod (but I think it should give essential immunity to map chilled ground).

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ailment#Ailment_defences

Although practically I don't think I've ever noticed something getting through 100% reduced effect in any significant way.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this after D4 got me back into the ARPG genre after a long break. Have to say this is definitely one of the most complicated games I've played but having a lot of fun still. Only thing that is kinda bothering me is when reading/watching newbie guides almost all say you should follow a build guide? My fantasy was building a fire elementalist that specializes in spells like Scorching Ray, but I guess that isn't viable? Plus what does a league starter build mean?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this after D4 got me back into the ARPG genre after a long break. Have to say this is definitely one of the most complicated games I've played but having a lot of fun still. Only thing that is kinda bothering me is when reading/watching newbie guides almost all say you should follow a build guide? My fantasy was building a fire elementalist that specializes in spells like Scorching Ray, but I guess that isn't viable? Plus what does a league starter build mean?
It's pretty difficult to make a build that works well in Path of Exile, even for experienced players.
If you make your own build you will probably be able to finish the campaign, but it might be difficult at some points. It will be very difficult to do the post-campaign content. If you're fine with that then that's fine.
Following a build guide will make it all smoother and give you more of a chance to see more of the game's content. You can probably find a guide for a fire elementalist if you want to.

League starter build means a build that works without a lot of expensive items, so it's great when you're starting off. Some other guides require really expensive items for the build to feel good.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
League starter in the context of ARPGs usually means a build you can use at the start of a "season" to do lots of the content you like without requiring specialized uniques or other kinds of hard to acquire setups.

In general, if you're an ARPG vet I would say it's 100% not necessary to follow a build. In fact I would argue using build guides for newer players probably hurts your long term understanding of the game because you're just blindly following what someone else is saying instead of critically thinking about whatever problem you're trying to solve. As long as you're fine with not "100%ing" all content on your first build of a league making your own should be fine and will get your knowledge base for the game up.

If you understand what kind of damage you want to do (lightning, fire, poison, etc.) and then take passive nodes on the tree to boost that damage, and a moderate amount of defense/life on the tree you will get pretty far.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

I never use build guides and I'm fine. For that matter, my current build is a Fire Elementalist who uses Scorching Ray.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Only thing that is kinda bothering me is when reading/watching newbie guides almost all say you should follow a build guide?
Also just wanted to say alot of the streamers / youtubers who say you should follow a build guide also make build guides on youtube or work for the Maxroll build website. I don't doubt that some people believe this but it's really hard to take someone seriously or genuine when they have a vested interest in guiding players towards using build guides.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I'm an arpg veteran going right back to D1, and I'd have to disagree. Sure, you can do the campaign and early maps using your own build. But the chances of you understanding the different mechanics and the various defense mechanisms are basically 0 without extensive experience. If you're fine hitting that wall and restarting several times then go for it, but I would always, always recommend a guide for a new player.

PoE is easily, hands down, one of the most complex mainstream games ever, and a huge part of that complexity is utterly baffling and unintuitive.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The basic things for new players is:
1) have enough HP and/or ES.
2) have multiple layers of defense.
3) don't spread your offense focus too thin (pick a theme and stick with it).

I'm all for looking stuff up to see how it works, but you can figure out how to play and build a character just by playing the game if you know how these kinds of games work.

As far as I'm concerned, figuring out your build IS the game, and if you're not doing that, you might as well just be watching twitch streams.

My current build that I cobbled together from what dropped for me in SSF.

LV90 Fire-based Elementalist.
Righteous Fire with Scorching Ray (25% bonus to exposure).
LV30 Flame Wall & Searing Bond (Pragmatism and +2 fire spell gems in other slots)
Low 4k HP (which needs to be improved).
10k+ AR as a baseline (higher with flasks & molten shell)
80% max elemental resist (85% on fire max), positive chaos resist (could improve)
74% spell block
Golems buffing my phys defense, life regen, damage, and cast speed.

It's far from perfect, but it's been fun so far.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can beat the campaign with stuff you want to do as long as it makes sense.

You can even do some early maps but that's generally where you need to level up your knowledge game and probably start a new character with the new stuff you learned. There will absolutely be knowledge gaps in your journey that if you know will make your life a lot easier (like going to your Hideout and using the crafting bench to add life or resistances to gear).

As long as your are getting life on gear + tree, capping your elemental resistances and hyper specializing on your damage type... you will be fine.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the replies. I'm fine with not having the most optimized build out there. As long as I can at least finish the campaign comfortably and tip my toes in the endgame a bit. Also fun to see others playing Scorching Ray builds!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Scorching Ray is a perfectly fine skill though it's usually like a secondary skill in a build. Usually players pair it with another ignite or fire damage over time skill like Fire Trap, Armageddon Brand or Righteous Fire. Fire DoTs can stack but not ignites (even though Ignite is a fire DoT... yeah it's weird like that). People also generally don't like the channeling playstyle.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
One nice thing about Scorching Ray is the Balefire unique - it gives you a LV25 version of Scorching Ray plus 3 sockets for supports. It's a super common unique drop (I usually see a few drop per league even in SSF) and it's great for getting started on the post-game while you're still trying to get your equipment sorted.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Finding Sacred Wisps support is a reallty nice gem. It doesn't let wanders freeroll bossing, but it makes dealing with tanky rares and map bosses way better. It's a good adjustive complement to the wander archetype that needed a lot of investment to feel good after the big rare monster changes and creep of difficultly into maps via map modifier effect.

Playing it on a chaos-hit based Power Siphon build. Unholy might is absolutely nuts for hit-based phys->chaos conversion.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just got the following weapon from gravecrafting.

Wrath Skewer
2H Sword
Innate: +30% elemental damage with attack skills
74-155 phys
165-306 fire, 74-132 cold, 29-516 lightning
1.59 aps
+10% global accuracy
Free suffix

Not mirror-worthy or anything, but not bad for SSF (1153 dps). In the mood to try a melee build. Thinking of making a Raider and trying out Frost Blades of Katabasis (using the free suffix to craft cold DoT multi).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of weapon would be good?
Majority of the damage of this skill is like a Cold DoT. Probably just use a Scepter with 40% increased elemental damage and then generic cold damage, + to skill gems and and DoT multipliers. + to skill gems is going to be your biggest source of damage for the DoT and you can't scale it with spell damage. Cane of Kulemak could be a good option.

One neat trick with this skill is that Exerting it actually adds to the damage. You probably won't get it in SSF, but the Echoes of Creation helmet that is normally used for Slams will actually work for this skill since it doesn't specify that the damage buff is for Melee only. This skill has some weird interactions that you wouldn't think of normally like Elemental damage with attacks actually buffs the Cold DoT portion too!

If you want to use the skill for mainly the hit portion then you are much better off using the regular Frostblades.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My thought was I'd use it for both hit & DoT, and then since it's a 2H, I'd stick something like Static Strike in the other 5/6-link to stack another pseudo-DoT (the periodic hits). Elemental Damage with Attacks, Inspiration, Hypothermia, and Trinity should all boost both the DoT & the direct hits. And having decent hit damage will help with survivability (leech & fortify).

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
Crazy bug just discovered, if you use the new beast that 6links/6sockets stuff with an unid unique item, it will 6 link it no matter what. So people now have 6 link squires, 6 link kaoms, 6 link mjolners, 6 link anything lmao

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy bug just discovered, if you use the new beast that 6links/6sockets stuff with an unid unique item, it will 6 link it no matter what. So people now have 6 link squires, 6 link kaoms, 6 link mjolners, 6 link anything lmao
I throw the world "unethical" around pretty liberally but this is emergency hot fix tier territory.

Man this league has been a doozy.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
They need PoE 2 to come out, so they can have the full team working on everything again.

IMO anyway

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need PoE 2 to come out, so they can have the full team working on everything again.

IMO anyway
Honestly true. While it hasn't been as bad recently, there was a time where the output quality of PoE1 was quite hampered due to ongoing PoE2 development.

Also telling that the new stuff we have been getting in PoE1 like Necropolis assets, Wildwood assets and even Sanctum assets are PoE2 assets.

With that said, I am not as down on GGG for Necropolis as some people. This was an ambitious expansion and they tried a lot of new and different things, I applaud going for haymakers. The Scarab system with some tweaks could be great. Necropolis with way less fiddlyness could be good too. The thing that I mostly disliked this league was T17 maps, their current implementation is a big mistake. And this is core content so I canr be as forgiving on it.

Off tangent but I always thought MF (quant/rarity on gear) was a mistake. Yes I get the arguments for it that Chris has repeated ad nauseum, I still don't like it.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I genuinely don't understand MF on gear. It's been shown every single time it's implemented to be a mistake, yet Chris remains obsessed with it. It's simple bad, and there's no way of making it not bad.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I'm fine with +% to magic find. I think +%quantity is what the huge fucking mistake is, actual amount of loot dropping is not something you should be able to affect with gear.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm okay with MF - it's nice getting a bit here and there in SSF so that you get a decent number of uniques. I'd be fine if they got rid of IIQ on equipment though (only get it via maps and map altars).

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I genuinely don't understand MF on gear. It's been shown every single time it's implemented to be a mistake, yet Chris remains obsessed with it. It's simple bad, and there's no way of making it not bad.
Even GGG realizes that Quant is a problem so they are removing it and we just have Rarity find in PoE2.

Rarity find is much better than Quant BUT most of the same problems remain.

*Since the most powerful MF mods are usually on uniques, this means MF characters are all using the same equipment. It creates the same exact problem as Set Items.

*IF they make a crazy choice of putting MF on a lot of Rares then that basically means it's optimum to run Rares with 5 mods + MF. It's a similar problem to what currently exists with Spell Suppression though not as had because alternates to Suppression exist... MF is MF.

*MF makes the best skills in the game (and the best Ascendancies) disproportionately stronger. The best skills in the game can give up slots for MF as they are less gear dependent. This also removes a lot of interesting builds from taking full advantage of MF since many builds can't give up unique slots. That's why MF builds are all based around a few top tier skills.

*Who the hell thinks a "MF build" is interesting? I don't think a MF build has made it on Build of the Week.

Now as to WHY GGG (or Chris and Jonathan simply tolerates it) likes it is that it's another vector for improving your character. There are only a few vectors to improve your character, you can make a character tankier, have higher damage, have higher clear speed or have higher MF.

However, even this philosophy has an issue and that's having higher MF is not an interesting vector.

There are many ways to scale defenses. I can go Life or ES or Mana. I can scale Armor or Evasion or both. I can scale block and/or spell suppression. The way defense works in PoE is one of the most interesting in pretty much any game.

There are obviously hundreds of ways to scale offense.

There are many ways to scale your clear speed. You can have higher AoE, you can use chain/pierce/fork, you can have additional strikes, melee splash, additional Projectiles, higher movement speed, higher attack speed on movement skills, better cooldowns, explosions etc.

To get higher MF, you just get higher MF. It's not as compelling of a vector.

Jonathan also defends that it's about balancing. Yeah sure... you can just greatly nerf the value of MF on gear. Then it becomes less satisfactory to use, who the hell is going to get excited over a 2% MF stat?

Sorry for the rant but I just feel quite strongly about this.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to balance though.

1) Get rid of IIQ on equipment.
2) Hard-cap IIR to something that's meaningful but not super hard to reach (like +150%). I know there's a soft cap now.

You get rid of the dedicated MF builds, while still allowing people to get some MF on their gear if they want better rewards with an equipment handicap. And since you can get IIR from most equipment slots (as well as from a support gem), you're not shoehorned into a specific setup.

Last edited:

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Even GGG realizes that Quant is a problem so they are removing it and we just have Rarity find in PoE2.

Rarity find is much better than Quant BUT most of the same problems remain.

*Since the most powerful MF mods are usually on uniques, this means MF characters are all using the same equipment. It creates the same exact problem as Set Items.

*IF they make a crazy choice of putting MF on a lot of Rares then that basically means it's optimum to run Rares with 5 mods + MF. It's a similar problem to what currently exists with Spell Suppression though not as had because alternates to Suppression exist... MF is MF.

*MF makes the best skills in the game (and the best Ascendancies) disproportionately stronger. The best skills in the game can give up slots for MF as they are less gear dependent. This also removes a lot of interesting builds from taking full advantage of MF since many builds can't give up unique slots. That's why MF builds are all based around a few top tier skills.

*Who the hell thinks a "MF build" is interesting? I don't think a MF build has made it on Build of the Week.

Now as to WHY GGG (or Chris and Jonathan simply tolerates it) likes it is that it's another vector for improving your character. There are only a few vectors to improve your character, you can make a character tankier, have higher damage, have higher clear speed or have higher MF.

However, even this philosophy has an issue and that's having higher MF is not an interesting vector.

There are many ways to scale defenses. I can go Life or ES or Mana. I can scale Armor or Evasion or both. I can scale block and/or spell suppression. The way defense works in PoE is one of the most interesting in pretty much any game.

There are obviously hundreds of ways to scale offense.

There are many ways to scale your clear speed. You can have higher AoE, you can use chain/pierce/fork, you can have additional strikes, melee splash, additional Projectiles, higher movement speed, higher attack speed on movement skills, better cooldowns, explosions etc.

To get higher MF, you just get higher MF. It's not as compelling of a vector.

Jonathan also defends that it's about balancing. Yeah sure... you can just greatly nerf the value of MF on gear. Then it becomes less satisfactory to use, who the hell is going to get excited over a 2% MF stat?

Sorry for the rant but I just feel quite strongly about this.

I'm not sure if it exists in the PoE1 currently but MF should def have a soft cap. So like once you hit I dunno 100% MF it gets much less effective to have more.

I also wish it was a more interesting choice on HOW exactly magic find affected your character. So imagine if Magic Find did either 1 of 4 things but you could only choose 1 of the benefits. Straight up work how it does now and increase chance of items to be magic/rare/unique. Or it could give no buff to the rarity of items that dropped but it would increase the chance for uniques that do drop to have a greater chance to be more valuable uniques (so basically buff what tiers of uniques drop.) Or you could choose to use MF to solely increase the chance of your currency drops rolling more valuable (again like the unique one, it would be a buff to the currency drop tiers.) Lastly you could choose to use it to make dropped rares have mods roll at the higher tiers more frequently.

You could also entirely remove it from unique items and make it a drop only rare mod so it becomes harder to "build around." and something you occasionally will have a bit more of. Either way I think there's room for magic find in loot games and I think we have a much larger capacity to make it a more interesting stat.

+% to quantity was def a massive mistake though.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Quant on gear has diminishing returns. But getting those first few slots of MF gears makes a big difference still.

MF would be more interesting if it worked like some of fhe MF stats in Heist. If you got specific bonuses to certain item types rather than a generic increase. I can have "15% increased chance to drop unique Armors" so there is more of a targeted aspect to it.

Pretty much anything would be better than what they have now.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
This league needed way more time in the oven. Like two seperate concepts in one, and neither really works. Was in the process of making a new character, and ended up quitting when I hit 87. Will play to hit the challenge rewards because I want the mtx, but other than that the league isn't for me. Needs a ton of work to be good. Hopefully, they aren't adding this to the core game because it's quite honestly trash.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Seems unlikely to go core. I hope they do not continue to do the league mechanic on the atlas tree in the future. It feels bad. I want my points for other league mechanics.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Seems unlikely to go core. I hope they do not continue to do the league mechanic on the atlas tree in the future. It feels bad. I want my points for other league mechanics.
Overall I liked it on the tree. I would have been really shitty if there was only 1 passive tree but now that we have 3 overall it was a big win IMO. I had x1 passive tree for corpses and x2 others that went into other league mechanics.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
i don't like it on the tree. Though that may be due to the general keystones being kind of lame for the league mechanic. Everything on there for the league mechanic just felt like a + modifier or increased %. Bake increases into the league mechanic baseline or at least make the modifiers/keystones on the atlas have drastic changes to how the content works that aren't just terrible rng.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New league mechanics should always come fully juiced.

I think if they want unique specializations for the new League mechanic then they should do a Sentinel style mini tree.

Didn't think I would see a league with worse League retention than Kalandra but here we are. It's a multifaceted issue here. I still don't think this is a bad league, I just think GGG's ambition exceeded their grasp here.

*This is a league where GGG's hypothesis actually came true that if you give players TOO much power/stuff easily then they quit faster. Before this league, the hypothesis didn't really pan out but here it is. Maybe it was because we had two back to back league with added giftedness.

*T17s/Uber changes were a colossal failure. The mods are terrible and the T17s fail to create a mod ground between Ubers and regular content. The RNG is too high, difficulty is too high and rewards are too high. Why are Atlas bonuses applying to content that is meant for access to Ubers? Also with the shuffling of loot tables, they have made Uber regular/required/standard content. Too many powerful and build enabling uniques are behind Uber fights now.

*Scarab changes while overall good have made them more mandatory than before and eliminated lower budget strats (obviously not entirely but the gap is more palpable). Coupled with the T17s being required for efficient play and you needing stronger characters, the gap between player power never FELT more apparent. This also makes it feel more punishing for playing not top tier builds. This is the REAL FOMO, not that some players got to exploit early which is something that usually happens in many leagues.

*The added complexity of scarabs plus Necropolis and other elements has made the game even more "inside baseball" than before. This league is very rough for casuals getting into the game.

*Terrible QoL in this league with so many additional clicks needed. Click to check lantern, click to pick up or use Allflames, click to pick up corpses, click to stash corpses, click to place composes. The crafting mechanic I am shocked made it live like it did. I don't mind farming a long time for a single craft that is very powerful, but the whole placing of corpses mechanic is dog shit.

*I don't know how much this is a factor for non sweaty players, but the whole yo-yoing of powerful strats being nerfed, then buffed then nerfed got to a lot of people. I agree with them needing to change the stuff and I think most people do, but it still leads to a sour taste in the mouth and you are left wondering if anything was tested properly. Maybe the whole Scarab/T17 changes are growing pains and it will be fine once they are properly tuned.

Random person gripe: The Adorned jewel needs to be nerfed. I am seeing Ruetoo Frostblade of Katabasis build, and I am sorry but it's dog shit. Any build that uses Mageblood, Melding, Adorned jewels is going to look good. Not to mention tacking on Oriaths End flask and a couple of other Uber uniques. And so many builds are just Adorn stacking something.

Last edited:

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think the reason is for that?

They added a lot of cool things in terms of QoL for this league. Added higher tier maps with extremely challenging content. The 3 atlas tree change was incredible to me. People have talked about Harvest crafting being the best thing ever for years, and here they gave us an even better way to deterministically craft any gear we want.

I dipped out earlier than normal admittedly, but that's because i played so much affliction that ive filled my PoE need for awhile.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think the reason is for that?

They added a lot of cool things in terms of QoL for this league. Added higher tier maps with extremely challenging content. The 3 atlas tree change was incredible to me. People have talked about Harvest crafting being the best thing ever for years, and here they gave us an even better way to deterministically craft any gear we want.

I dipped out earlier than normal admittedly, but that's because i played so much affliction that ive filled my PoE need for awhile.
I listed some reasons above.

Yea people like Harvest crafting but Graveyard crafting is at least 10x more cumbersome. I honestly don't even care if it prints mirror items if it's that much of a hassle, that's just not fun or engaging.

The higher tier maps were implemented in a very poor way and it unfortunately has shifted the whole game and economy for the worse. Not to mention that some of the mods and bosses are still incredibly buggy.

Whatever QoL stuff they added to the core game is completely overshadowed by the lack of QoL in the new League.

I also think that there are more things at play than even I listed. Like you said, there are people who over played during Affliction and are taking it easier in Affliction. I personally got really demotivated for the league when the PoE2 delay was announced so I already knew I wasn't going to play it that much. Some people bought into the FOMO too hard and noped out. It's also entirely possible that with more competition from other ARPGs now that people check out of a league quicker these days.

TalkativeTri posted a video about it before the thread even went up:

youtu.be

The Death of PoE 3.24 Necropolis League is Heartbreaking

The latest Path of Exile 1 expansion, Necropolis, is among the lowest player retention leagues of all time, only surpassed by Archnemesis in unpopularity at ...

Maybe the most applicable statement of all is that the player's confidence and security in the economy was shattered. Chris Wilson said on an interview that having a secured and regulated economy is sacrosanct and anything that jeopardizes it needs to be fixed asap.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
My main issue with Necropolis is I want deterministic crafting, but not like this. I don't want to spend days trying to get just the right Necropolis mods for one single attempt at a mirror-tier item. I'd much rather do something like Rog crafting. Or just loosen up restrictions on benchcrafting like having multiple benchcraft mods possible by default instead of taking up a suffix slot & costing expensive currency.

Last edited:

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
QoL stuff is ultimately just QoL stuff, it isn't going to be the thing that keeps people playing for a month or two. It's the side dish to a new league.

I dipped super early this league so can't comment on the T17/uber stuff but the league mechanic itself is a bit of a mess. The crafting pulls/combines the worst aspects of all the existing crafting methods while also living firmly in spreadsheet sim territory. Yeah you can print stuff but if the process to get there isn't fun there won't be much doing.

With no new story/bosses/general content/whatever it's hard to keep people around and in afflictions case I think they really nailed the balance for what they can be putting out at this stage.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Surprised retention is worse than Kalandra... Despite not really liking crafting leagues, Kalandra was on a whole other level of awful so that shocks me.

T17's seem like a huge miss. They don't seem at all like a bridge to uber bossing. They are going to have to tune them way down if they want them to become their stated goal.

I think the scarab change is pretty ok but it makes you have to tinker around with inventory and stash to get full use. I also feel like I didn't want to use them until I had most of my atlas points which is kind of another issue.

I do think this will probably feel alot better next patch but for such a monumental change to end-game it feels like it should have gotten more time in the oven, or maybe released 1 piece at a time. Scarabs and then next league Tier 17's.

I also think this is all exacerbated by the fact we're coming off probably if not the best a top 3 league of all time. Yea MF was broken but even if you wern't being full degen it felt super rewarding and I still miss the extra ascendancies, they were so good.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The type of crafting I would like to see is where you can make incremental upgrades on your items rather than 0 to 100 an item.

Some type of crafts I would like to see from such a league (this type of crafting should not work with the crafting bench):

*Upgrade a modifier by a tier, downgrade a modifier by a tier (or remove an affix if it's the lowest of the tier)
*Reroll the values of prefixes or suffixes.
*Reroll the tiers of Prefix or Suffix (so you can attempt to fix "bad" tiers for good affixes).
*Remove a mod, add a mod (so PoE2 chaos orb)
*Remove a suffix or remove a Prefix.
*Add a suffix or a Prefix.
*Remove all suffixes or prefixes.
*Reroll suffixes or prefixes.
*Remove the highest tier mod but upgrade the lowest tier mod.

They had something going with the Eldritch crafting orbs but it was never really expanded upon and it was only locked to influenced Armors. Also a lot of the cooler crafting options are behind Rog.

Basically these crafts aren't really spammable, they are meant for almost good items that can be made great. Each action is meaty when you do it.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine some of the drop-off is just due to outside competition and not Necropolis-specific.

Last Epoch - Feb 22, 2024
No Rest for the Wicked - April 19, 2024
Hades II (EA) - May 7, 2024

Those are all games that I could see resulting in some Path of Exile players taking a break to try the new hotness. Like I'm starting to get bored of my current build and I'm tempted to play one of those new games rather than reroll a new character.

I'm also guessing I'm not the only Action/RPG player who has been replaying Elden Ring because of the DLC coming out soon.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I did some T17s early in the league but they weren't that fun, and all that followed was a wack-a-mole of different currency making strategies. I've had little desire to play this league.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
I played probably the most I've played since harvest.

I can understand all the factors not working for necropolis though.

Hopefully GGG addresses the issues surrounding T17s or we are going to be in a similar place next league.