Not open for further replies.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Me waiting for RTX3070 so i can play pretty games from my backlog

tenor.gif
This, my 1060 is showing it's age..

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yay, my save file survived the HZD patch.

I wandered into The Frozen Wilds some 4 levels below recommended.

Spent A LOT of trip bombs surviving my first encounter.

I activated the Tallneck in the area; now I think i'll loop back and continue the main story, :o

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Do you guys remember "Hellraid"? This Techland game that was supposed to be kinda like "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic"? Development was stopped few years ago but it was never cancelled.
store.steampowered.com

Hellraid on Steam

Hellraid is a first-person hack’n’slash game, set in a dark fantasy universe based on medieval European folklore. Featuring three distinct game modes that can be played in both single player and 2-4 player co-op, Hellraid is a unique blend of dynamic FPP combat and hack’n’slash elements.

Apparently, there is a Dying Light DLC with some skins of the game now.
store.steampowered.com

Dying Light - Hellraid on Steam

The final Hellraid update is coming, bringing a number of tweaks and improvements to your dungeon experience!
Apparently it's pretty bad.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yeah it's not good. I mean what can you expect... its reskinned Dying Light, which I love, but man I wish Hellraid would have been its own thing.
I also dont have a good feeling about DL2 :(

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
With my Fall Guys refund I got Risk of Rain 2, fired it up for the first time earlier today.

Had some good time, a great time waster, though I wish the game would give me a lil bit of space to breath, kinda exhausting to play with non-stop enemies especially when am trying to navigate the map and their samey looking environments.

Oct 25, 2017
With my Fall Guys refund I got Risk of Rain 2, fired it up for the first time earlier today.

Had some good time, a great time waster, though I wish the game would give me a lil bit of space to breath, kinda exhausting to play with non-stop enemies especially when am trying to navigate the map and their samey looking environments.
Risk of Rain is weird cause with the right equipment you become basically immortal. And since there is no end to the game that get's kinda boring fast as well.

I let this run for like 30 minutes without moving and didn't die, I had to consciously kill myself to end the run.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Drop it down to easy while you learn the game, that's what I'm doing. Game is brutal sometimes, took me like 10 minutes to kill one boss!

Normal difficulty:

Last edited:

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted:

super lame that it doesn't support motion controls but I imagine the game would be unplayably bad with the Move controllers

Eh what. The trailer clearly implied it had motion control support. That's pretty shitty and honestly don't know if I'm too bothered about the VR stuff now if it's just first-person Hitman with a controller.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Risk of Rain is weird cause with the right equipment you become basically immortal. And since there is no end to the game that get's kinda boring fast as well.

I let this run for like 30 minutes without moving and didn't die, I had to consciously kill myself to end the run.

i mean...you're playing on the easiest difficulty...

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Whats with the DLC for Killing Floor 2 on steam?

The latest Humble bundle has a ton of DLC for it but on the Steam store page, it shows no DLC but there are multiple SKU (Digital Deluxe, etc)?

I can see it (6) in my DLC list for KF2 but I cant see what they actually are or do....no page and the DLC list shows them as "Killing Floor 2 DLC" with a generic image of the base game huh.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Whats with the DLC for Killing Floor 2 on steam?

The latest Humble bundle has a ton of DLC for it but on the Steam store page, it shows no DLC but there are multiple SKU (Digital Deluxe, etc)?

I can see it (6) in my DLC list for KF2 but I cant see what they actually are or do....no page and the DLC list shows them as "Killing Floor 2 DLC" with a generic image of the base game huh.
They used to have DLC, but they removed it and put everything on the in game store.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

i mean i dont wanna say monsoon is the only way to play the game...

but monsoon is the way the game was meant to be played

also there is a final boss now and most of the tricks in the game wont work on him

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Does anyone remember a UK PC magazine from the early '00s called PC|G? I've tried searching for it online a few times but its name is not SEO friendly.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
On the off chance anyone has played it, how is Parkasaurus? I desperately want to play a dino theme park sim but Prehistoric Kingdom is some time off and what I've heard of JW: Evolution doesn't sound too appealing.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That is second episode of Legacy of the First Blade (AC Odyssey) done. IT really is mediocre DLC.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
b27c0421ad991c98ea2d9f460ca9336b.gif

But I'm a humble gamer. It'll be fine for some more years. :3
There are more than dozens lol, I believe the recent steam survey showed that the 1060 was the most popular card or something. Maybe the 970 was higher but either way it's SUPER common.

It's been a great card for me too but I'm gonna upgrade to the 3060 whenever its out.

There are more than dozens lol, I believe the recent steam survey showed that the 1060 was the most popular card or something. Maybe the 970 was higher but either way it's SUPER common.
Sadly I was lacking the fitting gif for that. :P

Just tried the Liberated demo. Really love the artstyle, but couldn't get the hang of the controls at all. Then I reached a hacking minigame, I didn't fully understand and quit. 🙄
Wanted to try it again with a controler, but turns out, you can't skip the intro at all. I'd have to sit through the whole cutscene again. Quit again. 🙄

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I see Fanatical has a campaign that if I buy a game at $10 or above I'll be granted a free game I can choose from their selected list of titles, but do anyone know which titles are on this list?

It would be nice if I could splash on Mafia: Definitive Edition now and then choose Fall Guys but I assume the list is of older titles.

[edit]
I've found the list, nothing interesting in there.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I could never get into Dying Light(much like Dead Island) because tying stat based weapons to zombie killing after Dead Rising just felt absolutely terrible. 5 swings to cut off a limb yikes.

What a weird dlc to release tho re: hellraid

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
That is second episode of Legacy of the First Blade (AC Odyssey) done. IT really is mediocre DLC.
Legacy of the First Blade is terrible. The only thing it goes for is the story, and the story is terrible.

Fate of Atlantis is much, much better. It's much more focused on fun gameplay scenarios, and it's pretty successful at that. Although there is some good story stuff in Atlantis ep 2

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Legacy of the First Blade is terrible. The only thing it goes for is the story, and the story is terrible.

Fate of Atlantis is much, much better. It's much more focused on fun gameplay scenarios, and it's pretty successful at that. Although there is some good story stuff in Atlantis ep 2

I will try to finish Episode 3 tomorrow, but i won;t start Atlantis DLC right after. But i intend to finish all DLCs by the end of the year (and try to go for 100% for Atlantis DLCs, i will finish Legacy 100% without issues).

Also i finished A Way Out with a friend tonight. Overall it is disappointment. First and last chapter are great and one chase in the middle of the story was great but other things were just boring. Puzzles were not that hard or interesting, 80% of the time coop felt kinda useless. They filled game with mini games to the brim so you compete with partner but they are not that interesting. Levels are varied and visually interesting. I would prefer that they made prison escape game with more depth. Think new Hitman gameplay and level design just coop.

This is my list of finished games so far this year:

1. ASSASSINS CREED ODYSSEY (04.02.)
2. THE GARDENS BETWEEN (08.02.)
3. BIOSHOCK INFINITE
o BURIAL AT SEA EPISODE 1 (11.02.)
o BURIAL AT SEA EPISODE 2 (13.02.)
4. YAKUZA 0 (10.03.)
5. ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS (17.03.)
6. ADR1FT (20.03.)
7. RETURN OF THE OBRA DINN (22.03.)
8. A PLAGUE TALE: INNOCENCE (05.04.)
9. SHADOW OF MORDOR (11.04.)
10. HITMAN (10.06.)
11. JOURNEY (13.06.)
12. THE TURING TEST (17.06.)
13. LIFE IS STRANGE BEFORE THE STORM (22.06.)
14. CRASH BANDICOOT (28.06.)
15. GEARS OF WAR 4 (14.07.)
16. JEDI FALLEN ORDER (02.08.)
17. A WAY OUT (15.08.)

I decided to fire up a game fitting for the current temperature: "Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit"
It feels like I'm directly in hell with him!
Love the humor, love the graphics, the overall gameplay is decent and I already laughed out loud several time.
Only the boss battles tend to be a bit too tedious. I just quit because it got too frustrating, with him nearly one shotting me. Sometimes I don't even have time to understand, what the hell is going on right now and seemed to made nearly no damage in the last phase.
But it's a really funny game.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
b27c0421ad991c98ea2d9f460ca9336b.gif

But I'm a humble gamer. It'll be fine for some more years. :3
I would have totally stuck with my 1060 instead of side-grading to a 1660ti with my new build.

But unfortunately back when I picked mine up from Tiger Direct 4 years ago, they were out of 6GB, so I ended up with a 3GB one... and that was not gonna be enough to run all the wonderful games that were supposed to be out Q1 this year.

So now I'm gonna spend at least 2 more years with the 1660ti before upgrading to some ray-tracing hotness.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I am still running a GTX970. I also still play on a 1080p monitor and barely play newer AAA games on PC but trying to optimize games for 144hz is hard or impossible.

The thing is if I upgrade, I would need a completely new PC since my i5 is also showing it's age. I have always bought a Geforce xx70 card but it seems the cards are getting more expensive every year.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I am still running a GTX970. I also still play on a 1080p monitor and barely play newer AAA games on PC but trying to optimize games for 144hz is hard or impossible.

The thing is if I upgrade, I would need a completely new PC since my i5 is also showing it's age. I have always bought a Geforce xx70 card but it seems the cards are getting more expensive every year.

Yeah and getting the xx60 cards, I'm not sure if their performance went up enough to offset the price-hike in comparison.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the samsung 980 pro to come out so I can get it, I assume covid delayed the launch. RTX 3090 and top end Ryzen 4000 this year. I'll sell my 3800x that I was forced to get when my old pc started dying.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Someone please tell Microsoft to press the "release MFS " button early, I can't believe am this hyped for a flight sim smh ...

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At what exact time do Microsoft releases usually happen on Steam? I want to know wether I can start up that 100GB flight simulator download before going to sleep/work.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So i went to Stadia page just to see in what shape it is, i saw that i have 10$ off any purchase, i went and bought RAGE 2 for 2$ and after all that was done i got this after launching the game

DNaFlWw.jpeg

So Stadia games are actually region locked XD Yes i am in country that is not supported but come on. That means if you move from one region to other your library can become useless XD

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
So i went to Stadia page just to see in what shape it is, i saw that i have 10$ off any purchase, i went and bought RAGE 2 for 2$ and after all that was done i got this after launching the game

DNaFlWw.jpeg

So Stadia games are actually region locked XD Yes i am in country that is not supported but come on. That means if you move from one region to other your library can become useless XD
shouldn't it you know, block you from purchasing it if it wasn't available in your region?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

DNaFlWw.jpeg

Holy shit, it actually lets you purchase a region-locked game and doesn't think to tell you that until after the fact.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
shouldn't it you know, block you from purchasing it if it wasn't available in your region?

It should but it doesn't XD To be clear this is probably on Bethesda because FAQ says that publishers can block games in some regions. And to be clear i am not in Stadia supported country. But i got my 2$ refunded in like seconds XD

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Now i need to find what to play next after i am done with Odyssey Legacy of the First Blade DLC. Back to backlog digging i guess.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC.

After I take some break from AC :P

What about playing something you dont find a chore? XD

I played Jedi Fallen Order that I liked, A Way Out wasn't chore just disappointing... I posted list few posts above, I enjoyed most of those games XD And I am avoiding few games because I want to play them on new GPU like Metro Exodus or Control. Mafia DE is coming too. But damn Nvidia is holding those transistors and not letting them go so I can spend stupid amount of money to watch shiny pixels XD

Status
Not open for further replies.