• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
My wife bought me the shifter add-on for my Logitech wheel. Now American Truck Simulator is even better. It took me a minute to figure out why my truck kept turning off. I was stalling it in first gear.

Any other good driving games to play with the shifter? I was thinking about Project CARS 2.
I just installed Shadow of the Tomb Raider and man, it looks like a really competent port
I'm definitely playing this game again when I do my new build. It's easily one of the best looking games on PC

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, my Dishonored experiences consist of quicksave/quickloading like a madman, trying out tons of different approaches, and never, EVER using lethal force of which ~90% of your tools in the first game and ~60% of your tools in the second game consist of.
But why. The game wants you to kill Bill.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the pc build thread but figured I'd put it here too.

I have a coolermaster evo 212 that is just about 4 years old and the fan has occasionally started to slow down and speed up and make noise. Anyone know of an easy fix or is this a part that has lived past its usual lifespan?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
I posted this in the pc build thread but figured I'd put it here too.

I have a coolermaster evo 212 that is just about 4 years old and the fan has occasionally started to slow down and speed up and make noise. Anyone know of an easy fix or is this a part that has lived past its usual lifespan?
Isn't the fan can be replaced by any fans as long as the size is correct?

Oct 25, 2017
The effects of the items you have picked up are listed on the ammonomicon, in the inventory page.

Not really. Just one example:
unknown.png

There are also even more cryptic items.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
What are some good tower defence games on PC?
store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders on Steam

Create a hero from one of four classes to save Etheria in this 4-player coop Tower Defense Action-RPG. Includes Steam exclusive Portal gun & TF2 familiars!
store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders II on Steam

Dungeon Defenders II is a cooperative Action Tower Defense game packed with roleplaying elements like loot, leveling, and pets.
store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders: Awakened on Steam

Dungeon Defenders: Awakened is co-op Tower Defense combined with epic Action RPG combat. You’re able to join forces with up to four players to take on a never-ending army of orcs, demons, and dragons! Are your defenses strong enough to save the world of Etheria?

The first one probably a little bit outdated though.

www.resetera.com

Arknights |OT| Somebody call a doctor, I think tower defense is still alive!

Arknights is a Tower Defense Gacha game for mobile devices, released in China in May, 2019. As the world was torn apart by Catastrophes of unknown origin, Originium Ore suddenly appeared. The power of the ore was harnessed to push civilization forward. But Originium Ore also gave birth to the...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So anyway, got Odyssey back up and running. I was a pretty big mess as I got some semblance of the controls learned again. I'm playing the first dlc before the Atlantis one and managed to get past the first boss on the third try, so there's that.

it was nice to see Kassandra again.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Defense Grid and Defense Grid 2
I'm a fan of Dungeon of the Endless if you're looking for something different. Hybrid hero/td game. It has online co-op too.

X-morph is fun too

store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders on Steam

Create a hero from one of four classes to save Etheria in this 4-player coop Tower Defense Action-RPG. Includes Steam exclusive Portal gun & TF2 familiars!
store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders II on Steam

Dungeon Defenders II is a cooperative Action Tower Defense game packed with roleplaying elements like loot, leveling, and pets.
store.steampowered.com

Dungeon Defenders: Awakened on Steam

Dungeon Defenders: Awakened is co-op Tower Defense combined with epic Action RPG combat. You’re able to join forces with up to four players to take on a never-ending army of orcs, demons, and dragons! Are your defenses strong enough to save the world of Etheria?

The first one probably a little bit outdated though.

www.resetera.com

Arknights |OT| Somebody call a doctor, I think tower defense is still alive!

Arknights is a Tower Defense Gacha game for mobile devices, released in China in May, 2019. As the world was torn apart by Catastrophes of unknown origin, Originium Ore suddenly appeared. The power of the ore was harnessed to push civilization forward. But Originium Ore also gave birth to the...
<3

Thanks

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
My wife bought me the shifter add-on for my Logitech wheel. Now American Truck Simulator is even better. It took me a minute to figure out why my truck kept turning off. I was stalling it in first gear.

Any other good driving games to play with the shifter? I was thinking about Project CARS 2.

I'm definitely playing this game again when I do my new build. It's easily one of the best looking games on PC

Assetto Corsa is a solid one for realism.

If you can find either of them and figure out how to make sure they work on modern set ups, Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 are a lot of fun.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
What makes Red Dead 2 a 108gb game? It seems like a lot for the graphics I've seen in videos and screens

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Lashley Please consider giving Dungeon of the Endless a try. Its not traditional tower defence but it is damn good at getting that same type of feel while doing its own thing. Fantastic game, hope Amplitude get around to making something similar one day.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The sting of not getting GranBlue Versus on STEAM hurts so bad for me. Good thing they announced Kefla today for DBFZ to get my mind off of not being able to play GBV in glorious 8K. It's crazy how lightweight ASW fighters are while looking so damn good.

Using a JPEG to save your lives.

8K gaming in new titles is a thing if you don't try to push the latest AAA graphical extravaganza.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
What makes Red Dead 2 a 108gb game? It seems like a lot for the graphics I've seen in videos and screens

Red Dead 2 has more unique content (environmental art, NPC dialogue, number of fully fleshed out quests) than any game I have ever played. Everything in the game just screams "infinite money and time to develop".

Jun 13, 2018
anyone been playing stoneshard? played a couple rounds last night and got brutalised very early on. that game feels really good to play. very satisfying. I might need a baby mode.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What are some good tower defence games on PC?
PixelJunk Monsters and its sequel Monster 2.
Kingdrom Rush Frontiers and Origins.
Prime World: Defenders
The Anomaly series is good, sort of a reverse TD in that you control the convoy and try to protect it from the enemy towers.
Defense Grid 2.
I haven't played it yet, but X-Morph: Defense is a TD / twin stick hybrid.
There's also Orcs Must Die! 2 which is a hybrid TD / ARPG (without the RPG, heh).

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I remember TD games being the roguelike during early Steam days where indie developers were booming. My favorite is still Plants vs Zombies.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the fact most of the games being created with the actual tag of roguelike are just borrowing the permadeath and slapping some horrendously generic randomization then having for all purposes a completely shit game yeah

It already makes me come off as being a complete snob but the actual roguelike games are great its the essentially shitty knockoff ones that just get mislabeled that are bad

It's basically like how everything is just "The dark souls of"

It's super lazy

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whining about roguelike games is the "EA bad" of indie game talk.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Dragon Age Origins after trying to play through it off and on for the last three years. I found it extremely generic and dull, which was fine enough to push my way through, but then I got to a dream sequence that wanted me to wander around aimlessly through a maze of bullshit and I could tell it was going to go on forever and just no. No. Never. Bye.

2 is supposed to be worse than this? Yikes.

Jun 13, 2018
anyone play iron grip warlord? that was my favourite tower defense game. and played a fair bit of pixeljunk monsters of course.

never really been able to get invested in any tower defense game since. the sanctum games by coffee stain (satisfactory) were pretty good too.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Roguelikes fad will die out just as soon as the zombie one will

I want more roguelikes like ADOM, Neoscavenger, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Caves of QUD, Low Magic Age, Dungeons of Dredmor, Unreal World stuff like that which is more traditional based along the guidelines of what a roguelike was originally

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Dragon Age Origins after trying to play through it off and on for the last three years. I found it extremely generic and dull, which was fine enough to push my way through, but then I got to a dream sequence that wanted me to wander around aimlessly and I could tell it was going to go on forever and just no. No. Never. Bye.
Ahh yes, the dreaded Fade. I think thats what they called it. They made a PC mod to skip that shit but I was fortunate enough to random my way through that thing twice.

It is one of those moments or elements that pop up in games that makes you reconsider replaying them because of how obnoxious it can be. The other one that comes to mind is the Max Payne dream stuff, thank god they toned it down in the sequel.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh yes, the dreaded Fade. I think thats what they called it. They made a PC mod to skip that shit but I was fortunate enough to random my way through that thing twice.

It is one of those moments or elements that pop up in games that makes you reconsider replaying them because of how obnoxious it can be. The other one that comes to mind is the Max Payne dream stuff, thank god they toned it down in the sequel.
feel a bit bad about this because a friend of mine really likes it but i just can't

give me a thousand andromedas before another dao

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is it a surprise? Did anyone give a shit about Last Light's DLC? Didn't seem like anyone played those either.

Feels like Two Colonels got more attention and this is supposedly much bigger and the meat of the SP content. I was expecting some promotion about the ray tracing at they used for it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.