• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Proteus was my go to game to wind down after a long day for a while. Very minimal gameplay though.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
You should. It's a longer than it should be, but not terribly so. I believe it's only available for purchase on Origin these days though.

Only Madness Returns is available on Origin (and included with Origin Access), unfortunately. The original Alice was a pre-order bonus for Madness Returns, and also came with the "complete edition" of the game, which is no longer available digitally. Just EA things.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I'm leaning towards Mass Effect because I want an action-adventure game with RPG elements that I can relax and play when I'm home from work - recently beat Andromeda and enjoyed it quite a bit although it is a HEAVILY flawed game that frustrates at times. Also the fact that I've never played the original trilogy guarantees a fresh perspective. On the other hand, Bioshock is one of my favorite games of all time, however it's not exactly relaxing.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can somebody give any (good) impressions on Warhammer Chaosbane?
It's currently 13.39€ on CdKeys but the reviews are a mixed bag.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
header.jpg

Finished
watching
Dangenronpa 2

37bkmj.jpg

Honestly, Doki Doki literature Club made more sense.
I see all those interesting characters and wished that it wasn't a battle royale killing game and more like a mystery or murder mystery with OTHER deaths instead of the cast.

Hell if it has to be a Battle Royale killing game, different paths with different murders or new game+ would make the game a dozen times better.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Of course Eniko is out there on Twitter calling people who don't like Epic's moves gamergaters or buying in to gamergater-instigated propaganda. The amount of gaslighting around this entire subject is completely spiraling out of control. Why would people go to these lengths because they think everyone should up and like Epic's initiatives? I can already feel that this narrative is going to take root and it sucks. Sorry to bring this in here but I had to vent this some of this frustration.

It's a narrative Sweeney's been building since the beginning. The EGS is the second coming sent to save us from the evil clutches of Valve. Anyone who disagrees:
1) worships Valve and thus endorses all the things they do that promote hate speech and discrimination
2) hates game developers since they don't want them to get greater share of game prices, and also serves to enforce Valve's "monopoly" (oh, and is too lazy to install "just another launcher")
3) is an alt-right, bigoted white supremacist conspiracy theorist who hates China, (and by extension, Epic since Tencent owns a good portion of Epic)

It's probably the most insidious aspect of this whole debacle, and one of the biggest points that makes me disinclined to buy games from Epic- this smear campaign against EGS detractors that Epic and most of the games media have been carrying on ever since the VGAs.

Jiffy Smooth

Dec 12, 2018
Did someone say that Homefront: Revolution was like Far Cry in a urban area?
I'm not the one who said it, but I'm actually just coming to the end of the main story, and the answer is a heavily-qualified yes. Fairly loose story that lets you roam a pretty open (but small and segmented) world map, with camps and icon-tracking to play around with in between story missions.

Qualifiers:
1) It's still pretty buggy - had some quests that would get stuck if I stood in particular areas, NPCs bounce in and out of existence, etc.
2) The "camp" equivalents are fun, but even more formulaic, and hilariously quick to cheese if you get bored of them
3) The stealth is brutally un-fun; it's far more of a run and gun game

All that said, it's much more fun than a lot of the discussion around it would indicate.

Oct 25, 2017
header.jpg

Finished
watching
Dangenronpa 2

37bkmj.jpg

I see all those interesting characters and wished that it wasn't a battle royale killing game and more like a mystery or murder mystery with OTHER deaths instead of the cast.

Hell if it has to be a Battle Royale killing game, different paths with different murders or new game+ would make the game a dozen times better.

I will not accept a timeline in which
Hiyoko
doesn't die.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
header.jpg

Finished
watching
Dangenronpa 2

37bkmj.jpg

Doki Doki Literature Club is a light hearted romp so I'm not sure why you'd compare it to Danganronpa.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not the one who said it, but I'm actually just coming to the end of the main story, and the answer is a heavily-qualified yes. Fairly loose story that lets you roam a pretty open (but small and segmented) world map, with camps and icon-tracking to play around with in between story missions.

Qualifiers:
1) It's still pretty buggy - had some quests that would get stuck if I stood in particular areas, NPCs bounce in and out of existence, etc.
2) The "camp" equivalents are fun, but even more formulaic, and hilariously quick to cheese if you get bored of them
3) The stealth is brutally un-fun; it's far more of a run and gun game

All that said, it's much more fun than a lot of the discussion around it would indicate.

I agree, it was a surprisingly fun, if repetitive, game. One that was pretty gorgeous on top of that. CryEngine might be hard to work with but this game sure was easy to look at.

claytonlee101

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man finally "beat" Dragon Quest XI clocked at 54 hours, watched the credits roll and was excited to finally finish it and move on to my backlog but turns out the game is just starting for real now haha... What a (great) game.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Basically, I was lost at the ending, what any of it meant if it was real or not, which characters were real, who died, who lived etc.

None of it was "real" because thre entire game took place inside the Matrix.
All characters who appeared lived in the real world and had their minds transported into the Matrix except:

Junko Enoshima who was just a Virus created by the real Junko Enoshima
And Chiaki Nanami who was long dead in the world world and just an A.I. created in the real ones Image.

Everyone who died in the Simulation is in a coma IRL

For more, watch the Sequel Anime Danganronpa 3: Mirai Hen and Prequel Anime Danganronpa 3: Zetsubou Hen.

Not like any of that really matters tho, because Danganronpa V3 completely disregards the current Story in favor of a new one with the most controversial (and best) ending in the Franchise.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
None of it was "real" because thre entire game took place inside the Matrix.
All characters who appeared lived in the real world and had their minds transported into the Matrix except:

Junko Enoshima who was just a Virus created by the real Junko Enoshima
And Chiaki Nanami who was long dead in the world world and just an A.I. created in the real ones Image.

Everyone who died in the Simulation is in a coma IRL

For more, watch the Sequel Anime Danganronpa 3: Mirai Hen and Prequel Anime Danganronpa 3: Zetsubou Hen.

Not like any of that really matters tho, because Danganronpa V3 completely disregards the current Story in favor of a new one with the most controversial (and best) ending in the Franchise.

Thank you :)

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Basically, I was lost at the ending, what any of it meant if it was real or not, which characters were real, who died, who lived etc.
The point of the story was to fix them, so no one really dies.
You need to watch the anime series though which will conclude the story and at the same time showing the origin of DR2 cast.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Next week is going to be great, folks! :D

Have they said what will happen with the Early Access campaign? My understanding is that it's a bespoke vertical slice rather than an early look at the first level/s.

Edit: Come to think of it, it doesn't matter either way as you can just download the current build via Steam's console.

Last edited:

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said what will happen with the Early Access campaign? My understanding is that it's a bespoke vertical slice rather than an early look at the first level/s.
I believe they've stated it will still accessible somehow (perhaps through a Steam beta testing branch). The preview itself is comprised of a series of little sections taken directly from about 5 different levels of the campaign. A mash-up of Ion!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I believe they've stated it will still accessible somehow (perhaps through a Steam beta testing branch). The preview itself is comprised of a series of little sections taken directly from about 5 different levels of the campaign. A mash-up of Ion!

Yeah, it just occurred to me that regardless of whether it's excised, you can just download the current build via Steam's console. Still, though, an in-game or launch option would be nice.

Edit: For future reference, in case it's necessary:
Code:
Windows:
download_depot 562860 562861 3348384589027624105
download_depot 562860 562862 4811314568605361305

Linux:
download_depot 562860 562861 3348384589027624105
download_depot 562860 562863 5433106245746035248

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up yesterday to one of my Harddrive missing....fuck. Managed to jig something and get it to work but feels like a temporary fix, best to just accept the thing's fate. The worst part is it is a Western Digital HDD that is failing but my Seagate HDD that has been in 2 PCs already is still kicking, go figure.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Woke up yesterday to one of my Harddrive missing....fuck. Managed to jig something and get it to work but feels like a temporary fix, best to just accept the thing's fate. The worst part is it is a Western Digital HDD that is failing but my Seagate HDD that has been in 2 PCs already is still kicking, go figure.

Yeah, the last time I was in your situation and kicked the can down the road, thinking "It's still good!", I eventually lost terabytes of data. "Better safe than sorry" is a mantra you absolutely need to live by when it comes to data storage.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
Nier: Automata does not engage in any philosophical discourse, it only references philosophy.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It looks liek that Streaming on Steam works. over 300K unique viewers for indie game like this is a lot.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like EA should release their games on Steam again to gain players and goodwill (and to earn money). They completely fell off the radar for PC players

It's all about Steam, EGS drama or Game Pass nowadays. How are their sharesholders ok with the current state of EA games on PC?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I feel like EA should release their games on Steam again to gain players and goodwill (and to earn money). They completely fell off the radar for PC players

It's all about Steam, EGS drama or Game Pass nowadays. How are their sharesholders ok with the current state of EA games on PC?
EA have a Game Pass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.