• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Such a strange goal to have. There HAS to be some beef going on in the background no one knows about.
It's not really a secret that Galyonkin was a huge Ubisoft fanboy long before he started to work in game development, he always defended them in his blog no matter what, he has very notorious posts about how Ubisoft did nothing wrong with broken DRM they implemented in their late 00's-early 10's games. Seriously, as someone who followed his career since days he was an editor in chief of a local gaming magazine, all those weird decisions and deals that happened with EGS so far are entirely based on his own preferences, things he likes and what he thinks is right.

For example, he praised studio lead of Metro games creators several times and always followed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro development, he even tried to spread a dumb rumor about Bethesda buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise when the sequel was canceled in 2013 - and 5 years later Epic, US-based company which was never a big market for Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, suddenly spending crazy money on Metro Exodus exclusivity. After launching SteamSpy he started to think he is a best friend of indie developers now, and when Valve borked SteamSpy with GDPR changes, he cried in his blog about how this was a planned attack against him - and literally a few months later EGS launched and they started to "help" indies by giving them loads of cash for exclusivity. I've mentioned his rooting for Ubisoft above, it's really not about Epic in this case, it's just him wanting Ubisoft to succeed as much as possible and in his eyes, Ubisoft getting all profits and not giving 30% cut to anyone else is a success.

I could have provided even more examples of his obvious bias in this whole situation, but recently he took down his blog and most of the news and articles about him are in russian, so it's hard to track down everything. My only question about this mess is why the hell Sweeney allowing him to do all this, I mean sure, Galyonkin has a wide experience in game development, but it doesn't explain how he got almost unlimited access to Epic's money warchest. I can only see it as Sweeney being slightly delusional and having "savior of the gaming industry" complex as well (and he basically proved this with some of his responses and tweets), and that's why they got along with each other so quickly. So, my advice to everyone is to not waste your time trying to see any valid reasons in what's going on with EGS right now - because in reality there are no such reasons, only excuses for shareholders while they keep feeding their huge ego.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Last call for this, the new thread will be going up late today. Thanks to everyone who's sent stuff in! Still time to send something in, so if you think there's some games that we should look out for next month, share your thoughts with everyone!

f6ioWic.png

Total War: Three Kingdoms - Uzzy
Life is Strange 2: Episode 3 - Uzzy
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - BlueOdin
Team Sonic Racing - Tizoc
Castlevania Classics Collection - Tizoc
A Plague Tale: Innocence - Mentalist

Pathologic 2
Rage 2
Observation
Steel Division 2
Conan: Unconquered
Warhammer Chaosbane

FeZnHa9.png

Mirror's Edge - Uzzy

SboGc1U.png

The Quiet Man - Gevin

Feel free to contact me here, on Discord or on Steam to claim any of em.

I also need a title for next months thread. So far I'm keen on 'Romance of the Three Storefronts'.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Last call for this, the new thread will be going up late today. Thanks to everyone who's sent stuff in! Still time to send something in, so if you think there's some games that we should look out for next month, share your thoughts with everyone!

f6ioWic.png

Total War: Three Kingdoms - Uzzy
Life is Strange 2: Episode 3 - Uzzy
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - BlueOdin
Team Sonic Racing - Tizoc
Castlevania Classics Collection - Tizoc
A Plague Tale: Innocence - Mentalist

Pathologic 2
Rage 2
Observation
Steel Division 2
Conan: Unconquered
Warhammer Chaosbane

FeZnHa9.png

Mirror's Edge - Uzzy

SboGc1U.png

The Quiet Man - Gevin

Feel free to contact me here, on Discord or on Steam to claim any of em.

I also need a title for next months thread. So far I'm keen on 'Romance of the Three Storefronts'.
I guess I can do Pax Nova

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Steamworld Quest was cool, not sure if its 25€ cool tho. Also wonder if that is just the Switch tax and it will be the usual 19.99 the other Steamworld games were when it hits PC.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Put Imperator down for a while they patch it, gonna start up Vicky 2

Is the Heart of Darkness expansion worth picking up?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
It's not really a secret that Galyonkin was a huge Ubisoft fanboy long before he started to work in game development, he always defended them in his blog no matter what, he has very notorious posts about how Ubisoft did nothing wrong with broken DRM they implemented in their late 00's-early 10's games. Seriously, as someone who followed his career since days he was an editor in chief of a local gaming magazine, all those weird decisions and deals that happened with EGS so far are entirely based on his own preferences, things he likes and what he thinks is right.

For example, he praised studio lead of Metro games creators several times and always followed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro development, he even tried to spread a dumb rumor about Bethesda buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise when the sequel was canceled in 2013 - and 5 years later Epic, US-based company which was never a big market for Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, suddenly spending crazy money on Metro Exodus exclusivity. After launching SteamSpy he started to think he is a best friend of indie developers now, and when Valve borked SteamSpy with GDPR changes, he cried in his blog about how this was a planned attack against him - and literally a few months later EGS launched and they started to "help" indies by giving them loads of cash for exclusivity. I've mentioned his rooting for Ubisoft above, it's really not about Epic in this case, it's just him wanting Ubisoft to succeed as much as possible and in his eyes, Ubisoft getting all profits and not giving 30% cut to anyone else is a success.

I could have provided even more examples of his obvious bias in this whole situation, but recently he took down his blog and most of the news and articles about him are in russian, so it's hard to track down everything. My only question about this mess is why the hell Sweeney allowing him to do all this, I mean sure, Galyonkin has a wide experience in game development, but it doesn't explain how he got almost unlimited access to Epic's money warchest. I can only see it as Sweeney being slightly delusional and having "savior of the gaming industry" complex as well (and he basically proved this with some of his responses and tweets), and that's why they got along with each other so quickly. So, my advice to everyone is to not waste your time trying to see any valid reasons in what's going on with EGS right now - because in reality there are no such reasons, only excuses for shareholders while they keep feeding their huge ego.

Oh man, Ubi's DRM.

I remember when Assassin's Creed 2 finally launched on PC and I couldn't play it the weekend after it came out because uPlay's server got busted. Got a game as a make good. I chose Hawx and I couldn't even play it because of Tages. Fun times.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
TW_WIRE_May-Titles-Coming-Soon_4.30_HERO-hero.jpg

gamepass continues to shit all over humble monthly (relevant to me since Im subbed to both >_<), but the reason im posting it here is because Wargroove is play-anywhere (and it like JUST came out lol), the 3 months for $1 promo is still going if you want to play Wargroove (and Operencia) for $1 I guess.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
TW_WIRE_May-Titles-Coming-Soon_4.30_HERO-hero.jpg

gamepass continues to shit all over humble monthly (relevant to me since Im subbed to both >_<), but the reason im posting it here is because Wargroove is play-anywhere (and it like JUST came out lol), the 3 months for $1 promo is still going if you want to play Wargroove (and Operencia) for $1 I guess.
to be fair, Trove is the HB equivalent. Monthly lets you keep the games forever.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
no shit? well there you go then.

I'm 40 mate. There is no "forever" for me, Ive resigned to the fact I wont play... what, 10% of the shit I own? Let alone replay them (where the "forever" part would matter)

I mean, none of us will, 40 or no 40 :p
The fun part starts when you decide what you are going to replay and when.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
"The last few years, the PC storefronts have been more like storefronts and less like curated experiences," he says. "There hasn't been a meaningful push to create a curated experience for a target audience. Steam's been this behemoth that hasn't meaningfully had to innovate in a big way in the last five years. A lot of Steam still feels the same, from content controls to curation to moderation and all these other things. It's been very reliant on the algorithm.

"If you're a PC-first developer, you've been stuck in this world of just having to be on Steam, and Steam is going to get its 30% come hell or high water. For a long time that was okay, and Valve earned its revenue share, but now it seems you can get a lot of the same stuff for less.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-labs-undaunted-quest-for-cross-platform-play

xEH82oe.png

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My guess, they saw low numbers for their alpha, Epic offered money, they took the money and now they need to defend Epic because they can't tell anything else because Dauntless numbers stayed low.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Epic Store doesn't support mtx yet and Ubisoft gets all the money from MTX because of that.
I say it because of this

"We have a very particular vision for the experience we want our players to have in terms of how their data is used, their views on privacy, how customer service works, and the end-to-end user experience," he says. "Other companies that have these big platforms, whether it's Steam or the other folks, the views just didn't align. They're not bad, they're just not well-aligned. We're also a free-to-play game, and a bunch of platforms don't support microtransactions, whereas Epic started with that."

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They are lying. Valve even supports subscriptions and things like Shark Cards for GTAV. On top of that Valve actually complied with GDPR and Epic already broke them few times since Epic Store launch.
I know, I am just surprised they do not realize that EGS has no native mtx support yet.

Also lol at them mentioning customer service when Epic is so bad. (edit:maybe by customer service they mean developer service)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I know, I am just surprised they do not realize that EGS has no native mtx support yet.

Also lol at them mentioning customer service when Epic is so bad. (edit:maybe by customer service they mean developer service)

And we will see developers lie like that because nobody from media is questioning them. Either because they don't want or they are not familiar with what other stores offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.