Status
Not open for further replies.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah that seems spot-on for gaming thermals with the NH-D15. You can always run a CPU benchmark as a second sanity check to see worst-case thermals, something like Aida64 or ASUS RealBench.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I tested RealBench and got the following:

Image Editing 203113 Time:25.05

Encoding 483949 Time:19.812

OpenCL 106594 KSamples/sec: 2803

Heavy Multitasking 328927 Time:29.733

System Score 259326

Seems fairly close to the benchmarks reported in some sites.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of steam trading cards and badges? Just stuff to add to your profile/

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017

Steam sale nonsense. Wanted to grab Outer Wilds since it's got a decent discount and looked at the Annapurna bundle since it was included in there. Saw that both Sayonara Wild Hearts and Telling Lies (both on my wishlist) were in there, as well as Flower and Journey. What Became of Edith Finch is also in the bundle and was the only game of the 14 that I already owned (which, as you all know should be an instabuy for those that haven't played) and I've seen Donut County garner praise.

Checked out the rest of the games and they all seem at the very least interesting, so a self Christmas present was purchased.

Well played Steam, well played Annapurna.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of steam trading cards and badges? Just stuff to add to your profile/
Badges give you XP, which gives you levels, which does stuff (I have no idea what).

I honestly started selling a lot of my trading cards. You can get some change that way (I've probably made ~$15-20 the past year just selling dumb cards). Especially if you got that broken badge from that one sale (mine is something like +9K XP), the 100XP per badge is meaningless, and I think you can buy all the profile unlocks in the points shop anyway.

There's probably some money laundering or something going on. I can't imagine why anybody would buy the cards (unless it's the card for your anime waifu or whatever).

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
not sure what exactly this means, but it sounds interesting.

Remember all those prolific B-tier action adventure games that were often movie spin offs we used to get around then? the ones that were a mish mash of genres that weren't exactly ground breaking on their own. The ones that also had just crazy enough mini games that AAA games now wouldn't be caught dead with?

I haven't played any other Yakuza games but that's exactly what I'm getting out Like a Dragon. It's genuinely making me feel like a kid a gain, like I just did a mini game where I'm collecting cans on a bicycle while competing with other homeless people. The story is definitely keeping me interested to boot.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Badges give you XP, which gives you levels, which does stuff (I have no idea what).

I honestly started selling a lot of my trading cards. You can get some change that way (I've probably made ~$15-20 the past year just selling dumb cards). Especially if you got that broken badge from that one sale (mine is something like +9K XP), the 100XP per badge is meaningless, and I think you can buy all the profile unlocks in the points shop anyway.

There's probably some money laundering or something going on. I can't imagine why anybody would buy the cards (unless it's the card for your anime waifu or whatever).

The higher your level, the more different things you can display on your profile page (like artwork, favourite game, review showcase, achievement showcase, and so on).

I believe, initially, a higher steam level also allowed you to have a larger friend list...but i'm not sure if that's still a thing.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Square-Enix really does not want to put Romancing Saga II on sale.

Seen III do it but been awhile for II.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read the notes of the new Steam client beta update? What does this mean:

Games provided at a gaming café are now displayed in a custom collection for that site.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So trying to figure out how achievements work across Steam and Xbox Game Studios.

I played Gears 5 on xbox, installed it on Steam and I got those achievements - does this mean that if I'd played Gears 5 on Steam first then I would get those achievements on my xbox profile too?

Does this work for all Xbox Game Studio games?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So trying to figure out how achievements work across Steam and Xbox Game Studios.

I played Gears 5 on xbox, installed it on Steam and I got those achievements - does this mean that if I'd played Gears 5 on Steam first then I would get those achievements on my xbox profile too?

Despite having Halo available on gamepass I bought it on steam the other day and it popped a bunch of achievements including hard ones I remember doing with friends over a decade ago on xbox 360 in the non-MCC versions. I don't know how that worked but was awesome.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Finished Ori 2.
Bummer ending. I didn't like Shriek but I didn't need to see her curl up into the skeletons of her parents and die.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

You unlock both Steam and Xbox achievements on Steam. Also it should work with all games needing an Xbox Live account.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Do you need the Origin launcher for Command and Conquer remastered ? Or is it directly via Steam ?

The latter. For future reference, EA games tied to Origin will have this on the store page:

steamoriginreqf1jc2.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Can't decide between Hades or Death of the outsider, mgs V and talos principle....

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How is the port of Horizon nowadays? Is there anything that the PS4 Pro version still does better or is it now a better version than console in every way?

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. If you played Umurangi Generation earlier in the year but have not played the DLC that came out last month, you need to get on that. Even if you were kind of ho hum on the base game, you should still absolutely play it.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hot damn. I just tried the Ghostrunner demo. I might just have to jump on that while it's on sale. That game is extremely slick, running at 144fps on my ultrawide even. Also seems it seems far more interersting and Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Hot damn. I just tried the Ghostrunner demo. I might just have to jump on that while it's on sale. That game is extremely slick, running at 144fps on my ultrawide even. Also seems it seems far more interersting and Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk.
The story's nothing to write home about.
But the gameplay.... probably my favourite 2020 game in that department

in other news: Morbid devs released another update, and added the ability to re-bind keyboard controls!

Gonna be jumping in in between some more Age of Kings scenario runs on this extra-long weekend (I'm off till Tuesday starting today)

statha

Feb 15, 2018
The story's noting to write home about.
But the gameplay.... probably my favourite 2020 game in that department

in other news: Morbid devs released another update, and added the ability to re-bind keyboard controls!

Gonna be jumping in in between some more Age of Kings scenario runs on this extra-long weekend (I'm off till Tuesday starting today)

And the soundtrack is spot on!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
And the soundtrack is spot on!
soundtrack is mint. Literally the reason why I didn't mind dying so much, cuz each time you reload, the beat is pumping and basically encouraging you to try again, and do better.

I died like 300+ times to T.O.M.M., but thanks to the music (and the very geneorus checkpoints) I never really considered quitting.

Whomever designed that dodgeball level needs to go think about their life choices, tho. I hated that.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
How many free cards could someone have earned by now? I got 13 in total, friend of mine got 12. Kinda confused. Did they change the time when the discovery queue resets?

Last edited:

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
I believe, initially, a higher steam level also allowed you to have a larger friend list...but i'm not sure if that's still a thing.
I can confirm that this is indeed still a thing. Every level gets you another five friend slots.

A higher level gives you a higher chance to earn more booster pack drops, but the drop rate on those is like one a year anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Are you guys aware of DXVK? My friend mentioned it to me yesterday as they're replaying GTAIV with it, and they claimed it gave them a huge performance boost, even on Windows. Figured I'd give it a try on New Vegas, and sure enough...

FaX4eJ3.jpg

hetitgC.jpg

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So when Cyberpunk says that a mission's danger is VERY HIGH they are not kidding. In moderate missions I feel like Rambo, but I just got sat down by a very high damage mission. You know when the skill tests are things like "technical ability 9/17" you might be in over your head.

The Bad Guy

Oct 25, 2017
PC game pass or EA play + Division 2 warlords of New York?

I already have Halo MCC and have played Forza Horizon 4, Gears 4,5, & Tactics, Outer Worlds and Both Ori's. For EA, i have played BF3 , 4, All Mass effects, and Dragon Age inquisition.

Both come to ~$13 for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.