Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
anyone heard of this?

It's one of the few games in the Humble Hack'n"slash sale that I don't own yet.

I wouldn't really call it a hack and slash game. It's a choose your own adventure, like the series it comes from, with interactive combat sections. It was originally a mobile game so expect tapping and swiping for those bits. If you are a fan of the original books, then sure, it's pretty decent. I think the story falls somewhere between a couple of the earlier books.

Incidentally, all the original books are playable online with the Joe Dever's blessing.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I wouldn't really call it a hack and slash game. It's a choose your own adventure, like the series it comes from, with interactive combat sections. It was originally a mobile game so expect tapping and swiping for those bits. If you are a fan of the original books, then sure, it's pretty decent. I think the story falls somewhere between a couple of the earlier books.

Incidentally, all the original books are playable online with the Joe Dever's blessing.
No idea of the soutrce material. Yeah, it looked kinda mobile-ish, but still decent.

I can grab this and Sacred Citadel for under 5 CAD, so might as well.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
When was the last time Humble Bundle actually had a good Tuesday bundle? Feels like it's been awhile. Feels like in the past couple of years, I've only gotten the Kodansha Manga bundles.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
so i saw gears 5 for 10€. i'm interested ina new shooter. however the game has mixed reviews.
How is the game now?
I played it at release and loved it. Before Gears 5, my experience with the series was Gears 1 and a bit of 4. Gears 5 is easily my favorite, and there is an insane amount of content in the game. I finished the campaign and played a bit of that escape game mode and really enjoyed what I played of it. Plus it runs incredibly well on PC.

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
When was the last time Humble Bundle actually had a good Tuesday bundle? Feels like it's been awhile. Feels like in the past couple of years, I've only gotten the Kodansha Manga bundles.
HB is just a shadow of what it used to be years ago. I remember when weekly bundles were amazing and when everyone was excited about them. That time is long gone now.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Potentially of interest here, Indigo Gaming finally put out Part 2 of their Cyberpunk documentary, only a year after Part 1 which I really enjoyed.

Just finished Part 1, very good thanks for that.
An hour and a half for Part 2! Should be very good. I'm going to try and watch it now while I'm working.

I guess Part 2 releasing a year after one doesn't bode well for Part 3 and 4 they mentioned will be coming at the end of 1.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
The last two regular ones I've bought high tiers in have been the Double Fine 20th Anniversary bundle and the Cities Skylines massive bundle.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
so i saw gears 5 for 10€. i'm interested ina new shooter. however the game has mixed reviews.
How is the game now?

The lower review stuff is mostly because of weird grognard complaints / release pricing etc, and much less the actual quality of the game.

It's one of the best 3rd person shooters, with a lot of content and one of the best looking games around as well.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
It's the total opposite for me, I wasn't expecting much (all the comparison to MMBN went over my head) but the game grew on me. I played an adventure game from the bundle before this so the frantic combat was a nice change of pace. It's pretty hard and I was close to giving up until I found some decks that worked for me and started making more progress. I love the design of the boss characters. Agree that when the game starts piling on enemy attacks, it quickly becomes overwhelming. But most attacks are well telegraphed and it also gets easier once you pick up on enemy patterns.

My build finally came together and I got my first pacifist clear after 24 hours. The advanced stuff is wayyy above my skill ceiling though so I'm done with the game.

I prefer games that are challenging because i lose interest very fast otherwise, it's just that the gameplay didn't interest me enough to want to learn how to put order in that fast paced mayhem.
I should give it another chance at some point because i recognize it's a very well made game but it's just not for me right now.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I played it at release and loved it. Before Gears 5, my experience with the series was Gears 1 and a bit of 4. Gears 5 is easily my favorite, and there is an insane amount of content in the game. I finished the campaign and played a bit of that escape game mode and really enjoyed what I played of it. Plus it runs incredibly well on PC.
I played it at launch, it was a bit buggy but the game is awesome!
The lower review stuff is mostly because of weird grognard complaints / release pricing etc, and much less the actual quality of the game.

It's one of the best 3rd person shooters, with a lot of content and one of the best looking games around as well.

I'm glad the game was good. it seems to be a no brainer for 10€. Bought it.
and its a 90Gb install... I guess tomorow i need tot ake some tiem to uninstall games i aint' palying this month

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
It took me forever but I finally got a mechanical keyboard but didn't wanna go all out so got one of those budget Redragon ones off Amazon. MX Blue knockoffs but I don't have a frame of reference for the real thing but they feel pretty great and I already have been just typing random thoughts just for the sake of typing. Only issue is the bezel around this model is super thin so that's taking some adjustment but otherwise it has a pretty solid build plus has some decent rgb backlighting. I also appreciate being able to program key colors and cycle effects using built in FN shortcuts, my previous rgb keyboard was Razer and required you to use their desktop app just to be able to change effects or color schemes. I may end up getting a higher end model down the road but for right now this seems like a good purchase.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
One of the best games of last year and the situration was a fucking travesty. Everyone should show their support but it is quite disturbing so you might not want to play it lol

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
It took me forever but I finally got a mechanical keyboard but didn't wanna go all out so got one of those budget Redragon ones off Amazon. MX Blue knockoffs but I don't have a frame of reference for the real thing but they feel pretty great and I already have been just typing random thoughts just for the sake of typing. Only issue is the bezel around this model is super thin so that's taking some adjustment but otherwise it has a pretty solid build plus has some decent rgb backlighting. I also appreciate being able to program key colors and cycle effects using built in FN shortcuts, my previous rgb keyboard was Razer and required you to use their desktop app just to be able to change effects or color schemes. I may end up getting a higher end model down the road but for right now this seems like a good purchase.

I moved to a mechanical keyboard eariler this year and it really is night and day. The way each button press feels like a solid *click* never stops being satisfying. Mine has color schemes, too, but that, I found, gets old really fast. The backlight itself is great for typing in the dark and it is one of those things that I am amazed I lived my entire life without, but well, I guess I am getting tired of RGB in general lol.
I want my stuff to blink less in general.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
When are the Christmas Steam sales supposed to start? I just got paid and I need to treat myself a bit.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Most likely 22nd December.

That's a long ways to go, damn. I remember they used to start mid-December some years ago!
It's fine, I'll wait then.

Jhyhn4L.gif

Thanks for the answer!

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Swedish site Sweclockers has posted rumors of the Epic Games holiday "free games" list.. i haven't seen it anywhere else but it's seems too crazy to be true.
It's usually a reliable source, but i would take it with a grain of salt:
www.sweclockers.com

Epic Games Store ger bort 15 spel fram till nyårsafton

Med start den 17 december ger Epic Games Store bort ett spel varje dag. Enligt läckor blir det en episk speluppställning.

Oct 25, 2017
Swedish site Sweclockers has posted rumors of the Epic Games holiday "free games" list.. i haven't seen it anywhere else but it's seems too crazy to be true.
www.sweclockers.com

Med start den 17 december ger Epic Games Store bort ett spel varje dag. Enligt läckor blir det en episk speluppställning.

Looks more like a wishlist

Looking at it again, I guess quite a few of those are getting on a bit and epic could probably get a reasonable deal on them, but all those AAA games would seriously cut the legs out from any sale they have going on at the same time.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
How is the game now?

it's more gears of war

i didn't like it, it was pretty forgettable and stupid. combat wasn't much to write home about either, just the same stuff i played back in 2007.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
www.sweclockers.com

They seem to be referencing the same list someone else recently leaked. Doesn't read like it has much more credibility than that one. Guess we'll find out tomorrow though! Hell of a list otherwise.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
anyone heard of this?

It's one of the few games in the Humble Hack'n"slash sale that I don't own yet.

It has awful loading times on PS4 that is why I never got that far. It also has a pretty shitty combat system. It's a mobile port after all. But it has good atmosphere and nice writing. It's worth a try. If you are looking for something similar you might like the Sorcery! games.

How is the game now?
It's the worst Gears game, but it's still an okay game. Series fatigue also hampered my enjoyment.
www.sweclockers.com

That seems way too good to be true. But MAYBE all these are base versions and they try to generate some money with the DLC. Most of these games have bigger addons.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
www.sweclockers.com

Its so fake it hurts.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GOG Winter sale is live. new releases include Wolfenstein II, Ancestors: Humankind Odyssey and Telltale's The Walking Dead DE.

Also, Prison Architect giveaway.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I loved my mechanical until it started chattering or just not pressing the key I pressed :(

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1062420/Generation_Zero__Schweet_Vanity_Pack/

free DLC.

www.sweclockers.com

Fake as hell.

More realistic look (based on what Epic has rated for release in Korea, which usually is vey good indication)

Jurassic World Evolution
Conan Exiles
Darkest Dungeon
Nights in the woods
Oddword new and tasty.
Wargame: Red Dragon (was announced but delayed I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.