• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The Division 2 costs almost 4 times more on EU UPlay than on US UPlay (3$ vs 10€). Can somebody explain me logic?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Burial at Sea Episode 1 today. In one had i really miss Bioshock and in the other hand that first episode was kinda underwhelming. It started great with part of the Rapture still in full glory but that was like first 1/4 of the game. Soon enough you go back to similar environments like first two games. Parts you visit are not totally ruined but they are not alive and vibrant like Infinite or that first 1/4 of the DLC. But story is still interesting at least.

Moving on to part 2?

I hope you like Dishonored...

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Now that I'm getting into the NFL, I'm disappointed there's no FM Manager equivalent for the sport. Just searched Steam and Google and there isn't shit worth playing. Even F1 has a management sim for crying out loud! (well, Motorsport Manager with a mod)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Now that I'm getting into the NFL, I'm disappointed there's no FM Manager equivalent for the sport. Just searched Steam and Google and there isn't shit worth playing. Even F1 has a management sim for crying out loud! (well, Motorsport Manager with a mod)
Doesn't Madden have a manager mode? Their FIFA does. I doubt it's as deep as Football Manager, but it might be something.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Doesn't Madden have a manager mode? Their FIFA does. I doubt it's as deep as Football Manager, but it might be something.

Yeah it does, haven't played it yet but from what I've seen it's pretty basic looking. Still playing RDR2 at the moment, and I know if I play anything else at the same time it'll take me months to finish it lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

Have not personally played it, but this might be an option:

gmgames.org

Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2020 (PC) NFL Manager Simulation GM Game

Download for DDSPF2020 NFL Manager by Wolverine Studios. Features, User Reviews, Ratings, Screenshots, News and Discord Chat for Windows PC.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Or that it might get even lower in another sale. 🙄
This is my go-to. I may want the game, but i want to pay even less than what the sale price is and get my moneys worth. it's help keep my backlog from growing larger lately. Now Era and the humble choices... those hurt more

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Last I heard the Out of the Park team was supposed to be working on an NFL Manager game but I'm not sure what came of it.

Man, if anyone could do it justice outside of the FM team, it's the OOTP team.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Last I heard the Out of the Park team was supposed to be working on an NFL Manager game but I'm not sure what came of it.

Man, if anyone could do it justice outside of the FM team, it's the OOTP team.

Best I can tell it is still in development.

Welcome to the family, Jim Gindin and Front Office Football! (2/20/2018) - OOTP Developments Forums

Welcome to the family, Jim Gindin and Front Office Football! (2/20/2018) FOF - General Discussions

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
GMhgyUZ.png

🤔

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I own RE2 and am looking to buy the extra costume DLC, but it doesn't look like it's on sale and I don't get a discount on the Deluxe Edition for owning the base game. Is there any way for me to get a discount on the DLC, or do I just have to suck it up and pay full price for it?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think it's bad how season passes are never on sale on PC but the GOTY is, go look at Ubisoft discounting just one part of the DLC for Mario Vs Rabbids on the Nintendo Eshop, but not the pass or the other individual ones at all (nor the GOTY version).

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Teeth how's the monitor treating you? Finally getting my stuff in a day.

It's...good. It's not blowing my mind, but it's good. It took a bit to get used to and it took quite a while to calibrate to a decent level.

I'm a little disappointed in the viewing angle colour shift. Maybe it's backlight bleed? I can't tell exactly the problem, but on the right and left sides i definitely get colour shift (brighter) that I can tell on dark scenes when i move my head up and down, even a little bit. It annoyed me enough that I've changed my desktop background from black (which i've used all my life) to a dark grey so I don't notice it. Since I did that, I have mostly forgot about it til now.

Colour reproduction seems good. If you want my calibration settings, they are:

Code:
Gamer 1

Brightness: 17-25 depending on how much i want my eyeballs seared (whites are extremely bright to me on this monitor)

Contrast 70

sharpness 50

Gamma Mode 2

Color Temp Custom

R/G/B = 47/49/45

DFC off

I can't tell you they are perfectly calibrated, but they are based off of professional calibrations done by others on the net, so it might be a good starting point for you.

If you want something fun, you can try the "HDR Effect" mode for simulated HDR in non-HDR stuff. Not accurate at all, but kinda neat if you want to add extra saturation to colourful scenes.

Other than that, this is my first time on a monitor above 60Hz and above 1080p. I can say that the 27" feels only barely bigger than my old 1080p 24" TN monitor. I like the extra screen real estate (Unity is much easier to use with the wider window sizes and I find myself moving images around a lot less in Photoshop), but I'm a little disappointed in the overall size. I feel like 29"-30" would have been the sweet spot.

And, this may be due to a couple of factors, but I barely notice the 144Hz. That might be because the first/only game i've played on it so far has been Dishonoured 2, which is notoriously fidgety with frametimes, even at high frame rates (though I regularly get 95-144Hz), so I might not be getting a proper smooth demonstration. It might be that Dishonoured 2 is a jerky mess and the 144Hz is making it as smooth as it can be. It might be because I'm pretty tolerant of low frame rates. It might be a conditioning effect where going back to 60Hz now will make me sneer...i'm not sure. I'll be playing Doom 2016 on it next, which should be the perfect game to get a feel for the higher framerate, but right now...i don't notice much of a difference from a locked 60Hz. Just a bit.

This may all seem like complaining, but after a couple of days, i've settled in and I quite like it. It'll probably be one of those things where I go back to my old monitor and it'll look hideous. I get "normalized" to things pretty quick.

For those wondering, I have an LG27GL850.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Good lord complete Revelations 2 is more expensive than RE2make currently.
gg.deals

Buy cheap Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition cd key - lowest price

Compare prices of over 50 stores to find best deals for Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition in digital distribution. Check the price history, create a price alert, buy games cheaper with GG.deals

Take note of this and utilize it to keep track of whenever it goes for a better price for you.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Teach us this skill, it is good
It is called
Waiting
It is what i have been doing these past months myself.
Like consider ori 2
I got it during the recent lunar sale for $25. It isnt much of a discount but it was the best i could manage atm
Paying the full price for a video game in 2020? Hah!

Mind you i do make exceptions but in the ens it comes down to 'do i see myself playing this game any time soon?' If the answer is 'no' then i hold off
If it is 'yes' i review the price and then consider if itll be cheaper down the line. In which case i end up just waiting and play thru my backlog.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
When they hopefully announce the Code Veronica remake that will mean that you'll eventually be able to play the entire mainline Resident Evil story on Steam...but Silent Hill has basically been lost to history

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

This just caught my attention. NorthernLion did a pre-EA release video on it.

The combat in this is what I wanted Hades to be like but that game turned out to be a mashy spammy mess. Gonna keep an eye out for this.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
What is the twist?
What is the post?
www.resetera.com

AI: The Somnium Files was review bombed on Metacritic (From 8.2 to 1.9 in 1 day)

So this is weird: Kotaro Uchokoshi's (Zero Escape) latest game AI: The Somnium Files is several months old. However, it now got heavily review bombed on Metacritic with the User Score of the Switch version tanking from 8.2 to 1.9 in just a single day, gaining 311 review ratings in the process...
tl;dr
- someone review bombed AI The Somnium Files on Metacritic.
- in the above thread, someone posted an in depth "analysis" on why this was done.
- turns out that someone is the bomber.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I thought it was just the actual reason for the bombing not being about lbgt stuff...not that it was an Era member.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Well that's certainly the most bizarre and convoluted defense of Warcraft 3 Reforged I've seen so far.

As someone who still plays Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite I know what it's like to enjoy an unpopular video game, but damn buddy don't take it personally.

Last edited:

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I definitely feel pretty bad for Akira [Okada] getting so upset over it

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's...good. It's not blowing my mind, but it's good. It took a bit to get used to and it took quite a while to calibrate to a decent level.

I'm a little disappointed in the viewing angle colour shift. Maybe it's backlight bleed? I can't tell exactly the problem, but on the right and left sides i definitely get colour shift (brighter) that I can tell on dark scenes when i move my head up and down, even a little bit. It annoyed me enough that I've changed my desktop background from black (which i've used all my life) to a dark grey so I don't notice it. Since I did that, I have mostly forgot about it til now.

Colour reproduction seems good. If you want my calibration settings, they are:

Code:
Gamer 1

Brightness: 17-25 depending on how much i want my eyeballs seared (whites are extremely bright to me on this monitor)

Contrast 70

sharpness 50

Gamma Mode 2

Color Temp Custom

R/G/B = 47/49/45

DFC off

I can't tell you they are perfectly calibrated, but they are based off of professional calibrations done by others on the net, so it might be a good starting point for you.

If you want something fun, you can try the "HDR Effect" mode for simulated HDR in non-HDR stuff. Not accurate at all, but kinda neat if you want to add extra saturation to colourful scenes.

Other than that, this is my first time on a monitor above 60Hz and above 1080p. I can say that the 27" feels only barely bigger than my old 1080p 24" TN monitor. I like the extra screen real estate (Unity is much easier to use with the wider window sizes and I find myself moving images around a lot less in Photoshop), but I'm a little disappointed in the overall size. I feel like 29"-30" would have been the sweet spot.

And, this may be due to a couple of factors, but I barely notice the 144Hz. That might be because the first/only game i've played on it so far has been Dishonoured 2, which is notoriously fidgety with frametimes, even at high frame rates (though I regularly get 95-144Hz), so I might not be getting a proper smooth demonstration. It might be that Dishonoured 2 is a jerky mess and the 144Hz is making it as smooth as it can be. It might be because I'm pretty tolerant of low frame rates. It might be a conditioning effect where going back to 60Hz now will make me sneer...i'm not sure. I'll be playing Doom 2016 on it next, which should be the perfect game to get a feel for the higher framerate, but right now...i don't notice much of a difference from a locked 60Hz. Just a bit.

This may all seem like complaining, but after a couple of days, i've settled in and I quite like it. It'll probably be one of those things where I go back to my old monitor and it'll look hideous. I get "normalized" to things pretty quick.

For those wondering, I have an LG27GL850.
Thank you very much for the impressions and the calibration info. As for Dishonored 2, yep it was in a pretty bad state when it launched and I assume it never got fixed up fully.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

havent been this excited in awhile. Seems they really turned it around, I noticed it went from mixed reviews on steam for a long time to very positive recently, and sure enough after buying it and playing a few hours (just fucking around since everything is getting wiped on release) and its fantastic, it feels super polished, its gorgeous (first of the genre that actually feels "next gen" to me), the combat feels SUPER meaty (even the spells feel meaty lol), just really impressed and I cant wait to veg out all day with it.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I own RE2 and am looking to buy the extra costume DLC, but it doesn't look like it's on sale and I don't get a discount on the Deluxe Edition for owning the base game. Is there any way for me to get a discount on the DLC, or do I just have to suck it up and pay full price for it?

Going by Is There Any Deal it doesn't look like the individual DLC's have ever been on sale yet. The Bundle might be the best option for a slight discount.

Jul 26, 2019

I am waiting extra costumes to go on sale for months now. Whenever game gets discounts on Steam, costumes shows they are on discount on my wishlist but does not have any discount nor on the individual costumes neither on the extra DLC.

Im hoping they put additional discount on RE2 and its DLC's around release of RE3.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Like Uzzy said, the RE2 costumes have never been on sale either individually or as the extra bundle, and I doubt they will go on sale anytime soon if ever.

I did the same mistake and bought the base game on sale first outside of Steam and figured I'd grab the DLC on sale later. Just turns out it never goes on sale, so buying the deluxe version outright would have been the smarter move, especially since I didn't start playing the game until a bit later so it's not like I absolutely needed to buy the base game when I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.