• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a secret that Galyonkin was a huge Ubisoft fanboy long before he started to work in game development, he always defended them in his blog no matter what, he has very notorious posts about how Ubisoft did nothing wrong with broken DRM they implemented in their late 00's-early 10's games. Seriously, as someone who followed his career since days he was an editor in chief of a local gaming magazine, all those weird decisions and deals that happened with EGS so far are entirely based on his own preferences, things he likes and what he thinks is right.

For example, he praised studio lead of Metro games creators several times and always followed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro development, he even tried to spread a dumb rumor about Bethesda buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise when the sequel was canceled in 2013 - and 5 years later Epic, US-based company which was never a big market for Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, suddenly spending crazy money on Metro Exodus exclusivity. After launching SteamSpy he started to think he is a best friend of indie developers now, and when Valve borked SteamSpy with GDPR changes, he cried in his blog about how this was a planned attack against him - and literally a few months later EGS launched and they started to "help" indies by giving them loads of cash for exclusivity. I've mentioned his rooting for Ubisoft above, it's really not about Epic in this case, it's just him wanting Ubisoft to succeed as much as possible and in his eyes, Ubisoft getting all profits and not giving 30% cut to anyone else is a success.

I could have provided even more examples of his obvious bias in this whole situation, but recently he took down his blog and most of the news and articles about him are in russian, so it's hard to track down everything. My only question about this mess is why the hell Sweeney allowing him to do all this, I mean sure, Galyonkin has a wide experience in game development, but it doesn't explain how he got almost unlimited access to Epic's money warchest. I can only see it as Sweeney being slightly delusional and having "savior of the gaming industry" complex as well (and he basically proved this with some of his responses and tweets), and that's why they got along with each other so quickly. So, my advice to everyone is to not waste your time trying to see any valid reasons in what's going on with EGS right now - because in reality there are no such reasons, only excuses for shareholders while they keep feeding their huge ego.

Honestly doesn't surprise me in the slightest with how the game industry has worked since it existed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Humble Monthly isn't a game renting service like GP, you can actually keep the games when your subscription runs out. You may want to consider Origin Access (with or without premium) instead if you don't care about owning your games.

I have a yearly sub to humble monthly. Can't wait for those epic keys any day now.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Where are the offline tank games? What are my options? I do not want to play online games like WoT. :(

Battlefield One had some campaign missions with a tank...

I have a yearly sub to humble monthly. Can't wait for those epic keys any day now.

I always sub on a monthly base, skipping months when I don't want/need the announced games. But yeah, no doubt Epic will push them very hard to include EGS games. That's when PC gamers are really gonna rage against Epic... :)

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-labs-undaunted-quest-for-cross-platform-play

xEH82oe.png

PC storefronts have been more like storefronts

Uh....

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Should have it in the PC release when it comes out in 2050

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Google suggested I read this, and for once it was right

http://wccftech.com/greedfall-interview-with-jehanne-rousseau/

There's also a link for a gameplay preview in the article.

Genuinely one of the games I'm most intrigued about this year. Spiders have been ridiculously prolific, if not always producing the most polished games; this is their fifth RPG setting, and each one had something unique about it.

They were essentially a C-tier Bioware; and now that Bioware is making GAAS games, I wonder if they can leapfrog them, the way CDPRED did back in DA2/Witcher 2 times.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
That Dauntless interview is full of dumb stuff. The game was fun for awhile but MHW came along and ate their lunch.

Even if I was still playing, there is no way I would be following them to the Epic store.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Controller discontinued?
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...f-vrs-first-generation-but-is-it-worth-999/3/

Valve's Steam Controller, which has since been discontinued, was also announced with support for modularity and redesigns. That hope didn't play out as Valve had anticipated. "Input for 2D gaming, especially from a couch, is kind of solved, right?" one Valve staffer said to Ars. "Whereas we think there's a long road ahead for VR. Extensibility for VR is far more important than for a gamepad." Another staffer chimed in to add, "the ability for someone to add something meaningful [to the VR world] without being gated by having a huge customer base is important." Valve's own example for a fan-made add-on appears in the above gallery: an LCD panel with a hard-coded animation pattern. But that's only decorative.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
I don't know if this was announced before, but it looks like the Plus update for the dope twin-stick shooter Assault Android Cactus made it to Steam from Switch. Harder remixed campaign, unlockable costumes, auto-aim mode, and some more QOL bits and pieces. It's half-off right now, and there's going to be a price increase after the sale to bring it in line with the Switch pricing.

Also one of the devs posts here, if you care about that. Hi Paz, you made a good game.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I paid 1200 AUD for the Vive. Will pay the 400 AUD for the controllers, then sometime down the line, get the headset for 700 AUD. I don't need the trackers unless my 1.0 lighthouses break.

Will have to get it through Amazon or some other means.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I played dauntless during it's alpha? Beta? In desperation waiting for a new Monster Hunter finally it was basically just similar enough to it to make me go this is a knock off but feels like ass. I would say of all the games trying to be monster Hunter that aren't any real story just go with it. There's a lot more Japanese games that fit the bill , that get a lot closer but monster Hunter is monster Hunter.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
My Lenovo Explorer was £140. I can't see how their headset can justify being 7 times more than that based on what it's offering.

I'll wait until foveated rendering is more popular.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
1079€ + shipping? I'm sorry, Valve, I don't see myself buying this anytime soon.

One, because of whole brain drilling talk.

Two, since I'd need eight for couch multiplayer.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this was announced before, but it looks like the Plus update for the dope twin-stick shooter Assault Android Cactus made it to Steam from Switch. Harder remixed campaign, unlockable costumes, auto-aim mode, and some more QOL bits and pieces. It's half-off right now, and there's going to be a price increase after the sale to bring it in line with the Switch pricing.

Also one of the devs posts here, if you care about that. Hi Paz, you made a good game.

I take that if I have the original it will be upgraded? It says its already on my library :0

Status
Not open for further replies.