• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

• Family

Votes: 572 49.6%
  • Games

Votes: 681 59.0%
  • Beer

Votes: 273 23.7%
  • Anime

Votes: 259 22.4%
  • Complaining on the internet

Votes: 507 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
55 hours into Monster Hunter World and I've finally got a decent kill screen.
monsterhunterworldscrenfq8.jpg

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a very high possibility that every little change Valve makes to Steam from now on will be attributed to 'competition', despite the fact that there has been a steady introduction of new features for many years.
Can't wait for when XP and Vista support ends in January and they release the new client we get truckloads of posts going "THANKS EPIC STORE, -YOU- MADE THIS POSSIBLE"

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
well i might have to suspend my little witch academia playthrough since they put the bloodborne dlc on sale so i bought that lol

and journey

ps4 actually has some decent sales, and games seem to lose value super quickly compared to switch, tho it's bleeding me 10 dollars a month

also i probably need to buy a second ps4 controller, i might ask a friend to bring me a used one from japan hehe

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
while I love stalker,I could never really get into farcry 2

if there were more animals or people that didn't shoot you on sight, something that makes your experiences less repetitive like in stalker that'd help a lot

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I should start learning Chinese. Too many games I'd love to play are only releasing in Chinese and most of them will probably never be localized in English.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Near enough 0%

I wish there weren't so many promising looking Chinese games on Steam without an English version.

There's actually a solid niche in the market for a company entirely focused on localizing Chinese games. They would easily cover the localization costs and enjoy some pretty healthy sales.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it'll be.
But who cares ? The people saying that dont even play on PC.

Pretty much my thoughts. People who go into those threads are masochists. Seriously, people, don't do it.

I suppose if you're easily triggered and driven into rage, it would be good to read those threads while working out (natural stimulants... lol), but otherwise it's just console warriors acting out on their decades long jealousy.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
GOG brought back the flash sales before Steam could.

I like the idea of letting curators create a list of their favorite games on sale, but like usual, gog's setup is very barebones. Steam could do a much better job there with the curator review blurbs.

Last edited:

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Lets explain this better:
-The better revenue share was already in effect for a long time. It was just writing on paper what has been reality for a lot of years. It was not a reaction to Epic (more likely a reaction to Bethesda Launcher tbh).

But sure, it was all thanks to Epic! Same when we get the new UI early next year. Thanks to Epic too!

Just a quick note, this is incorrect. The Steam percentage reduction was not a blanket policy for all developers before the announcement. There may have been specific deals with select publishers/developers, that I don't know, but it wasn't a store wide policy until Valve made the announcement recently.

Deques

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when people used to complain that 24 hours deals sucked because they missed the deals

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Remember when people used to complain that 24 hours deals sucked because they missed the deals

They were complaining about the flash sales, not the dailies. The flash sales were the shorter ones with an increased discount. Devs could choose 4, 6, 8, or 12 for the flash supposedly while the daily was the "norm" sale.

Though I remember the 4 hour ones. Don't remember any 6 or 8.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah even with the flash sales we got that lasted for either 8 or 12 hours people would complain. If you can't spare a couple of minutes in 8+ hours to check steam then too bad. The rest of us shouldn't have to miss out.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick note, this is incorrect. The Steam percentage reduction was not a blanket policy for all developers before the announcement. There may have been specific deals with select publishers/developers, that I don't know, but it wasn't a store wide policy until Valve made the announcement recently.
Ok, will edit that. I though other devs had said that the 30% was not set in stone and was rather fluid depending on the sales.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Hey guys, I wonder if Lamplight City any good? How is it compared to Unavowed? Have an urban fantasy itch for an entire year.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I should start learning Chinese. Too many games I'd love to play are only releasing in Chinese and most of them will probably never be localized in English.

Reading Chinese is far harder than speaking. I have officially HSK3, but can speak up to HSK4, but reading it still takes a long time.

Its a bit sad since lately a lot of great chinese and taiwanese games come to Steam without any way to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.