• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ I knew the game was going to sell well but didn't expect it to sell this well this fast.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The hype was real. They seem to have delivered on it mostly (I'm guessing bugs will be ironed out soon).

This is where ratings don't really matter though. For example, I know Hades has been rated much higher almost everywhere, but I didn't enjoy it as much (might try finishing it later this month), but I like RPGs, and for me Cyberpunk is much better than Hades.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Eo4CFR8XcAAm5Af.png

4.72m PC preorders

Impressive.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Why won't Cyberpunk allow me to enable DLSS with a 2080?

EDIT: Restart fixed it

Last edited:

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Still trying my best to finish Yakuza (while iRacing is taking up a lot of my time). Hopefully once I finish that the next round of fixes will be available for Cyberpunk.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
My 3070 is not having the best time with Cyberpunk but I think turning OFF RTX Lighting while keeping the other features set to ON and RTX itself at Ultra, Cascaded Shadows Resolution down to Medium from High, Improved Facial Lighting Geometry to OFF with DLSS Auto seems to work pretty good for me. All other settings can be boosted. Wondering if anyone has found other changes that help keep things stable? Aiming for 60fps @ 1440p but I might be asking a bit much lol. I'd like to stream as well but OBS doesn't seem to play nice with the game while RTX features are enabled.

Specs:
i7 8700k
RTX 3070
16GB DDR4
SSD + Win10

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
The hype was real. They seem to have delivered on it mostly (I'm guessing bugs will be ironed out soon).

This is where ratings don't really matter though. For example, I know Hades has been rated much higher almost everywhere, but I didn't enjoy it as much (might try finishing it later this month), but I like RPGs, and for me Cyberpunk is much better than Hades.

I kinda feel the same. Hades was great and I got its every single achievement, but it left too much to be desired. The epilogue wasn't what I was expecting at all and totally not worth all the time and effort.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That sounds good, thought would need to disable RTX, since yesterday I watched a streamer who had to disable it in order to get +60fps on a 2080 Ti.

Definitely in the case of streaming I wouldn't have playable framerates with RTX enabled. With streaming disabled and most RTX features on I'm able to get pretty stable 60FPS on my 3070. 2080TI should be pretty comparable. I'd definitely buy.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely in the case of streaming I wouldn't have playable framerates with RTX enabled. With streaming disabled and most RTX features on I'm able to get pretty stable 60FPS on my 3070. 2080TI should be pretty comparable. I'd definitely buy.
Isn't the 3070 more powerful and have higher RT capabilities though?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Still looking for the sweet spot on my 3080/3900x build. I want 60FPS with the best possible settings. I seem to be stuck at mostly 45-55 outside, no matter what I tweak. Will try again after work tonight

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RTX is a no-go regardless of GPU if you don't want drops below 60.

Really need to think of it like hairworks for Witcher 3. It's future proofing; not meant for current hardware.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand about that haha. my monitor is Aorus ad27qd, specs only say this: HDR (VESA DisplayHDR 400) .
Only games I've tried it with were Sekiro (it just looked washed out) and The Division 2 (here colors looked less saturated).
Does not seem to have any local dimming.

rting.com says: "The Aorus AD27QD is a decent monitor for HDR gaming. It has decent peak brightness in HDR, but small highlights in some scenes aren't as bright as they should be. It can display a wide color gamut, which is great, but it's limiting and doesn't add much to HDR. Unfortunately, it has a mediocre contrast ratio, terrible black uniformity, and there's no local dimming feature to further darken any blacks."

I would just use SDR and use a good TV for HDR.

1 gift from eZipsis

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from eZipsis eZipsis!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

eZipsis said:
I always forget to check if I have any spare keys from Humble. Here is on from the October 2020 monthly.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Sunless Sea - Won by Azai Azai (10 entries)

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
If we know Cyberpunk sold 4.72m on pc, i gotta wonder what the percentage between steam, gog and egs have been. We know that steam should have had the most sales, but i would love to see the Percentage for them all 3.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
RTX is a no-go regardless of GPU if you don't want drops below 60.

Really need to think of it like hairworks for Witcher 3. It's future proofing; not meant for current hardware.
Mine stays above 60 so far at 3440x1440 on an RTX 3080. I turned some things like shadow resolution and volumetric clouds down a notch, also set distant shadow resolution to medium. RTX on high, DLSS on Quality.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else experience this weird look stutter bug sometimes when moving the mouse?

Crouching and uncrouching usually fixes it, but no idea what the trigger is.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the 2077 OP and someone said it might have something to do with AA?

Playing on PC with a 1660 and the game seems quite grainy. Reflections especially. I keep having to stop and check that yes, I do have film grain turned off.

FAFJrhZ.jpg

Does anyone know what's causing this?

EDIT: This is caused by screen space reflections

Last edited:

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is performing absolutely beautifully for me: 2070, i7 9700k. Running at 1440p, Ultra settings, just the 1st RTX setting on, balanced DLSS. Pretty much solid 60FPS at all times. Load times are fast as hell. HDR looks incredible on my Samsung KS8000. Very pleased.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
I can't keep 60 fps at 1440p with my 5700XT no matter what setting I use. That's really disappointing.
The only way is to utilize FidelityFX and scale down the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.